May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Kelindis

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
Greetings
« on: 12 February, 2010, 01:33:07 pm »
Greetings to you all and thankyou for accepting my initial application,

Those who do not know me nor have met me should know my name is Kelindis Elenkiya of the House Elenkiya i enjoy travelling and though i know your history i am not from this place you call Middle Earth. Before i came to Arda i had visited many places and seen many things yet it was my struggle with the Shadow Priest Bardak, who took offence to my mapping of his particular node, that brought me here finally. This feud, that caused much strife in my previous life, destroyed my home, killed innocents, my friends and fellow navigators alike all at the will of the Shadow priest, until in the end i gathered what remained of those who fought for freedom and attacked him directly. The battle did not go well first my brother Ingas fell at my side to one of the creatures of undeath the priest commanded, then Miles a fellow navigator fell to his own blade reflected from the Shadow Priests shield, Brytac Styles who was terribly scarred by the priests minions and lost his wife in a previous encounter with the priest was consumed by his own fire taking the undead creatures with him for he had vowed never to let the priest capture him again, A more fierce man of his word i have never known. Then Alas Sir Julian Galinesque, The Just, a man who had been as a brother to me finally succumed to his wounds attemting to destroy Bardak`s shield. Finally mortally wounded i was left standing alone, against the might of the Shadow priest whose shield had protected him form all my fellows fatal blows, he mocked me standing amoungst my dead friends telling me i would soon be amounst them and recounted the torture and murder of my other 2 companions he had previously captured. It was then the idea came to me a flash of inspiration perhaps that the mage would have been proud of, for unbeknowest to the priest he had delivered to me the means by which i would finish him. The Archmage Dras Killian, one of my companions he had captured during his raid on my house and then later torured and killed in his dungeons, had a very powerful staff which never left his side. Bardak had this sent to me stained with the mages blood to torment me with his foul deed and though i did not use them myself i carried it into the battle in his memory. I dropped my blades to the floor and retrieving the staff i limped towards him, his maniacal laughter echoed through his halls as he asked me what i was going to do with that twig. I stood before him and smiled as he raised his shield i said "Ill Show you" and promptly broke it over my knee resleasing all the power that was harnessed inside destroying us both, his death howls rung in my ears as it all went white, then black.
I awoke in a place called Edhelion many many years ago, how i came to be alive is still a mystery to me yet i was soon to discover that you have a problem with a Shadow that has gripped your land whom does equally dispicable things to enforce its will on those who would be free, so i avail myself to the cause of the free people and lend what skills and knowledge i posses to defeat your Lord of Shadow and so it is with this tale that i offer my services and join you Kinship for the eternal battle against the forces of Darkness.

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
Greetings
« Reply #1 on: 12 February, 2010, 02:00:10 pm »
Welcome Kel!

Good to see you posting here on the forum. Met you ingame already and I hope you will like it with us!

SWTOR:
-=Paad'm 65 (BH Merc) - Paam'd 55 (Sniper) - Pluk 51 (Sorc)=-
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
-=Human Torch 33 - Black Widow 35 - Cyclops 39 - Silver Surfer 46 =-
DIABLO3:
-=Paadm 70 (P208) Wizard - Paam 70 (P208) Barbarian - PadmOne 70 (P208) Monk - Padmoon 70 (P208) Demon Hunter - PadCrus 70 (P208) Crusader =-

Offline daimon

• Lumberjack & Paranoid Sling Swinger
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
  • Milkaway
    • http://www.facebook.com/sami.kulmala
Greetings
« Reply #2 on: 12 February, 2010, 02:11:18 pm »
 *wall of text crits daimon*

Hi Kelindis. Had the pleasure to meet you in-game already.

Offline Dirtball

• Father Sithmas
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
Greetings
« Reply #3 on: 12 February, 2010, 02:37:54 pm »
Welcome to The Shadows and MoX Kelindis, happy to have you with us.

Your two week trial officialy begins now. Try to join in on chat and groups where possible so we can all get to know each other. Should you wish to become a full member once the two weeks are up please remember to post back here or begin a new thread requesting sponsors.

See you in Middle-Earth

Offline Eovina

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Greetings
« Reply #4 on: 13 February, 2010, 03:22:45 am »
Welcome to the kin Kelindis...  Hope you will like you here...

Eovina-HNT lvl 75 Thinuwiel-RK lvl 75Chelestina-BURG lvl 85
Celebrianna CAPT- lvl 76  Immerandir- WRD lvl 75 Lilliathel- LM lvl 85
  Riwennor-MINS lvl 75Welin- CHP- lvl 75 Amaryllia-GRD-lvl 75

Offline Aduilas

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Greetings
« Reply #5 on: 13 February, 2010, 03:25:14 am »
Welcome to the kin, Kelindis..
- Aduilas

Steam: Lindn

Offline Yuroo

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • TorilMUD
Greetings
« Reply #6 on: 13 February, 2010, 12:25:47 pm »
Greetings Kel and welcome to the Shadows!
It seems to fit perfectly with what you are searching for.
Currently only playing...with myself...

Offline Berry

• Pie Mistress
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • You're never alone with a rubber duck
    • Tales of Arda
Greetings
« Reply #7 on: 13 February, 2010, 01:32:35 pm »
Welcome to the Shadows, Kel :) Very nice introduction and I hope you'll like it here!

