Public > Event Requests

Request by Harperella for playing on WeatherStock

(1/7) > >>

Padme:
Hey Shades,

Via de Codemasters forum i got a request for the Shades to play on the yearly WeatherStock event. He asked me if the right representative of the Shades could contact him. Here is the request:

I am trying to contact a representative of the Shades to participate in Weatherstock 2011 on the US servers. Could you have the appropriate member send me an email at harperelle at gmail dot com?

--Harp

Also he made a post on the forums asking bands to contact them (remember he is ASKING the Shades :P )

Weatherstock, the largest concert in all Middle Earth will be happening on the US server Landroval on Jun 18th. I'm looking for any EU bands who would like to participate. If you would, then reply to the Weatherstock-2011-Official-Band-Signup thread on Landroval forums, or send me a PM here.

Sadly, I cannot put links or images in this post to the important pages. A quick google search of "Weatherstock LOTRO" will net you lots of information, including coverage by Massively, Turbine, and the BBC.

--Harperella

Joxer:
Oh sounds really interesting.  I might have made Kosei on the US servers already (can't tell you which off the top of my head), but am happy to make another if needed.

Only slight hitch is I guess I'll have to re-download the US client for this PC, but I can do that near to the end of my May bandwidth reset (4th June) in time for the gig, if it's decided we will play.

Joxer:

--- Quote from: Padme on 08 May, 2011, 10:30:37 pm ---and the BBC.

--- End quote ---

BBC, as in 'THE' BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation?)  Surely not :O

EDIT:

Seem so.  An entry in the BBC Tech News Blog from last year (4th bullet-point):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/seealso/2010/06/tech_brief_26.html

Trisbor:
Hiya, just a small note on this:

--- Quote from: Joxer on 08 May, 2011, 11:09:27 pm ---Only slight hitch is I guess I'll have to re-download the US client for this PC, but I can do that near to the end of my May bandwidth reset (4th June) in time for the gig, if it's decided we will play.

--- End quote ---

We are all going to use the same client after the 1st of June, once Turbine has taken over all the EU players from Codemasters. All EU servers will remain as they are (same server names), but they will be physically located in the US, and we will all be using the same game client. Thus making characters on Landroval will be as easy as it is for us to make a new character on for example Eldar right now.

If the transition goes according to plan, we should be up and running not too long after the 1st of June (Codies have announced that there will be some downtime, but so far they have not given more details).

Achazia:
Well.
I have sort of taken a high priority to work on my RL songs-- But I guess one night with this does not hurt.. Would be interesting to have a look atleast..

Can people sign up if interessed? and then I can send Harperella a request.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version