May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: [WoW Application]Skybaka - Holy paladin  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Skybaka

• Lurker
[WoW Application]Skybaka - Holy paladin
« on: 21 December, 2011, 02:20:53 pm »
Hey there MoX!

After speaking with Sagiv I decided to throw in an application to you guys. :)

Before we get to the "good stuff", I'll tell you a little bit about myself.
My name is Christian and I'm 19 year old and live in Denmark.
I'm currently undergoing an education as an IT-Supporter, which is an admission requirement for my future education as "Academy Profession (AP) Degree in Computer Science" which would be the proper english term.

I spend a lot of my time on the computer and with my girlfriend, who I'm planning to move in with early next year at new my apartment which I've just recently bought.

As a person I love improving - whether be it ingame, a programming language, or how to drink beer faster. Everything is something I love, because I know that the better you get at things, the faster you can get it done (and most likely more proper as well). So critism is something I take with a smile (if constructive, of course).

Other than WoW, I tend to play a lot of Heroes of Newerth (For those who doesn't know, it's "a version" of Dota, and better than LoL :D )

Now for the good stuff in the app, the actual WoW part!

My characters (of which I'm applying with) name is Skybaka, located on Grim Batol, and the armory link is here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Skybaka/advanced

I have Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting as professions. Mainly because they give me the best raw intelligence I can get, while still being able to use it as a moneymaker (something I also enjoy - playing the AH!)
I usually play WoW a few hours a day, it really depends on what I "need to do", what I have done, and the mood I'm in.
First time wedensday (unless raiding) is clearing LFR with all my characters, which includes my paladin, a enha/resto shaman, and a fire mage. This I do not only so it's over with, but also to learn new aspects of the fight I may not have noticed earlier (for example difference between dps, range dps, and healing - haven't gotten into tanking DS yet)

I've used Mumble, Teamspeak, Raidcall, as well as Ventrilo over the past years of raiding, and everything is installed and ready to use at the moment.
As for addons, I use X-perl as my raiding UI, and I have Omen, Recount, DBM, and healbot (for healing on my shaman primarily) installed and active as well.

I have enough gold to provide own food and flasks, and always do so. I never come to a raid unprepared. :)
I can attend the days I need to, however my preferred days is monday, wedensday, and thursday. However, it doesn't matter THAT much, as I can adapt. :)
I've not been in any guilds (raiding) in cataclysm at all - In WotLK I've been in Guildless, who later merged into Paranormal, raiding ICC 25 HC. I left due to no time (becuase of school)
I've cleared BH 10/25, BoT 10, BWD 10, 6/7 Firelands normal (no guild, and pugs = MEGA ACHIEVE REQ), and 4/8 dragon soul on normal. Have, unsuccessfully, tried to pug up to Deathwing, but to no avail.
As of writing this app I'm trying as hard as I can to find a pug(or make one), so I hope you will look through with that I don't have any "achievements" :)

I've built a primary raiding spec, with a chance of not using holy power on Word of Glory, mainly because HP is always good to have as much of as possible for quick, high heals. After every patch where I can see something related to healing or specs or glyphs have changed, I doublecheck everything to make sure I have the best spec and glyphs to the situations I will encounter in raids.
As for my gear - I have the best gear available for me, without spending tenthousands of gold more than I already have. I gem my BiS items with epic gems, and enchants and gems is always up to date when possible. I'm not really happy with my trinkets, but I haven't found any suitable replacement as of yet (WTB Jaws of Defeat HC...), but am hoping to do so as soon as opportunity presents. I considered buying a VP trinket, but the massive spirit gain (I already have a lot) or spellpower/haste isn't that good that I should replace what I currently have.
Incase I forgot to mention, my offspec is Retribution, but will, possibly, be changed to protection when I've leveled my druid. :)   
I've not raided with anyone MoX afaik, so I don't know anyone who might vouch for me, but I've talked somewhat a lot recently with Backalive and Sagiv, they know I'm awesome ;) I want to join MoX because I personally like multi-gaming clans, and I want to begin raiding properly with a guild again (Been missing that since WotLK..) and hope to expand my knowledge of every encounter as well as classes.

As for goals, I haven't really got any. I want to excel in what I do, whether it be healing, tanking, DPS'ing, or earning gold. I love playing the AH and I spend a lot of time daily doing it, and getting goldcap is one of my primary achievements I strive for in the game at the moment.Never been much for transmog, mounts, pets, whatever.. XD

I agree with MoX rules, understand them, and will abide by them. I don't really have any other information other than that I hope you will accept me as a trial holy paladin!

Cheers to everyone!
« Last Edit: 21 December, 2011, 02:34:51 pm by Skybaka »

Offline Poochi

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
  • Getting carried since FL
Re: [WoW Application]Skybaka - Holy paladin
« Reply #1 on: 21 December, 2011, 03:51:29 pm »
Logged out in dps gear, but spec and glyphs in holy looks good, I myself would put one point in blessed life seeing as you will most likely during any encounter take " direct damage "   and yeah if I recall you seem to be okay statwise and reforged correctly. I will need you to log out in holy gear tho so that I can actually check the actual statting of yours.

Other than that he seems an awesome guy, been talking to him a lot in whispers! I will come back with an answer after I've talked with the other officers.

Big thanks to i4ni @ mmo-champion.com

Offline Skybaka

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: 21 December, 2011, 04:02:23 pm »
Logged out in healing gear now! :)

Offline Kletsnat

• Diplomatic Envoy for peace in WoW
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • Artifex
« Reply #3 on: 21 December, 2011, 05:58:25 pm »
Looks like you answered all the questions in our app form and after talking with Backalive we're happy to give you a Raider trial!

Trial started: 2011/12/21

Good luck!
Guildmaster of Artifex
Klets - Zipora - Segev - Sagiv

binomial-cheese