Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: MoX Planetside 2 Application - Bernd  (Read 7039 times)

Offline Bernd

• Lurker
MoX Planetside 2 Application - Bernd
« on: 04 July, 2014, 11:46:55 am »
Name: Bernd
What other games apart from Planetside 2 do you play?: Anything, really. Mostly strategy and FPS with non-linear gameplay.
A bit about yourself: I'm currently studying law (IT-Law specificly) and a little bit of philosophy (for fun). Being a student gives me a lot of free time and apart from doing fun things with friends I like to play videogames. I discovered PS2 more than a year ago and have been playing for most of that time now. I started on Vanu Cobalt and joined the biggest outfit there, where I quickly got the rank of squad leader and frequently led platoons.
Character name: CatchMyHead
Main class: Difficult one, depends on the situation. If I have to chose I'd go for medic.
Battlerank: 12 (Vanu character 78)
What are you mainly certing into (main class, vehicle, leadership etc.)?: The medic, in order to increase my cert gain. I'm still flexible though. And I really like the Mosquito, so I hope to put some certs into that.
How often do you play Planetside 2 (typical weekly playtime and which hours)?: As a student I don't have a recurring timetable, but I guess I play about 3-5 hours on a normal day, some days a little bit more and some days not at all. I try to be online in the evenings, but I'm part of a Student Association (?) and that takes an evening now and then. Apart from that, I'm online in most afternoons.

Do you have Teamspeak 3?
(Voice communications is essential to our playstyle and it's Mandertory to play with us.)
Yes.

Please also confirm you have read and agreed to the MoX Charter Found here: http://www.moxguild.com/index.php?page=page1464
Done.

Also by the end of your two week trail you Must have AMS and squad beacon 1 certifications
Done.

About you.
Have you been in another outfit on Miller? (Yes/No):
No, not on Miller.

If so: Which one(s)? And why did you leave?:

Why did you choose the class you are now playing as your main class?:
As stated above, I did not really choose a class. I could be assigned one, but on Cobalt I did everything when asked for. I'd go for medic because they're essential in defending a certain position or keeping a push going. In my experience, if you drop a squad with 3-4 medics they're able to hold a position countless of times better than without medics. But that's just my opinion.

Certification (ie what you have spents certs on what you plan for the future:
I spent some certs on de medic and the mossy. I just got AMS and Squad beacon. I do have auraxium membership, so I hope the increased experience gain will help me get more certs quickly.

Do you know anyone in MoX who can vouch for you?:
Not yet, I applied through the Outfit Recruitment added in last update.

Why do you want to join MoX?:
As said before I have been a long time member of Trident, the biggest vanu outfit on Cobalt. I had a great time there and got some experience in leading aswell as their tactical squads, but a big outfit is an uncontrollable one mostly. We got a zerg-reputation and I realised that I had the most fun when playing in a tactical squad, where teamwork is most important. They do not offer enough of that, and I wanted a change after all that spandex so I created a new character on a different server and, well, the TR seemed the more logical choice. I started looking in outfit recruitment and MoX looked perfect.

What type of guild are you looking for?:
I'm looking for a guild with friendly people with whom you can have nice conversations besides gaming, and a guild where I can contribute to a well-oiled tactical squad. (In one of those Tactical squads I joined we once dropped on a territory with 48+ enemies. We held the building for 4 minutes while they rushed in everywhere, and it was epic. These kinds of things is what I hope to be part of with MoX.

What are your goals when playing Planetside 2, what do you want to achieve and how long do you plan to keep playing?:
I mostly play planetside 2 for fun, and as I said in the previous question, I'd like to be part of an outfit which goes for teamplay above their own farming and certs. I plan to keep playing as long as I like the game, and my love for planetside 2 hasn't dwindled since I started.

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
Re: MoX Planetside 2 Application - Bernd
« Reply #1 on: 04 July, 2014, 01:31:27 pm »
Welcome to MoX Bernd.  Your weeks trial will start from today so do your best to be active during our prime time 7-10.30 pm uk time.

From the looks of your application you should fit right in.  Also tonight 4/7/14 we are leading a group of organised outfits in a battle on hossin against the organised outfits from the NC and VS so we hope to get some great fights.

Offline Loban

• 24. Planetside 2 Ingame Officer
  • Noobler
  • Role Model: Launchpad McQuack
« Reply #2 on: 04 July, 2014, 03:45:49 pm »
Welcome Bernd!

May I ask what your name was on VS Cobalt? My PS2 career started exactly the same way and I still play with TRID from time to time. (Psst don't tell the others....)

Greezz Loban

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 04 July, 2014, 04:32:06 pm »
Loban is to be executed with extreme prejudice at the earliest opportunity, preferably with C4

Offline Bernd

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: 04 July, 2014, 05:03:09 pm »
Thanks!

I understand, I'll try to be active in the evenings as much as I can. I am unable to join you tonight though, some friends are coming over to watch the France-Germany match, sorry. I hope to be online most of next week. My name on Cobalt is BurnieNL. What was/is yours?

Good luck tonight, I hope to be able to join you next time!

Offline Joclemen

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • This section isn't really long enough to do me jus
    • JC@FB
« Reply #5 on: 07 July, 2014, 05:19:25 pm »
Yes! More mozzie pilots! Welcome =)
MUFUGGIN MEOWCRITS, BLAP BLAP

Offline Loban

• 24. Planetside 2 Ingame Officer
  • Noobler
  • Role Model: Launchpad McQuack
« Reply #6 on: 07 July, 2014, 07:36:43 pm »
Thanks!

I understand, I'll try to be active in the evenings as much as I can. I am unable to join you tonight though, some friends are coming over to watch the France-Germany match, sorry. I hope to be online most of next week. My name on Cobalt is BurnieNL. What was/is yours?

Good luck tonight, I hope to be able to join you next time!

Killerloban, don't play too often though. Sent you a FR.

Offline Pirate Cat

• 02. Captain
  • Regular
    • AJT Images
« Reply #7 on: 13 August, 2014, 03:53:22 pm »
Alliance Op this Saturday 19:00pm UK time (I apologise for my lack of conversions) PLease let me know here if you are attending and preferred class.  We will also be running fireteams.

Offline Pirate Cat

• 02. Captain
  • Regular
    • AJT Images
« Reply #8 on: 14 August, 2014, 09:57:43 pm »
Writeup from Training night http://www.squadside.com/2014/08/14/745/