April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: The Silver Blades Announce The Great Race V  (Read 5132 times)

Reghar

The Silver Blades Announce The Great Race V
« on: 12 January, 2008, 04:03:00 pm »

The race starts at 8pm Server Time and is expected to take about 2 hours from muster through to prize giving.  
Obviously the set-up for this race will be in the form of a Raid with 23 potential Racers and myself presiding.  
As I said in the poster, I reveal the locations prior to the start so that everyone has a fair chance to plan a route - or not as the case may be  

300 silver pieces might seem like rather a high price to pay, but all of it will be going into prizes and this fee allows for more commensurate amounts to go into second and third prizes.

Any questions anybody has, please feel free to post here:
http://www.silverblades.34sp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8
or speak to myself or one of the other Silver Blades Officers in-game.  

For those of you who haven't participated in one of our Races before the rules are very simple and I believe everyone always comes away from it having had a great deal of fun, having placed or not.  

The rules, briefly outlined:

*Entry is on a first-come-first-served basis and all entrants must own a horse.  Anyone turning up on a stolen cow from the Shire will be reported to an appropriate Shiriff

* There is no set route to the finish, players may choose to attempt any short-cuts they might have found along the way.  

* You must remain on your horse/pony at all times.  There is to be no swimming, walking, running, porting, summoning, mapping or using some third party's horse or pony to speed up the trip (the taxi service)
If you are knocked off your horse you must remount at the earliest opportunity and continue.

* Deaths by falling, drowning, having your skull smashed in by an Orc or your entrails torn out by Wargs are counted as disqualifications.  

* D/Cs, while unfortunate and a pain in the arse, are counted as falls and thus are also disqualifications.

* The winner of the Great Race and 2nd and 3rd placers must register their arrival at the finish by 'bowing' to the Race Official (probably myself) who will be waiting there.  

I very much hope to see you there

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
« Reply #1 on: 12 January, 2008, 04:28:01 pm »
Looks like great fun, similar to our CoH Gumball.

If i had a character high enough, i would join up. But alas i leave it to better men.

Good luck with it, and im sure our other members will be highly interested.
Still alive (as of 31/10/2016)

Offline Wicked Mouse

• 03. Full Member
  • Addict
  • You haven't lived a day if you haven't laughed.
    • WickedMouse.com
« Reply #2 on: 13 January, 2008, 01:03:38 pm »
If I don't forget I'll come an look

Won MoX Meet Awards: BBQ Master MM4 2007; War Photographer MMX 2008; The David Beckham Award MM5 2009

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
« Reply #3 on: 13 January, 2008, 04:10:33 pm »
Oh and i forgot to say. That poster picture is amazing. Thats some great photoshop work.
Still alive (as of 31/10/2016)

Reghar

« Reply #4 on: 14 January, 2008, 12:53:03 am »
Hehe, thankyou for the complement and I hope some of your Kin find time to attend....

binomial-cheese