May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
[5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: LoTRO - Recruit  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Yma

• Noobler
    • http://www.cangelini.com
LoTRO - Recruit
« on: 15 April, 2010, 11:44:19 pm »
Hello!

Just started the trial in The Shadows, so I'm going to give you a recap and some bits of info.

I'm 41, Italian, male with kids, self employed (IT). Playing mmogs since 98, I played UO in the beginning, Catskills and Drachenfels server, then DAoC (euro, Prydwen server, Midgard), AoC and Warhammer, with some quick runs to rather unfortunate games like E&B and Tabula Rasa. And EVE, which I'm still playing from time to time when I want to take a break from swords and wizards. The main result of this mix is that I confuse how are called groups in which game: so I tend to mix guilds, teams, corporations, kinship and some others I don't remember now but will surely pop up  I'm known as Yma in all other games except   EVE, so in case you were in   my same servers, in my time, you could know   me. And always been a   dwarf where dwarves could be rolled  Don't ask - I don't know if it's because of ale affinity or RL grumpiness.

Past game experience includes almost everything, leading and following guilds and raids and events, team pvp, light RP, crafting, levelling and rerolling. And being killed, a lot, in all possible ways and by all enemies including my own stupidity

I requested a trial with you as I had a successful group with one of your kin mates, and was positively impressed by what he showed beyond the normal class and gaming lore. I'm not interested in a l33t guild full of the best toons or the best raiders or whatever but empty inside, after so many years playing I just don't care anymore - I'm looking for fun and good time, and that happens only when your usual group share the same mind set. Which doesn't exclude raids or anything - I just don't like emodramas when things don't go as planned or force you to quit real life just to be in game.

I'm in LotRO since 14 days, just closed the trial, my main Yma is a dwarf   Guardian, currently L41, and I already rolled my huntress which, in case I'll be confirmed, I agree to let in (she doesn't eat too much, honest). I enjoy heavy tanking roles, both as aggro magnet and as peeler, and secondarily ranged dps or stealther classes. My playstyle is usually strongly cooperative so I enjoy well planned groups, but sometimes you can have lots of fun even with random classes if you just don't let defeats ruin your or others' day. And I like soloing, so I'm not going to stand still looking for groups, rather log in and busy myself doing stuff

On the bad side, I'm not a big chatter in game (I am in forums), I'm not a big fan of voice comms althought I reckon sometimes it's just necessary, I detest begging and needless arguing about loot and tend to be grumpy and rude in such situation from time to time, dwarf style. If you're reading this last sentence, thanks for your time

Hope to have chances to group with you in the next days, even if I reckon we have severe level differences. See you in game, as usual.

Offline Dirtball

• Father Sithmas
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #1 on: 16 April, 2010, 12:01:02 am »
Welcome to The Shadows and MoX, Yma.

Your two week trial officialy begins now. Once the trial is up and if you wish to become a full member please remember to post back here or start a new thread requesting sponsors.

See you in Middle-Earth

Offline daimon

• Lumberjack & Paranoid Sling Swinger
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
  • Milkaway
    • http://www.facebook.com/sami.kulmala
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 16 April, 2010, 12:02:28 am »
Nice app. Welcome to the mad house

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 16 April, 2010, 12:06:49 am »
Very nice application.

And lvl 41 in the 2 week trial?

Dayumn, took me a year to get to 47. Hope your trial goes smoothly.
Still alive (as of 31/10/2016)

Offline Yuroo

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • TorilMUD
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 16 April, 2010, 01:13:48 am »
Hi and welcome to the Shadows/MoX Yma!
Currently only playing...with myself...

Offline Lithia

• Mrs. ZombieB
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 16 April, 2010, 01:48:55 am »
Welcome to the Shadows/MoX Yma, I hope you'll like it here

LOTRO: Lithia (81 Hunter pew pew) / various alts at all levels

No, I do not have a playernote on Lithia, and may I quote myself: Neverr!!!

Offline Tingilinde

• Noobler
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 16 April, 2010, 03:43:21 am »
Welcome to the Shadows  Hope you'll like it with us

Offline Eovina

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 16 April, 2010, 05:34:46 am »
Welcome to the shadows Yma

Eovina-HNT lvl 75 Thinuwiel-RK lvl 75Chelestina-BURG lvl 85
Celebrianna CAPT- lvl 76  Immerandir- WRD lvl 75 Lilliathel- LM lvl 85
  Riwennor-MINS lvl 75Welin- CHP- lvl 75 Amaryllia-GRD-lvl 75

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 16 April, 2010, 06:50:38 am »
Welcome to this crazy bunch!

See you after my weekend of rl fun

SWTOR:
-=Paad'm 65 (BH Merc) - Paam'd 55 (Sniper) - Pluk 51 (Sorc)=-
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
-=Human Torch 33 - Black Widow 35 - Cyclops 39 - Silver Surfer 46 =-
DIABLO3:
-=Paadm 70 (P208) Wizard - Paam 70 (P208) Barbarian - PadmOne 70 (P208) Monk - Padmoon 70 (P208) Demon Hunter - PadCrus 70 (P208) Crusader =-

Offline Berry

• Pie Mistress
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • You're never alone with a rubber duck
    • Tales of Arda
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 16 April, 2010, 07:02:05 am »
Welcome to the Shadows, Yma. I hope you'll enjoy it here!

Berry
Life is about loving and learning - and not taking yourself too seriously ~Berry

Offline Aduilas

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 16 April, 2010, 09:29:52 am »
Hi Yma and welcome to the Shadows..
- Aduilas

Steam: Lindn

Offline Achazia

• Songsmith of Xibalba
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/achazia74
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #11 on: 16 April, 2010, 10:10:17 am »
welcome!!

