April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Request by Harperella for playing on WeatherStock  (Read 14950 times)

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
Request by Harperella for playing on WeatherStock
« on: 08 May, 2011, 10:30:37 pm »
Hey Shades,

Via de Codemasters forum i got a request for the Shades to play on the yearly WeatherStock event. He asked me if the right representative of the Shades could contact him. Here is the request:

I am trying to contact a representative of the Shades to participate in Weatherstock 2011 on the US servers. Could you have the appropriate member send me an email at harperelle at gmail dot com?

--Harp

Also he made a post on the forums asking bands to contact them (remember he is ASKING the Shades :P )

Weatherstock, the largest concert in all Middle Earth will be happening on the US server Landroval on Jun 18th. I'm looking for any EU bands who would like to participate. If you would, then reply to the Weatherstock-2011-Official-Band-Signup thread on Landroval forums, or send me a PM here.

Sadly, I cannot put links or images in this post to the important pages. A quick google search of "Weatherstock LOTRO" will net you lots of information, including coverage by Massively, Turbine, and the BBC.

--Harperella
« Last Edit: 08 May, 2011, 10:34:03 pm by Padme »

SWTOR:
-=Paad'm 65 (BH Merc) - Paam'd 55 (Sniper) - Pluk 51 (Sorc)=-
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
-=Human Torch 33 - Black Widow 35 - Cyclops 39 - Silver Surfer 46 =-
DIABLO3:
-=Paadm 70 (P208) Wizard - Paam 70 (P208) Barbarian - PadmOne 70 (P208) Monk - Padmoon 70 (P208) Demon Hunter - PadCrus 70 (P208) Crusader =-

Offline Joxer

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
Re: Request by Harperella for playing on WeatherStock
« Reply #1 on: 08 May, 2011, 11:09:27 pm »
Oh sounds really interesting.  I might have made Kosei on the US servers already (can't tell you which off the top of my head), but am happy to make another if needed.

Only slight hitch is I guess I'll have to re-download the US client for this PC, but I can do that near to the end of my May bandwidth reset (4th June) in time for the gig, if it's decided we will play.

Offline Joxer

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 08 May, 2011, 11:25:29 pm »
and the BBC.

BBC, as in 'THE' BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation?)  Surely not :O

EDIT:

Seem so.  An entry in the BBC Tech News Blog from last year (4th bullet-point):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/seealso/2010/06/tech_brief_26.html
« Last Edit: 08 May, 2011, 11:53:59 pm by Joxer »

Offline Trisbor

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #3 on: 08 May, 2011, 11:35:42 pm »
Hiya, just a small note on this:

Only slight hitch is I guess I'll have to re-download the US client for this PC, but I can do that near to the end of my May bandwidth reset (4th June) in time for the gig, if it's decided we will play.

We are all going to use the same client after the 1st of June, once Turbine has taken over all the EU players from Codemasters. All EU servers will remain as they are (same server names), but they will be physically located in the US, and we will all be using the same game client. Thus making characters on Landroval will be as easy as it is for us to make a new character on for example Eldar right now.

If the transition goes according to plan, we should be up and running not too long after the 1st of June (Codies have announced that there will be some downtime, but so far they have not given more details).

Offline Achazia

• Songsmith of Xibalba
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/achazia74
« Reply #4 on: 08 May, 2011, 11:37:50 pm »
Well.
I have sort of taken a high priority to work on my RL songs-- But I guess one night with this does not hurt.. Would be interesting to have a look atleast..

Can people sign up if interessed? and then I can send Harperella a request.

Playing both LOTRO and TSW at the moment.

Offline Joxer

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 08 May, 2011, 11:40:43 pm »
We are all going to use the same client after the 1st of June

Oh that's great news!  I had a feeling it was coming but didn't realise they would be getting it done so soon.  Will make things so much easier with just one client.

And for the official record:

/sign
« Last Edit: 08 May, 2011, 11:43:43 pm by Joxer »

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 08 May, 2011, 11:42:18 pm »
I have read up on this event and it seems that the main event is with bands playing for 10-15 minute time-slots... so i guess it wont need much preperation just for the costumes can be a thing to arrange...

Willing to help out on that by asking some people on the Landroval server (have some toons there, quite lowlvl though)...

And ofcourse ill be cheering! :)

SWTOR:
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
DIABLO3:
-=Paadm 70 (P208) Wizard - Paam 70 (P208) Barbarian - PadmOne 70 (P208) Monk - Padmoon 70 (P208) Demon Hunter - PadCrus 70 (P208) Crusader =-

Offline Achazia

• Songsmith of Xibalba
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 09 May, 2011, 10:50:35 am »
Hello

Ok I signed us up :) Will be a nice event and I am very curious to hear other bands.. I do have Achazia already on Landroval lvl 16.
But since we all gonna move 1juny.. We also need to change client I guess.. So it wont be much extra effort, than just create a character on Landroval.
Atleast I know Kosei and myself will be present in the band.. I need 2 or 3 more..
We will only play 10-15 min. But need to commit the whole evening. but since many people will be present.. I am sure it will be fun..

reason I signed us up.. is that I see no reason for much organizing.. We just gonna play 5 songs.. Not much planning. Just need to know if people are interessed..
But ofc I sign us off, if people cant :D

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 09 May, 2011, 12:16:49 pm »
I would love to see this... i am curious though what times we are talking about considering the different timezones...

