Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: [WoW Application] Tommee - Paladin  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Kletsnat

• Diplomatic Envoy for peace in WoW
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • Artifex
[WoW Application] Tommee - Paladin
« on: 23 March, 2011, 12:32:30 am »
About you:

Applications type (social/raider): Raider
 Name: Tom Vergeer
 What other games apart from WoW do you play? RIFT (occasionally)
 Tell us a bit about you:

I like to do sports, during summer time I like to go running, swimming, be out in the open. I like to explore new things; I think I could write an entire wish list with things I would like to do some day. This summer I will be going to Bordeaux, France. And hopefully I pick up some surfing skills while I’m down there  

Besides being active I also like to hang out with friends and drink a cooled beer, watch movies, listen to some good music (all kinds of genres really) and occasionally write a poem or a song.

About your character:

Character name: Tommee
 Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/haom...tommee/advanced
 Class: Paladin
 Level: 85
 Server (if applicable): Haomarush
 Professions: Mining 525, Jewelcrafting 519
 Played time: 98 days, 18 hours.
 How often do you play WoW (typical weekly playtime and which hours)? At least 20 hours a week, sometimes more. Depends on how busy I am with studying.
 What high level alts do you have? 83 Druid, 82 Death Knight. Rest is all below level 80.

Do you have TeamSpeak? (Voice communication is essential to our raiding, although it is not required to have a mic): Yes, including a well-working microphone.

List the relevant raiding add-ons you use: DBM, Recount, Omen3, Tidy Plates, IceHud, Inline Aura and CLCprot.

Availability:

Our Raid times are from 20:00 to 0:00 server time with invites starting at 19:30, are you able to be available for the whole duration?
 Thursday: Yes
 Sunday: Yes
 Monday: Yes

Guilds:
Have you been in another guild? Yes, 3 so far.

Which one(s)? And why did you leave?

• Semper Frateri (EU, Haomarush): I left because their standard was too      high and I didn't feel comfortable raiding with 24 people around me      expecting me to perform miracles.
  • Discipline (EU, Trollbane): I used to be one of the co-founders of      Discipline, but decided to put my study first and hand over the GM rank to      somebody else, besides that progress wasn't going as fast as I wanted it      to, so started to look for another raiding guild as well.
  • TGF (EU, Trollbane): I was a rookie back then, was given a chance in      their third 10man raiding group, but wanted to try my luck with pugs,      after that I wasn't given another chance at raiding with TGF anymore, so I      left and started organizing my own pug raids.

Experience:

WotLK 10 man:
1/1 Ruby Sanctum Normal (10 player)
11/12 Icecrown Citadel Heroic (10 player)
Glory of the Icecrown Raider

Cataclysm 10 man:
Normal modes
  5/6 Blackwing Descent
  3/4 Bastion of Twilight
  1/2 Throne of the Four Winds
  With best tries on Cho’gall down to 25% and several tries on Al’Akir down to 40%

Cataclysm 25 man:
Normal modes
1/6 Blackwing Descent
4/4 Bastion of Twilight
0/2 Throne of the Four Winds

Cataclysm 25 man:
Heroic modes
1/6 Blackwing Descent
1/4 Bastion of Twilight
0/2 Throne of the Four Winds
With best tries on Omnotron Defense System Heroic to 40% and several tries on Conclave of Wind Heroic down to the execution phase.

Character:

Why did you choose the class you are now playing and the professions you selected?

My paladin is the first character I ever created, when I first started playing it, I picked it because you can basically choose any role you like ( except for ranged dps), during WotLK I always played Retribution, which wasn't really that hard. But when Cataclysm came out, me and three or four guildies dinged 85 within 24 hours of the release, but no tank. So I decided to go tanking from then on and I've been doing that for over 4 months now. I must say I really like it.

When it comes to professions, both mining and Jewelcrafting come in handy to boost my stats a little, especially Jewelcrafting is handy, because I can use it not just for tanking, but also for my offspec.

Talent specialization:

Would you be willing to change your build for the guild?

Definitely, if you can think of anything that I could change to improve my gameplay, let me know!

Explain why you´re using the spec and glyphs you are, what other specs you have tried and why you came to the conclusion that this specs suits you the best:

The spec I am using now provides me with the best survivability there is, both for me (think of Eternal Glory, Pursuit of Justice) and the raid (think of Divine Guardian). A lot of the other talents are basically no-brainers. If there are any specific questions you would like to ask my, feel free to ask me.