Playing both LOTRO and TSW at the moment.

Offline NixPix

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #12 on: 16 April, 2010, 02:43:12 pm »
Welcome Yma. Looking forward to grouping with you
Ingame characters: Main: Njalas (Burglar) - Alt (inactive atm): Eiruathien lv50 champion.

Offline Yma

• Noobler
    • http://www.cangelini.com
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #13 on: 29 April, 2010, 10:19:58 am »
So ...

Today is my last day of the trial, so it's time for a little balance. I   hope it's not too early (technically 14 days should be round midnight,   but I'm using today weekly game downtime to write this ...), but if it's   a problem then just read this tomorrow

Thanks to an exceptional (I hope) combination of both light work   schedule and bad weather on weekends (yes, it's Italy here, but the very   north side of it and if no one told you before, we have central europe   weather ), I had the rare chance of playing a lot, and a lot of time   with many of you - I should probably write some thanks one by one to   those, many, of you that grouped with me and helped me in going thru a   lot of noobishness in what was my first month in lotro, but I'd write a   text wall and surely forget something or someone ... so I give up even   before starting it, and just thank you all.

In these days we went thru (I believe) four instances for lots of glory   and fun, you helped me in my L50 class quest and in other tricky   content. I witnessed you creating your own evenings, there are some   natural leaders in your chat channel that are very active, and there's   enough maturity in the kinship that let them do their dirty organisation   work with a light heart and just for fun. Sure, most of that is for the   high levels, but in a more than two years old game that's expected. If   the plan was to test kinship involvement in game or willingness to group   I think you passed it in fully glory

The chat has been remarkably interesting. There's just the right amount   of babble, no endless moaning and whining, no negative streams, no   rolenazis and no l33tish wars - it's natural and expected that sometimes   anything of that happens as we all need to steam from time to time, but   it's ugly and bad when you constantly swim in a chat full of dread and   gloom. And no sms talk abuse, that for a non english native like me   striving to perfect his languages knowledge is always a punch in the   liver. Again, that would be another passed test - but I really wasn't   there to test, rather just to see if we could get along with each other   nicely, and as for my side that's confirmed, as it's basically all I was   interested in.

I'm not going to start a long and boring tirade to tell how good we are   together and promise eternal devotion, it would be silly and useless as   we had time to judge ourselves in game, where all can be verified rather   than just read, and oaths are a serious matter that requires way more   time. Hence,  based on what you've seen so far in game, as per your   rules I'm requesting sponsorship.

I reckon it takes 6 moths old minimum members and no officers for this, I   have no idea who in Shadows falls in this category so I'm not going to   lobby them or anything political, just speak your heart out even if you   can't or don't sponsor, and if you want to sponsor, do it on your own   sincere judgement.

Offline Lithia

• Mrs. ZombieB
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #14 on: 29 April, 2010, 10:33:32 am »
I am an officer, and therefore can't sponsor you Yma, but I still would like to take the opportunity and say I really hope you get your sponsors  You've been active, both in grouping up with people and in Kinchat, and I had a lot of fun on our latest Urugarth run. I think you will make a great addition in our Kin, and wish you luck with getting the sponsors needed
« Last Edit: 29 April, 2010, 10:34:10 am by lithia »

LOTRO: Lithia (81 Hunter pew pew) / various alts at all levels

No, I do not have a playernote on Lithia, and may I quote myself: Neverr!!!

Offline daimon

• Lumberjack & Paranoid Sling Swinger
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
  • Milkaway
    • http://www.facebook.com/sami.kulmala
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #15 on: 29 April, 2010, 11:18:57 am »
As Lithium says

Offline Berry

• Pie Mistress
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • You're never alone with a rubber duck
    • Tales of Arda
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #16 on: 29 April, 2010, 12:30:12 pm »
Hey Yma! I haven't been online enough to group with you, so rules say I can't sponsor, but as the others, I really hope you get sponsors since I think you're a great addition to the kin, very active, great humor and nice company.

Berry
Life is about loving and learning - and not taking yourself too seriously ~Berry

Offline Tingilinde

• Noobler
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #17 on: 29 April, 2010, 12:49:35 pm »
I'd so totally sponsor you Yma  As I said before in kinchat you are one of better guardians I've seen (Natural Talent as a dwarf? ) and always funny to talk with  In kinship or any other chat  I hope you will get enough sponsors but am sure it won't be a problem

Offline ZombieB

• Administrator
  • Addict
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #18 on: 29 April, 2010, 06:10:21 pm »
Sorted - welcome in Yma

For the record - it says you need to play with the person - doesn't necessarily need to be in the group - the point of the rule is to prevent people from sponsoring people they haven't even talked to.

If you've played/talked to the person to an extent where you feel you can judge whether or not they would fit in, then that is enough.

The recruitment rules are being revised at the moment as they need a bit of work

Also known as Bullborn.
The cake is real, but there is no spoon.
"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential" - Winston Churchill

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
LoTRO - Recruit
« Reply #19 on: 29 April, 2010, 07:58:22 pm »
Doesnt it also count for at least one vote that most Officers would have voted if they didnt have that position? (1 true vote for 3 Officer votes  )

SWTOR:
-=Paad'm 65 (BH Merc) - Paam'd 55 (Sniper) - Pluk 51 (Sorc)=-
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
-=Human Torch 33 - Black Widow 35 - Cyclops 39 - Silver Surfer 46 =-
DIABLO3:
-=Paadm 70 (P208) Wizard - Paam 70 (P208) Barbarian - PadmOne 70 (P208) Monk - Padmoon 70 (P208) Demon Hunter - PadCrus 70 (P208) Crusader =-