March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Microphone help  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Blyker

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
Microphone help
« on: 17 May, 2008, 02:58:32 pm »
Anyone know a simple way to test if your mic is working? I got creative x-fi, and i got plugs at the front of my pc but if i plug it in there and looks as if my headphone isnt recognised. I got vista 64 ultimate btw.
In the best possible future, there will be
no war, no famine, no crime,
no sickness, no oppression,
no fear, no limits, no shame...
...and nothing to do.

Offline Farrow

• Administrator
  • Addict
Microphone help
« Reply #1 on: 17 May, 2008, 05:44:56 pm »
Who built your PC? If it was you, did you remember to connect those front bits to your mobo?

Only ways to test are to unmute your mic in the sound settings (so it comes out your speakers as you talk), open soundrecorder, or use the TS test-codec feature.
I don't care who you are. When it comes to flying a Galaxy - better you than Ryu.

Offline Blyker

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
Microphone help
« Reply #2 on: 17 May, 2008, 06:55:19 pm »
Quote from: Farrow
Who built your PC? If it was you, did you remember to connect those front bits to your mobo?

Only ways to test are to unmute your mic in the sound settings (so it comes out your speakers as you talk), open soundrecorder, or use the TS test-codec feature.

got built in the store. I can listen from the front panel no problem. Only thing weird is then when i select the dim speakers when headphone is plugged in is that the speakers play when the headphone is plugged in and dim when i disconnect it. Ill try the other things you said after i start with aoc
In the best possible future, there will be
no war, no famine, no crime,
no sickness, no oppression,
no fear, no limits, no shame...
...and nothing to do.

burty

Microphone help
« Reply #3 on: 09 July, 2008, 11:34:23 am »
Quote from: Blyker
got built in the store. I can listen from the front panel no problem. Only thing weird is then when i select the dim speakers when headphone is plugged in is that the speakers play when the headphone is plugged in and dim when i disconnect it. Ill try the other things you said after i start with aoc
Vista 64 bit is not a good idea.they need to resolve a lot of issues with 64 bit at the moment .I would get vista 32 bit and use that until vista 64 has more support.

Offline Plastix

• Plastix Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Proud MoXie since 2003!
Microphone help
« Reply #4 on: 23 July, 2008, 10:35:01 am »
Rubbish, 64bit Ultimate works fine for me.  Not had a single problem with it.  You'll only have issues with really old hardware where they have stopped making drivers.  Never had a problem find a 64bit driver for any of the bits n bobs plugged into my PC.

Anyway, back on subject.    Check the setting of your soundblaster software, I have my PC setup that if I plug in my headphones on the front the socket at the back turns off, to stop sound coming from the speakers at the same time.  But I can choose for sound to come out both, or choose to have the sound card handle them both seperatly and allow different sound to come out of eaither.   i.e. TS on front panel and AoC from back panel.

Maybe you have a funky setup like above that is causing problems/confusion?

"Where the wind of the argument leads there we must follow without fear"   -    XboxTag = Plastix 3000
Winner - The Most Fanciable MoXie Award - MMX 2008

Offline SapperGB

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • http://
Microphone help
« Reply #5 on: 10 February, 2009, 07:59:31 pm »
removed due to answering totally wrong issue lol

« Last Edit: 10 February, 2009, 08:00:47 pm by SapperGB »

Offline Farrow

• Administrator
  • Addict
Microphone help
« Reply #6 on: 10 February, 2009, 09:13:22 pm »
Quote from: SapperGB
removed due to answering totally wrong issue lol

And you'd only have been about 8 months late.
I don't care who you are. When it comes to flying a Galaxy - better you than Ryu.