Berry
Life is about loving and learning - and not taking yourself too seriously ~Berry

Offline Lithia

• Mrs. ZombieB
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Greetings
« Reply #8 on: 13 February, 2010, 03:24:29 pm »
Welcome to The Shadows and MoX Kel, I hope you'll like it with us

LOTRO: Lithia (81 Hunter pew pew) / various alts at all levels

No, I do not have a playernote on Lithia, and may I quote myself: Neverr!!!

Offline Thaumatur

• 02. Captain
  • Veteran
Greetings
« Reply #9 on: 13 February, 2010, 04:02:24 pm »
Nice post, Kel

I recall the story well, but I'm glad its up here for all to see now

Welcome to the Shadows

Offline Kelindis

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
Greetings
« Reply #10 on: 27 February, 2010, 01:28:21 am »
Well it appears my apprenticeship is officially over and so far i dont think ive managed to annoy anyone nor have i been annoyed by anyone. Thats got to be a first, perhaps youre all alot more reasonable than the shadow priest, of course, i guess thats not too hard. Though i joined a kin calling themselves The Shadows and at first did so with trepidation i find no darkness amoungst you and think the name is perhaps a guise you have used to fool the enemies, very cunning, However the real shadow appears to be much more terrible than the one i fought and will take much longer to defeat i fear, so if you will have me i am willing to settle down with you and try to make a new start here, i have a wonderful home in Ered Luin, one Bardak cannot touch, and at some point im going to want to hold a house warming party there, all the kin are invited though exactly when i cannot say as im not quite settled yet. Thanks to all those who have given me a warm welcome and fellowshipped with me i look forward to more of the same in the future, and its that to which i now look with you, if we have future together please let me know.

Kelindis Elenkirya, Master Navigator

Offline Berry

• Pie Mistress
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • Tales of Arda
Greetings
« Reply #11 on: 27 February, 2010, 01:09:33 pm »
Hello Kel! Congratulations on surviving the trial period. I've found that you're good company on kinchat in the early/late hours and seem like a helpful person as well, so you have my /sponsoring.

Berry
Life is about loving and learning - and not taking yourself too seriously ~Berry

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
Greetings
« Reply #12 on: 27 February, 2010, 01:34:27 pm »
/sponsor

He is nice and very helpfull indeed. A definite good add to the kin

SWTOR:
-=Paad'm 65 (BH Merc) - Paam'd 55 (Sniper) - Pluk 51 (Sorc)=-
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
-=Human Torch 33 - Black Widow 35 - Cyclops 39 - Silver Surfer 46 =-
DIABLO3:
-=Paadm 70 (P208) Wizard - Paam 70 (P208) Barbarian - PadmOne 70 (P208) Monk - Padmoon 70 (P208) Demon Hunter - PadCrus 70 (P208) Crusader =-

Offline Yuroo

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • TorilMUD
Greetings
« Reply #13 on: 27 February, 2010, 01:53:01 pm »
Hi Kel,

As I haven't really grouped with you and only had an occasional chat in kin-chat, I feel I haven't interacted enough with you to be able to sponsor, I'm afraid.
But, by the little I have seen, I'm quite sure you will get your sponsors in no-time.

Offline Thaumatur

• 02. Captain
  • Veteran
Greetings
« Reply #14 on: 27 February, 2010, 06:50:14 pm »
Kelindis ... I'm not eligible to /sponsor yet as its not been 6 months for me yet, but just to let you know I would if I could

You'd been active on kinchat and fairlly hardcore in the amount of hours online (totally unlike me )  

You have been very helpful to my alts making sure they could do their craft quests, and I've seen you out and about helping kin and getting involved in lots of instances. You are of course a very experience MMO player but also know you character well and tend to be the last man standing in any situation (just a hint get some character that can revive )

The new kin facility "I require a navigator" has been very popular too

I'm confident you'll get all the sponsors you need to carry on
« Last Edit: 27 February, 2010, 06:54:01 pm by Thaumatur »

Offline Achazia

• Songsmith of Xibalba
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/achazia74
Greetings
« Reply #15 on: 27 February, 2010, 07:44:09 pm »
/sponsor
seems like a nice helpful person. And it has been fun to chat with you in Kinchat

Playing both LOTRO and TSW at the moment.

Offline Dirtball

• Father Sithmas
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
Greetings
« Reply #16 on: 27 February, 2010, 08:00:41 pm »
Sponsors achieved and trial passed.

Welcome to The Shadows and MoX, Kel. All the forum should open up to you very soon.
« Last Edit: 27 February, 2010, 08:01:10 pm by Dirtball »

Offline daimon

• Lumberjack & Paranoid Sling Swinger
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
  • Milkaway
    • http://www.facebook.com/sami.kulmala
Greetings
« Reply #17 on: 27 February, 2010, 08:49:09 pm »
You're now part of us Kelindis. No way to turn back now im afraid

Offline Berry

• Pie Mistress
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • Tales of Arda
Greetings
« Reply #18 on: 27 February, 2010, 11:04:39 pm »
Welcome Kel

Offline Yuroo

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • TorilMUD
Greetings
« Reply #19 on: 27 February, 2010, 11:19:17 pm »
Welcome Kel!

binomial-cheese