Gear:
 Do you feel your character is sufficiently geared to compete in Cataclysm 10man raids?

Yes, definitely. I am almost full 359 geared, which basically means I could be tanking heroic raids already.

Where do you think your current equipment is lacking now?

Not much actually, I know there are some better 359 items I could get in raids, such as my sword and shield, to get rid of the hit rating I have on there. But overall I am satisfied with my gear. The only thing I still want to improve is my off spec, which is where I’m spending my Valor Points on at the moment.

Explain why you are using the equipment, gems and enchants you have now specifically if any items are what most would consider ‘non-standard’ for your spec:

All the enchants I have, are basically common sense. For gemming I try to gain all my socket bonuses, I try to balance stamina and mastery since they are my 2 most important stats. For reforging everything goes to mastery, for items that already have mastery on it, I will reforge useless stats to either dodge or parry.

Guild:
 Do you know anyone in MoX who can vouch for you?

I did talk to Xan, but have not yet played with any of you guys as far as I’m aware. But I sure hope to get to know you guys a lot better in the coming two weeks!

Why you want to join MoX, what type of guild you´re looking for, and what you´re looking for in a guild.

I and my brother, Szemere, are both looking for a guild that’s actively raiding, 3-4 nights a week; make some progress, but most of all have fun. We don’t want to get yelled at, but still want to keep improving ourselves to not only improve our own gameplay, but also help get the guild to a higher level. MoX seems to be that kind of guild, both social and serious raiding. We really hope to find a home with you guys!

What are your goals in wow, what do you want to achieve and how long do you plan to keep playing?
 Personally, I really hope to clear everything on Heroic before Firelands comes out. Then clear most of that content and after that we’ll see. I’ve never been much of a planner, but I will most definitely be playing WoW for at least another 6-12 months if not longer!

Additional Information:

Confirmation that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the MoX Charter: Yes

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your application or that you would like us to know? Nope, over and out!
« Last Edit: 23 March, 2011, 12:35:22 am by Kletsnat »
Guildmaster of Artifex
Klets - Zipora - Segev - Sagiv

Offline Ryu

• P.I.T.A.
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #1 on: 23 March, 2011, 09:14:40 am »
Niet nog een NLder..

I mean hello Mr SoakingWet and welcome to our forum of wonders, you probably already spoke to Xan who mentioned that I am currently THE tank. However.. I am sure we can make a exception. We will be trying to get 2 x 10 mans going on our raid nights but that does leave me with the question. What off spec do you have?

Nog even tussen ons, "I left because their standard was too high" dat is hier niet het geval maar misschien een beetje andersom. Dus geduld is aangeraden voor het geval dat het miss gaat

Edit: Once you feel comfortable feel free to ask myself (Ryucain) Xan, Gimhra/Leeliah or Joclemen an invite to guild
« Last Edit: 23 March, 2011, 09:42:06 am by Ryu »

Offline Kletsnat

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • Artifex
« Reply #2 on: 23 March, 2011, 04:23:02 pm »
Both me and Szemere are realm/faction/name changing as I'm typing this message.

Tommee will from now on be -> Sagiv. Tauren Protection Paladin.

As for my offspec, you could have checked the armory. Retribution will for now remain my offspec, since I've never tried healing on a paladin.
Guildmaster of Artifex

Offline Ryu

• P.I.T.A.
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #3 on: 23 March, 2011, 05:02:22 pm »
Sorry Tommee but work does not allow me go on MoX the forum, although the grey look of this forum is less noticeable than the nice in your face WoW page. If I get seen I would probably be out of a job  

Offline Kletsnat

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • Artifex
« Reply #4 on: 23 March, 2011, 05:14:19 pm »
Aah alright, my apologies!
What could be handy to tell about my offspec is that it's not full epic, but at definitely raid ready so to speak, do ~12k dps on dps bosses while in a raid. It's not really that much, but hey better then nothing ^^
Guildmaster of Artifex

Offline Ryu

• P.I.T.A.
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #5 on: 23 March, 2011, 06:39:41 pm »
Trial started 23-03-2011

Offline Ryu

• P.I.T.A.
  • 03. Full Member