Public > Alliances

My final words

(1/5) > >>

Gulbrand:
Hi

Obviously, I left by deleting my characters. A blend of personal reasons for this, which makes it long overdue, as well as lack of reasons to stay. But I've never been the one to remain quiet during arguments and I shall make this no exception. And of course there are a few I'd like to say goodbye to, but regretfully not too many.

This is largely about raiding and the activites surrounding raiding. When I first started playing this game, I wanted to experience grouping. As I joined the Shadows and we began to do the Rift way back when, my motives for raiding quickly turned to having fun with the people I knew. It remained that way for the remainder of the Shadows of Angmar era. At the end of SOA, we had established a tight-knit group of friends, which included not only Shadows members, but of course the other alliance kins as well. For a long time, I was unsure about whether to include Moth and Flame in this group, due to the events of late spring/early summer. It was not untill the last couple of months that I knew where to place them. Their "drama-posts" were not selfish at all as is the popular belief, but honest, heartfelt concerns that never should have been ignored the way they were. I regret not seeing that before it was too late.

They were concerned about the direction the alliance had taken. About the lack of importance of friendship. They saw it over a half a year ago. They were ignored and shunned by the alliance and the problem was allowed to manifest. Never has it been more obvious than now, how right they were. I remember back in the days when Kheltan rolled for the jewelled bell. 11 people raised an eyebrow and he quickly learned his place. Now a few lootwhores have joined the alliance raids and I do not think it is necessary for me to mention their names. How have they been dealt with? They haven't been. Rather than to stand by the principles that once made this alliance so great, said lootwhores have been allowed to remain and continue as they did, simply because of the fear of not having enough people to do raids with. A rather amusing assumption really, seeing as there's still people waiting for radiance gear so they can join. There has been a valiant effort by a few kind souls to get them their gear, but not like the alliance once did. Names like Edge, Essy, Squard and Val come to mind. I've seen their efforts for their fellows. Gul had done every single deed and quest in every instance, and I'm sure the four mentioned names can say the same.

But the focus of the alliance shifted. It turned from having fun with friends, to scrambling enough people and downing bosses to acquire loot. That night I dropped the raid when Essy left just before me, I was even told off for doing so, as it "endangered the raid". I think it was pretty obvious why I left the raid. When Essy was gone, I had no reason to stay. She has been the only reason I've been playing for the last 6, 7 or 8 months and vice versa, and raiding without her would simply not have been enjoyable at all. I suppose Malth was worried about class balance or numbers and was pissed off that I could have put a stop to the raid. Such problems never stopped us back in the Rift-days. I did not agree with the new motives for raiding and I was made an outcast.

So with that, I say goodbye to the friends I leave. I wish you good fortunes and hope you enjoy yourself.

Take care,
Gul

(I meant to post this in the Shadows alliance section, but my access was removed Thursday morning)

Achazia:
Ohh
Wow..You deleted all your characters Gul?
I remember you left the Kin one time before..And I believe you left the Kin in the heat of the moment..Bcs I remember you regretted and came back..
Ahh well I a sure you have good reasons for doing what you did (Ofc I read your above post and the reasons)  I just hope you don't regret it in future, and that you have thinked this well through.. (I am sure you have...just find it a bit sad that Gul is gone forever..)

Good luck with everything Gul.. Studying and other RL things!!!

And if you thinking on bring life to Gulbrand JR one day..I am sure many of us will welcome you back! hehe..
Have a great time Gulbrand.: And ofc is many other nice things to do than playing Lotro aswell ofc  !!!! Have fun!!
Many will miss you, me for one!
Achazia

Padme:
Hee Gul,

You have your reasons and we have to respect that but i would like to state that i think it is a sad thing when someone cuts all ties (deleting your chars) with the intention not to be able to come back at your decision. I have enjoyed playing with ya and regret i didnt reach cap in time to raid a bit with ya to see what it is you mean (as mentioned above in your post).

Good luck and good bye (forum, other game or maybe even LotRO again with a noob char  )!

Greetz,
Padme / Caelas

Yuroo:
Hey Gul!

When these things happen, it is very painful even to just be an ignorant and gullable bystander and get all the information when all that's been done already has been done, if you know what I mean.

I'm sad you felt you had to take this decision. I hope we will meet again, someday, somewhere.
Until then, take care.

/Zorb

Wicked Mouse:
Hey Gulle!

It's sad to see you have decided to take the radical decision to even delete your characters. I personally would just have played more creep or even other games to cool off. But you must have your personal reasons for what you decided to do. I hope you fare well in whatever you are planning to do next. Don't be a stranger and pop by on the forum or maybe in other games  Mayb e pick up World in Conflict again (if I remember correctly that you were playing that too, when I first joined the Shadows kinship)?

Ah well, I hope all will be well

WM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version