May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: MoX planetside 2 Application  (Read 6316 times)

Offline VictorSide

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
MoX planetside 2 Application
« on: 30 October, 2013, 04:04:46 pm »
Name: Daniel Black
What other games apart from Planetside 2 do you play?: Along the lines of games MoX sponsors, none (to my knowledge). The temptation of proper Teamplay makes me interested in League of Legends, but standard MMO games don't peak my interest.
A bit about yourself: I'm cynical, I'm not too fond of my job, and i feel older than i should at my age.
Character name: VictorSide
Main class: Combat Medic
Battlerank: 10 as of writing.
What are you mainly certing into (main class, vehicle, leadership etc.)?: Primary Medic, Secondary's Heavy and Engineer for those times. Sunderer > Flash > Flavor of the Day. Beacon and Command Channel, almost certainly at the same time. Finally, a cheap Shotgun, AA Lock-On, and then an S-Variant gun most likely for Engineer.
How often do you play Planetside 2 (typical weekly playtime and which hours)?: Weekdays i can put a couple hours in each day, weekends i consider my respite from everything stressful, so I'll be mostly on request, with exception to operation times. My hours have been sporadic but i have the night shift as of 2 weeks ago and i plan to keep it (the argument wasn't i wanted to play on an EU server, i swear).

MoX essentials

Do you have Teamspeak 3? (Voice communications is essential to our playstyle and it's Mandertory to play with us.)

Please also confirm you have read and agreed to the MoX Charter Found here: http://www.moxguild.com/index.php?page=page1464

Also by the end of your two week trail you Must have AMS and squad beacon 1 certifications

Confirmed on all accounts. Be advised, TS3 may require some level tweaking.

About you.
Have you been in another outfit on Miller? (Yes/No):
No

If so: Which one(s)? And why did you leave?: N/A (somewhat)

Note: This is not my first Planetside 2 character, however it is my first Miller Character. If you wish for further information, i will be glad to oblige either in this thread or Teamspeak.

IMPORTANT:

Why did you choose the class you are now playing as your main class?: In my experience, Combat Medics are just rare enough on the field, that everyone feels the pain of not having one around every day they play. Too deviate slightly from a direct answer, it's my feeling that a player should keep towards a "predictive" method, and avoid a solely "Reactive" method of play, this line of reason is why i chose the Main and Secondary's i listed.

Certification (ie what you have spents certs on what you plan for the future: Very little, my first hour was spent getting Heavy Assault up a tad, then the next was my Medic. After that was around the time i found the MoX squad, at which point i dumped everything i got into Medic. In regards to my plan, read above.

Do you know anyone in MoX who can vouch for you?: If anyone is going to, then Piratecat would have an opinion due to the time i was in his squad.

Why do you want to join MoX?: In short, MoX is what i want from PS2 (from my early impression of you folks). Early on i formed the opinion that this game both allows, and by the results supports teamplay on an almost paramilitary level, and i enjoy this fact greatly.

What type of guild are you looking for?: It's for this reason that my "taste in fellow players" (please forgive me) gravitates me towards groups of well organized players, well entrenched into their style.

What are your goals when playing Planetside 2, what do you want to achieve and how long do you plan to keep playing?: I don't have a plethora of free time, even less I'm willing to devote to just one game. But i come here looking to enjoy a coordinated and well fought battle, a good fight at least once a week, in a game i play exclusively for those fights.

If you can provide the experience i look for in this game, and if you think i can maintain the standards you wish to keep, then i gladly offer you my boots and my gun, for you to use however long i can provide them.

Additional Information: For easy access, have these.
https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428130184555414497/
http://www.planetside-universe.com/character-5428130184555414497.php
I'm not sure what else to put here, perhaps that personal Q&A session would help.

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Re: MoX planetside 2 Application
« Reply #1 on: 30 October, 2013, 04:21:29 pm »
A bit about yourself: I'm cynical, I'm not too fond of my job, and i feel older than i should at my age.

We are a bunch of cynical old farts, I think youl fit right in :) Nice to see another Medic about last night, epecially with PC no longer being trusted. Its peanut releted and we will fill you in on that. The only answer is peanuts, always peanuts!!

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

Offline Squishling

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #2 on: 30 October, 2013, 04:40:57 pm »
Welcome aboard mate. I hope you will find yourself at home.
Look forward to play PS2 with you.

/squish

(click to show/hide)

Offline Pirate Cat

• 02. Captain
  • Regular
    • AJT Images
« Reply #3 on: 30 October, 2013, 05:43:28 pm »
Was good having you on board last night, dont worry about the peanuts!

Offline Kalendric

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • Vote Kal for President 3013!
« Reply #4 on: 01 November, 2013, 12:15:44 am »
Always worry about the peanuts.

Damn fine app though. 

Offline VictorSide

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #5 on: 01 November, 2013, 12:45:16 am »
Thanks everyone, and my belief is that unsalted peanuts are an abomination of the Earth, but salted peanuts are a food worthy of the gods.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 01 November, 2013, 02:55:39 pm »
Hey Victor, I'll backdate the start of your trial to 29th October. The trial lasts 2 weeks, so try to be active and join us when possible. At the end of the 2 weeks you need to post requesting 3 sponsors from our existing members.

Good luck, and see you in game.

Offline Kletsnat

• Diplomatic Envoy for peace in WoW
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • Artifex
« Reply #7 on: 01 November, 2013, 04:04:03 pm »
Was good having you on board last night, dont worry about the peanuts!

PIE FOR LIFE!
Guildmaster of Artifex
Klets - Zipora - Segev - Sagiv

Offline VictorSide

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #8 on: 13 November, 2013, 12:23:46 am »
My two weeks are officially up, may i ask if anyone is willing to sponsor one such as myself?

Side tangent: An excerpt from the most recent patch notes "Enemy vehicles will no longer show an occupancy count" permission to say oh cock.

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #9 on: 13 November, 2013, 08:20:24 am »
A really good guy. Gets my vote /sponsor :)

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

Offline ZombieB

• Administrator
  • Addict
« Reply #10 on: 13 November, 2013, 09:22:27 am »
A nice guy who has to revive me more often than I want to admit :P /sponsor.

Also known as Bullborn.
The cake is real, but there is no spoon.
"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential" - Winston Churchill

Offline Pirate Cat

• 02. Captain
  • Regular
    • AJT Images
« Reply #11 on: 13 November, 2013, 03:49:33 pm »
ditto the above /sponsor

Offline ZombieB

• Administrator
  • Addict
« Reply #12 on: 13 November, 2013, 08:11:42 pm »
Access granted. Please leave your sanity at the door :)
Also known as Bullborn.
The cake is real, but there is no spoon.
"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential" - Winston Churchill

Offline VictorSide

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #13 on: 13 November, 2013, 10:28:26 pm »
I take offense at the very idea of myself ever having sanity.