May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: [WoW Application] - Elfdalia  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Elfdalia

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
[WoW Application] - Elfdalia
« on: 07 January, 2012, 11:50:50 pm »
WoW Application - Elfdalia - Discipline Priest - Raider

About me:
  • Name: Roger
  • Other games: Currently waiting for Diablo 3, besides that none at the moment
  • Availability: I'm available all days from 19.00 to 00.00. Due to work I might not be available some days, but this is not on a set schedule.
  • Additional info: At the moment I'm working as a IT Consultant, and I use my spare time playing guitar and socialize when possible. Besides that I play WoW quite a bit as you might expect from just reading this application and I also do some target shooting.

About my character:
  • Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Elfdalia/advanced
  • Name: Elfdalia
  • Level: 85
  • Class: Priest
  • Spec: Disipline
  • Offspec: Holy/Shadow/Disc PVP
  • Proffessions: Alchemy and Jewelcrafting
  • Server: Grim Batol
  • Reason for playing it: I find the priest and disc spec to be most suitable and fun healing spec for most encounters. Also it suits me quite well, combining spot and raid healing in a way I can utilize its abilities in ways I could only dream of when I play other classes.

Other Characters:
  • Moogrinder - 85 - Warrior (Arms/Prot)
  • Nesar - 85 Druid (All specs)
  • Nampeyo - 85 - Mage (All specs)
  • Elìgent - 85 - Death Knight (Blood)
  • Peavey - 85 - Hunter (MM/SV)
  • Alexandrie - 82 - Paladin (All specs)

History:
I started playing WoW in the end of TBC. When I reached 80 on my Druid at the beginning of WOTLK I started raiding as restoration. After switching between various guild as well as leading my own for most of the time during Naxxramas, the officers and myself decided to merge with Cuddle Vendor. I stayed there as a officer until shorty before the release of cataclysm. The reason for leaving was internal disputes on how the guild should been run. Since that I have mostly been in guilds with either locals or other friends. Among these The Varangians (Grim Batol) and Vendetta (Kazzak) where I started to play my priest as the main character.

Experience:
Except a few heroic encounters I have cleared all content in WOTLK. As for cataclysm I have cleared everything but Deathwing on normal, and Halfus on heroic along with alts from Pwnansa (Kazzak).

Addons:
  • Grid
  • GridStatusRaidDebuff
  • oUF
  • BigWigs
  • Dominos
  • DominosBufftimes
  • OmniCC
  • Omen
  • Recount
  • TidyPlates
  • tullaRange
  • coolLine
  • SatrinaBuffFrames
  • Some other non essential to raiding

Communication:
I'm familiar with Ventrilo, but have also used TeamSpeak and Mumble in the past. Due to a recent SSD upgrade none is yet installed, however this will not be a issue. As for languages I know norwegian, english and german to some extent. I also understand other scandinavian languages.

Willingness to change spec/character:
If needed I'm willing to play other specs or characters for a certain encounter. However I do not wish to change from playing my priest as discipline on a steady basis.

Gear:
So far I'm quite pleased with the gear I have. I believe its sufficient for the progress you have already had, and quite possibly more as well. As for upgrades I'm primarily after the tier chest for the 4 set bonus and trinkets with a higher int value. Besides that I believe most items would only be a minor upgrade, unless the current 378 items is swapped with heroic items. On a side note though I don't believe that gear is a essential part of success. Usually it only allows for more slack since the encounters always can be done with gear of lower tier then what drops from the specific boss.

Reason for wanting to join MoX:
After and unsuccessful attempt of trying to get back to playing with the old friends in Cuddle Vendor I ran into Bandoh in a BH raid. I noticed he was in the guild and I had previously considered applying. Some words were spoken and I felt that it was worth a shot. You could say it makes it a bit of a spontaneous application, but I believe you have the same dedication as I have and that we might just work well together. I haven't asked him if he is willing to vouch for me, but as far as I know he would be the only one I know in the guild who could.

What kind of guild I am after:
Primarily I'm after a guild where the social aspect is taken seriously and also can facilitate  for decent progress raid wise. Having active PVP players is also a plus should I wish to take this part of the game seriously once more. Another important thing is that the guild should be able to understand that sometimes real life matters like work and family have to come first.

