April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: MoX Planetside 2 Application  (Read 5696 times)

Offline Playing Judas

• Lurker
MoX Planetside 2 Application
« on: 17 February, 2014, 09:13:50 pm »
Name: Phil
What other games apart from Planetside 2 do you play?: RO2/Rising Storm, Arma 2/3, Natural Selection 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Chivalry, Mass Effect, Battlefield 4 (the list goes on)
A bit about yourself: I've been a fan of competitive shooters since being a kid, namely the Halo series. I also dig sci-fi so Planetside is my jam! Have played drums since a young age and love anything to do with music also, currently working as a sales rep for a pharmaceutical company but generally have evenings and weekends freed up for gaming.
Character name: TheHatTrick
Main class: Infiltrator (sniper), medic
Battlerank: 9
What are you mainly certing into (main class, vehicle, leadership etc.)?: Gearing up the classes above
How often do you play Planetside 2 (typical weekly playtime and which hours)?: Have played on and off in the past though of recent perhaps 2-5 hours a week

MoX essentials

Do you have Teamspeak 3?: Affirmative

Please also confirm you have read and agreed to the MoX Charter: All good with me

About you.
Have you been in another outfit on Miller?: Nope

IMPORTANT:

Why did you choose the class you are now playing as your main class?: I fancy myself a marksman and enjoy finding good positions to provide combat awareness to my team mates as well as cloaking and infiltrating enemy bases, as a medic I make it my business to support the front line with revives as well as other supporting tactics such as cover/draw fire. Always willing to take one for the team.

Certification (ie what you have spents certs on what you plan for the future: I plan to gear up Infiltrator and Medic before branching out onto vehicles, My favourite being the Liberator and the Harasser

Do you know anyone in MoX who can vouch for you?: Sadly not.

Why do you want to join MoX?: Me and a friend decided we wanted to play a bigger role in Planetside and work within a uniform of like minded people. We generally work as a pair and enjoy getting behind the enemy lines and causing some havoc so your recruitment post seemed to match perfectly to what we're looking for.

What type of guild are you looking for?: A group of mature people who enjoy tactical gameplay that can have a laugh also.

What are your goals when playing Planetside 2, what do you want to achieve and how long do you plan to keep playing?: I want to take part in organised operations and be involved in a community of sorts, hone my skills and climb the ladder.

Additional Information:
« Last Edit: 17 February, 2014, 09:39:32 pm by Playing Judas »

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
Re: MoX Planetside 2 Application
« Reply #1 on: 17 February, 2014, 11:53:33 pm »
Hey Judas, thanks for your interest in MoX

Please send a tell to Archy or PirateCat when your online and we can sort out an invite to the outfit.

Tuesdays is our normal Training night so we try out a few new things or go over a basic tactics and we normally kick things off around 19.30 GMT.  As your currently BR 9 I take it your either a new player to Planetside or have only recently started playing as TR on Miller?  In MoX we take pride in that we do stuff with our numbers that make a wider impact on the battle, be it by slowing down an larger enemy advance, or taking out vital targets such as Sunderers and generators.  We also from time to time work alongside other outfits on Miller in the Terran Republic Alliance Command or TRAC for short.  These include BMC, GOON, RNX, FU, OCB, BRTD and others.

We make considerable use of smoke in our tactics so I suggest making sure your preferred weapons have a IRNV scope available, and I also recommend the Flash suppressor to hide your muzzle flash in the smoke. 

Offline Playing Judas

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: 18 February, 2014, 12:53:03 am »
Hey Archangel,

I played a bit on Vanu when the game was released but my rig couldn't run it nice, I've been playing it again since the upgrade. Do I get in touch with someone on here tomorrow before 19.30 or can I jump on TS and speak to somebody? Would love to join in tomo if possible, how many people turn up on average?

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 18 February, 2014, 12:57:19 am »
If your online sometime around 19.30 both myself and Pirate will be online, just send a tell and we can get you invited and get you set up on TS.  Numbers for training nights are usually our full Alpha squad plus 2-3 extra members.  However Miller has been unstable now for the best part of a week and people are having problems logging on, so we will play it by ear :)

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 19 February, 2014, 08:04:31 am »
Hope you enjoyed your baptism of fire lastnight :D

Sorry I wasn't able to stay long after you joined but 6.30 am is not fun if I don't get some sleep.

Hope to catch you again soon.

Offline Pirate Cat

• 02. Captain
  • Regular
    • AJT Images
« Reply #5 on: 19 February, 2014, 09:21:33 am »
Sorry I wasn't able to stay long after you joined but 6.30 am is not fun if I don't get some sleep.

6:30?! Oh what I wouold give for such a luxurious lie in! The usual in the Pirate household now seems to be 5:15, or earlier on occasion.

We tend to finish at around 22:00 GMT or thereabouts.

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 19 February, 2014, 10:04:03 am »
Bah, when I were a lad, I used to have to get up to go work down the pit an hour before I went to bed!

Offline Playing Judas

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: 20 February, 2014, 07:36:59 pm »
Had a great time, didn't manage to get into TS as I was occupied on Skype sadly, would have loved to have got on for 7:30 too.. Was a blast though, loved the organisation between you guys it brought lots of cert points :D

Will be on a little later tonight, see you out in the field hopefully!

Offline Kalendric

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • Vote Kal for President 3013!
« Reply #8 on: 22 February, 2014, 06:19:12 am »
Bah, when I were a lad, I used to have to get up to go work down the pit an hour before I went to bed!

Was this before or after the Roman Occupation?