April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: =p hail to thee, MoX, from the times of uo... =p  (Read 4943 times)

SlyRubies

=p hail to thee, MoX, from the times of uo... =p
« on: 03 August, 2008, 09:43:01 pm »
What can I say, it was you, MoX, those many years ago, that persuaded me to have a go at organised pvp in preparation for coming factions.  We formed up a chaos guild and went about our business getting completely smashed, pk'd and gank'd to smitherines... hehe.

But after a lot of death and losing a lot of gear, we eventually started to fight back.  Learning, improving, getting more organised.  Then came factions and it all went on from there.  Eventually MoX became one of the best pvp guilds on europa, attracting renowned players from all around.

Well as you know I went my own way staying loyal to the Shadowlords even after MoX went to CoM and then who knows... many different games I imagine.

We ended up playing the same games though.  PS, AoC for example.  I made a VS toon on Werner right from the start (SlyX2).  I helped shape The Phantom Commandos, who were in the early days one of the largest VS outfits.  Not sure when MoX appeared in PS but I saw you on the battlefield more than once doing some gen holds and the like.

Anyways I noticed today that you were now also on Gemini, and of course so are we, but wait for it, as TR (yes we got bored with VS and wanted a change!).  I'm in one of your squads now talking to Dar.  Not the Dar I knew apparantly, but he said that some of the old MoX from uo are still active here so I'm hoping maybe some of you will remember that far back =p.

It is indeed a tribute to the success of the guild that MoX is still going strong now.  What a great looking site you have too.  Really guys, well done!

Anyways perhaps now we are on the same server and empire we may be able to team up some time.

Our guys are currently all doing their BFR imprints (the reason I left PS for a couple of years...) and air cav, so we may be doing some vehicle convoy action events from time to time if you fancied it.  Either way, hail from an old... friend, of course!

PS: I now have a son, a little over two weeks old:

Alexander =p

Take care MoX,

Sly Rubies (SlyX2, Iced, Iced-E on Gemini/TR)
(aka David Campbell)

Offline Darumar

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: 03 August, 2008, 10:26:29 pm »
Hey Mate,

Glad you joined the squad today and guess it was a bit of a coincidence that we met. And no I'm not The Dar, although have been mistaken for it a few times  But as you see MoX is still going strong. Hope some of the old UO'ers show up and say hello in this thread, personally I wasn't there at the time. If you like what you see and need some people to hang out with, always remember: Once a MoXie, always a MoXie - See you on the battlefield.

/D

Offline Missy

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #2 on: 04 August, 2008, 10:22:51 am »
Hey Sly, i remember you, you had the tamer peace uss sanct? as well as sly rubies(lumberjack?)?

well theres a few UO players left in MoX, mainly doomweaverAKAMM(magicalmayhem), Norn(IronPaul) and of course Zarr!(Jayne Zar!)

well  i dont play PS anymore but im sure theres a few who do, who can get back to you!

Take care Sly

Missy

SlyRubies

« Reply #3 on: 04 August, 2008, 02:30:55 pm »
Missy well remembered! Peace Uus Sanct, you know I'd actually forgotten about her! lol, thanks for reminding me.

I remember those guys.  Would be great if they still around.

Shame I'm not on your server for AoC, I have a lvl 80 priest.  Maybe they will allow us to move servers at some point.  

=p

Offline Missy

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #4 on: 04 August, 2008, 02:53:03 pm »
haha well ur missing out cos our old enemies DDI with hachet harry are on our server

SlyRubies

« Reply #5 on: 04 August, 2008, 03:41:23 pm »
arf what a shame! I'd surely like to kill them again =p

Offline Norn

• Regular
    • http://ourkidpauluk.bebo.com
« Reply #6 on: 04 August, 2008, 06:08:23 pm »
Remember ya well from the UO days Sly,  recruited you into the SL guild i ran at the time (UTF - Ultima Thule Factions), think ya had some hacking issues back then possibly being the most vocal/hated SL player   Played then as Tor Af Valhall and Paw, along with Norn Iron Paul..   Good to see you've some life kicking in

WoW - Cornholio(80,Druid), Hyloth (80, Priest), Norn (80, Hunter)
Semolina Pilchards, Climbing up the Eiffel Tower!

Offline DoomweaverakaMM

• Regular
« Reply #7 on: 05 August, 2008, 08:26:28 am »
Ello Sly, MM Here (Magical Mayhem) longtime no see   Now go get an age of conan box set and come play

SlyRubies

« Reply #8 on: 05 August, 2008, 04:28:32 pm »
Quote from: Norn
Remember ya well from the UO days Sly, recruited you into the SL guild i ran at the time (UTF - Ultima Thule Factions), think ya had some hacking issues back then possibly being the most vocal/hated SL player  Played then as Tor Af Valhall and Paw, along with Norn Iron Paul.. Good to see you've some life kicking in
Well there were few SL that stuck with it from the beginning like I did and I stuck with it even when membership hit all time lows.  I helped build it back up with EtherLords and that guild became it's backbone for a while.

There was a classic power struggle with both sides dealing blows below the belt.  I remember Minax were famed for their go to bed early, wake up early and take the sigils when nobody is online tactics.  I was famed for taking them back with 30 dragons when I was ready!

It got heated sure, some people took it real personal, but the rest of us just had a really great time with it, enjoying the epic power struggles that ensued.  

If you are talking about my accounts being hacked, they weren't, just some kids got hold of my login details and destroyed the characters, one with the character called Mephiston and his delinquent friends, as I remember.  

I decided to stay on with new purchased account a bit but to be honest the timing was probably about right for me to move on anyway.

My memories of uo are good.  I remember our first ventures in chaos/order fights in the dungeons and on the streets of Britannia.  I also remember the first really huge factions fights, epic battles.  A lot of fun!  The only thing that took it's toll was the 24 hour sigil guarding mechanism.  A very silly system designed to cause you lack of sleep by the devs.

I remember your guild  tho.  Is it still operational anywhere?

SlyRubies

« Reply #9 on: 06 August, 2008, 12:56:32 am »
Quote from: DoomweaverakaMM
Ello Sly, MM Here (Magical Mayhem) longtime no see  Now go get an age of conan box set and come play

Hey MM I got AoC but I made a toon on a different server.  I don't have the time to raise another one to lvl 80 I'm afraid =(

But if you ever come to Gemini, we got a TR outfit in full swing there now =p

Offline DoomweaverakaMM

• Regular
« Reply #10 on: 06 August, 2008, 08:25:33 am »
80 in 2 weeks  power levelling ftw

SlyRubies

« Reply #11 on: 07 August, 2008, 12:20:09 pm »
I'd imagine it would take a bit longer than that if you consider that I am working full time and have a two week old son.  Also it's a pvp server so I'd imagine there will be a fair amount of pk'ing/reskilling which will slow down the whole process a bit.