SWTOR:
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
DIABLO3:

Offline Achazia

• Songsmith of Xibalba
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 09 May, 2011, 12:19:23 pm »
Oh dear... I didnt think about timezones.. lol.

Thats an issue ofc... hehe..

I dont find the time.. And is it 6 hours difference?

Offline Joxer

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 09 May, 2011, 12:20:39 pm »
I would love to see this... i am curious though what times we are talking about considering the different timezones...

Oh, thats a very good point actually. I never even considered the timezones issue.  Not too big a deal for me, as I am often up pretty late most nights anyways, but understandably could be difficult for others.  Could definately do with working that out yea.

Here is hoping the organisers have thought that through and scheduled it for like 1pm US time or something on a weekend, which would make it evening here in the EU.

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 09 May, 2011, 12:29:07 pm »
I dont mind asking Harp for the times or did you already Achy?

SWTOR:
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
DIABLO3:

Offline Achazia

• Songsmith of Xibalba
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 09 May, 2011, 04:48:02 pm »
Please do Padme :) I haven't..

And I also need to clarify with other Shades members if they are willing to make dublicates of their char..

Also remember there are mobs on the top of weathertop. And we would get a lot of aggro if we show up as lvl 5 characters.

I have signed up temporary :)

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 10 May, 2011, 08:49:59 am »
The time is currently not set, so we can move it to earlier in the day to accommodate EU schedules. You would need to have Landroval toons to participate, but the Lonely Mountain Band would be happy to assist you in procurring costumes, spare musicians, and even mentoring if required. We've run this event twice and keep a fully staffed security team to make sure that all visitors from other servers can make it to Weatherstock, even with a level 3 character. Its a lot of fun!
--Harp

Originally Posted by Caelil
Hello Harperella,

Sorry for bothering you again but we would like to know at what time the event will take place since we are European based. Therefor we would also like to know if it is possible to get an early entry (somewhere in the beginning of the event) for playtime.

Another issue that was mentioned, also since we are EU based and most of us dont have characters on the Landroval server (which will probably be alot easier after the Global Service kicks in) because till now we need to download another client if you can arrange for lowlevel characters safe passage to Weathertop (because of the mobs in the Lonelands).

Sorry for all these questions but we are really enthausiastic about playing at your event. We are asking the bandmembers if they are willing and able to come and i understand Achazia has already contacted you.

With kind regards,

Caelas

SWTOR:
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
DIABLO3:

Offline Lustwyn

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #14 on: 10 May, 2011, 12:50:20 pm »
If we are going to use one client for the (original) US and EU servers I will be happy to come and play at the concert with my little stabber   :blush:

Offline Achazia

• Songsmith of Xibalba
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #15 on: 10 May, 2011, 03:04:40 pm »
I think it will start 7.00pm EST which means midnignt in GMT time.. 00.00 GMT time..soo it means 02.00 o clock in Norway.. So if we need to commit in 3 hours.. In worst case I will not be in bed until 05.00 o'clock in the morning. maybe I am wrong about timezone..

it will be to late for me Im afraid. But..exception wil be if I have a tipsy Kosei on voice.. haha. And we will be the first band starting... And maybe they could have it a little eariler..

Problem is that I get so tired at the evenings nowadays.. So is hard to commit to such things..

Offline Joxer

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 10 May, 2011, 04:55:06 pm »
But..exception wil be if I have a tipsy Kosei on voice.. haha

I am sure I can manage that!! :D

*tries to work out just how much daiquiri can be stored in the freezer*
« Last Edit: 10 May, 2011, 07:27:35 pm by Joxer »

Offline Trisbor

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #17 on: 10 May, 2011, 06:58:43 pm »
I think it will start 7.00pm EST which means midnignt in GMT time.. 00.00 GMT time..soo it means 02.00 o clock in Norway.. So if we need to commit in 3 hours.. In worst case I will not be in bed until 05.00 o'clock in the morning.

Remedy to solve any time zone confusion: www.timeanddate.com - US east cost is 5 hours behind the UK / 6 hours behind Norway. I.e. 7 pm EST is 1 am in Norway.

Suggestion: Try to convince them to move the event to an earlier time that day, or make a deal so that The Shades can be the first band on stage.

Offline Achazia

• Songsmith of Xibalba
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 11 May, 2011, 07:22:10 am »
Only four more slots left for Weatherstock! The start time is now slated for 4pmEST/9pmGMT on June 18th to accommodate EU timezones.

--Harp

This makes things soo much easier.. Ofc is still a little late for me.. But something I can live with. Harp seems to be a sensible Lady, so I think is no problem for her if we ask to be one of the first bands,,

I am willing to join this event.. And I know Kosei, Padme too? (Padme are you willing to help out in the band if needed? Is like 5 songs we will play)

Anyone else like to join this event? I need 2 more members. Everyone in Kin is welcome to join..(Also the new ones)

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 11 May, 2011, 09:03:29 am »
Sure ill help out... but to be honest i have never looked into the music system... any good guides on the ABC system? (Lotro Music for Noobs?)

SWTOR:
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
DIABLO3:

binomial-cheese