Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: S0BRIC's application for Planetside 2  (Read 4975 times)

Offline Sobric

• Lurker
S0BRIC's application for Planetside 2
« on: 20 July, 2015, 02:35:31 pm »
About Me:

Name: Chris

What other games apart from Planetside 2 do you play?: Wide-ranging, but mainly Dota 2 (less and less of that recently though) and Guild Wars 2

A bit about yourself: Young professional living in London. I try to game as much as possible, but have to balance gaming with working (easy) and living with the girlfriend (hard)

Character name: S0BRIC (second character is a zero)

Main class: Combat Medic

Battlerank: 11/12

What are you mainly certing into (main class, vehicle, leadership etc.)?: Main Class, although I have level 4 med gun, nano armour and regen already. Other points I'm trying to put into Engineer and Sundy.

How often do you play Planetside 2 (typical weekly playtime and which hours)?: 6 -8 hours a week. Mainly week-day evening, with the occasional afternoon if I'm "working" from home. Occasionally I'll be on for extended sessions (6 hours plus, maybe once a month)

MoX essentials

Do you have Teamspeak 3? Yes, used to it and have mic.

Please also confirm you have read and agreed to the MoX Charter Found here: http://www.moxguild.com/index.php?page=page1464

I confirm and agree to the MoX Charter.

Also by the end of your two week trail you Must have AMS and squad beacon 1 certifications

I have these already.

IMPORTANT

Have you been in another outfit on Miller? (Yes/No): Yes - full disclosure in below question apologies for the length.

If so: Which one(s)? And why did you leave?:

I actually have two other Miller characters, one NC and one VS. Before you chuck out my application, let me briefly explain. I am a returning PS2 player. My first PS 2 character was NC on Miller, part of the old PS1 community known as The Halibuts (which is now inactive in PS2).

As I was getting bored of PS2, about 2 years ago I suppose, I created a VS character to see if it would spark interest in the game again (it didn't).

I recently returned to PS2 after Steam suggested I'd like the game, and tried out both my NC and VS characters. After a few hours with both I wasn't satisfied, and following a reddit suggestion made a fresh TR character. I'm absolutely loving it. 

Why did you choose the class you are now playing as your main class?: Love the Medic. It's a great way to get Cert points, but the TR AR has got to be my favourite gun the game.

Certification (ie what you have spents certs on what you plan for the future: As above - I've dumped most of them into Combat Medic, secondary would be Sunderer and Engineer.

Do you know anyone in MoX who can vouch for you?: No, however BobsquddleFU on reddit suggested that MoX would be a good outfit.

Why do you want to join MoX?:

Again, apologies for the life-story here but: the reason I left PS2 the first time round was because, in limited playing time due to RL matters, I hated dicking around.

Since returning I've gone through each Empire on Miller in turn and only been satisfied with the TR. The NC don't do organised (a serious lack of medics), and the VS are better but nothing prepared me for public TR squads. I've had 3 public squads whose leaders were using voice comms (FU and Goon Squad I think were two of them).

I've not had this much fun in Planetside since my Planetside 1 days 10 years ago (I was in a top VS outfit on Werner called Sons of Temujin)!

What type of guild are you looking for?:

I'm looking for organised, primarily infantry focused, PS2 action. I love being in the thick of battle, I love the gal drops, pre-capping. I've read some entries on Squadside and plan to get an underslung smoke-grenade launcher ASAP.

From what I've heard and read, MoX seems like the sort of outfit that can offer that!

What are your goals when playing Planetside 2, what do you want to achieve and how long do you plan to keep playing?:

How long is a difficult question. I'm not a DB member but I have been in the past, so will probably sign up again and long-term membership offers the best value for money.

In terms of goals - I'd like to master the Combat Medic, and probably Heavy as well. I love infantry combat, particularly in close base environments, but I'm losing out to higher BR guys constantly. More practice, more certs etc. will help but learning from others would be even better!

Additional Information:

Clearly I write way too much. Sorry about that.

Offline Bobsquddle

• 04. MoX News Team
  • Noobler
  • Likes Ducks
Re: S0BRIC's application for Planetside 2
« Reply #1 on: 20 July, 2015, 02:47:28 pm »
Hello there! Nice to see you found your way here!  :D

An important looking person will  be along in a bit to give this the thumbs up, and i'll get you the TS details.

Ops are on sundays with a training night on tuesdays, hope to see you there!

Edit :  PM sent

Edit of the edit : Have a look at http://www.squadside.com/ if you have some spare time, lots of tips in there as well as some stuff we tend to do/use.
« Last Edit: 20 July, 2015, 03:03:14 pm by Bobsquddle »

Offline Sobric

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: 20 July, 2015, 03:50:23 pm »
Thanks mate!

I've had a browse of squadside - great resource! I'm looking forward to putting some of it into practice! 

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 20 July, 2015, 08:27:22 pm »
Welcome to MoX Sorbic.  We were also on the Werner server in PS1 under the MoX name, and I do recall your old outfit.

We'll start your trial as of today, and hope to see you on Tuesday for our training night :)

Offline Sobric

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: 21 July, 2015, 12:43:02 pm »
Thanks! When is the training tonight? I might be able to make it earlier in the evening (6pm GMT ish)

Offline Loban

• 24. Planetside 2 Ingame Officer
  • Noobler
  • Role Model: Launchpad McQuack
« Reply #5 on: 21 July, 2015, 01:51:43 pm »
Thanks! When is the training tonight? I might be able to make it earlier in the evening (6pm GMT ish)

Usually starting at 8o'Clock BST, so 21.00 for most of Europe.

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 21 July, 2015, 02:23:05 pm »
As Loban said we normally kick stuff off around 8 UK time, but folks start logging on around 7-7.30

binomial-cheese