Personal goals:
There is only one reason why I play this game, and its because its fun. And I don't just think of sitting there pressing your buttons and eventually killing something so you might get a drop. The real fun is to actually play with other people and being able to work together to always improve and get further. Since I haven't had that feeling much lately I wish to achieve it again so I can bring the real joy back into the game.

Offline Bandoh

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
Re: [WoW Application] - Elfdalia
« Reply #1 on: 08 January, 2012, 12:09:32 am »
Well neednt say more i will ofcourse vouch for him he is a excelent raider and very fast learner.

Really would be an asset to the guild
There is no spoon. Cant eat ice cream now can you :O

Offline Poochi

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
  • Getting carried since FL
« Reply #2 on: 08 January, 2012, 01:09:27 am »
Hello Roger. Thank you for applying to <MoX>

I would say that the apply looks good. And your priest looks good, statwise, specwise and glyphwise (except for the glyph of fade which actually doesnt make much sense to me) the only drawback is that you dont have 8/8 normal yet,  even tho the fight isnt really much off a difference, only damagewise.

I'll have a talk with the other officers and come back to you tomorrow.

-Backalive

Big thanks to i4ni @ mmo-champion.com

Offline Elfdalia

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #3 on: 08 January, 2012, 01:17:51 am »
Hmm, didn't even know I had the fade glyph. Might be a UI bug of some kind when I specced shadow, had some issues with that before. Swapping to PoM when I get online. Thanks for the heads up.

As for Deathwing normal I have done a few attempts on him with Salvation, but had some issues on the last platform so he didn't go down. We did however get into the last phase at some point, but not with the mana/cooldowns needed.
« Last Edit: 08 January, 2012, 01:20:56 am by Elfdalia »

Offline Vuig

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
  • What are your remote access settings?
« Reply #4 on: 08 January, 2012, 01:29:27 am »
Roger,

Firts off all I would like to let you know that I agree with Slackalive above here.
Stats and all the other blabla looks ok :)

But your lack of spirit / combat MP5 conscerns me.... Think u might run low to empty on some fights.
(tip of the week: Valor point belt + spirit :D )

Otherwise it looks like descent healer, bit behind on progress but gear is up for it!

Regardz,

//Imgreenomg
« Last Edit: 08 January, 2012, 01:31:15 am by Vuig »
Bloodleåf - Death Knight - lvl 90 - Engineering Blacksmith Both Maxed
Draak - Druid - lvl 89 - Herbing Scrybe Both Maxed
Imgreenomg - Shaman - lvl 85 - Poisonpotmaker Maxed

Offline Ramsay

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #5 on: 08 January, 2012, 01:56:09 am »
Varangians gone to shit? Cashew here hi hello!
"Major kudos to those who still play healers, your ability to deal with the changes is truly amazing. I wish there were more of you but there is not, and we are all suffering because of it"

Offline Dakilla

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #6 on: 08 January, 2012, 09:10:20 am »
Disc priest don't need more than 2.8k spirit because of specc specific mana regen.

Offline Elfdalia

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #7 on: 08 January, 2012, 12:21:24 pm »
Hey Cashew, the guild is doing fine I suppose, we just came to a agreement that they would manage without me after some misunderstandings before christmas. I believe we got it sorted out during christmas, though we were all drunk so I don't know :P

As for the spirit, I believe I have made the right choices so far with how much I can sacrifice for the sake of int, mastery and procs. As well as the VP gear priority. I had a more detailed description in mind, but I suppose Dakilla summed it up in a way most people can understand it.

Offline Poochi

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #8 on: 08 January, 2012, 04:42:00 pm »
Hello again roger. We've decided to accept you as a raider trial. poke me ingame for an explaination of your trial period and an invite. Oh yea, and the character I'm usually on is Backalive.
« Last Edit: 08 January, 2012, 05:28:09 pm by Poochi »

Offline Poochi

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #9 on: 08 January, 2012, 05:58:55 pm »
Trial started 08/1-2012

binomial-cheese