Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Planetside 2 application  (Read 8281 times)

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Planetside 2 application
« on: 04 September, 2013, 02:30:15 pm »
Name: Andrew
What other games apart from Planetside 2 do you play?:SWTOR, but thats mostly for PVP and I think you are mostly PVE in that game, also I’m mostly Rep side, right server though (The Progenitor). I’m cutting back on that though, as the PVP is starting to become stale, even with arenas coming out.
A bit about yourself: I’m formally known as Muppet and Godlymuppet, some may remember me. I took a long break from serious gaming, while I had a daughter (well the wife had her, but you know what I mean) and recovered from getting fired for spending too long on the wow forums. I now work from home online, ironic I know.
Character name: Guppet
Main class: Infiltration (off spec Medic)
Battlerank:5ish 
What are you mainly certing into (main class, vehicle, leadership etc.)?: Infiltration and Medic will be main certification
How often do you play Planetside 2 (typical weekly playtime and which hours)?: Couple of times a week, mainly Monday and Friday nights, normally for 4 or 5 hours a pop. Maybe a bit during the day if work is quiet.

MoX essentials

Do you have Teamspeak 3? (Voice communications is essential to our playstyle and it's Mandatory to play with us.) Not a problem, but if I’m just on for a quick blast during the day, i can’t be on TS as I need my headset for work 

Please also confirm you have read and agreed to the MoX Charter Found here: http://www.moxguild.com/index.php?page=page1464 Yep done.

Also by the end of your two week trail you Must have AMS and squad beacon 1 certifications

About you.
Have you been in another outfit on Miller? (Yes/No): Nope

If so: Which one(s)? And why did you leave?: n/a

IMPORTANT:

Why did you choose the class you are now playing as your main class?:I like to sit back and take things in and then act tactically. For my off spec, healer, I just like to help people, personal sacrifice for completing objectives.

Certification (ie what you have spents certs on what you plan for the future:
:I pretty much need to get most certs, the only things I have unlocked so far ar a better score for my sniper rifle and extra ammo (going to get the vehicular spawn point next), oh and i bot some guns, the bolt action sniper rifle, the 6 shooter side arm (Deagle time ) and the Heavies lock on rocket launcher.

Do you know anyone in MoX who can vouch for you?:Er yeah probably, depends how many old timers are till about

Why do you want to join MoX?:Cos Mox RoX, I had great times in MoX in the past, particularly in FPS games, CSS and BF 2142 (WoW was good too, but I’m no raider).

What type of guild are you looking for?:A Mature guild with nice people in it, one that isn’t there just for one game and will stand the test of time.

What are your goals when playing Planetside 2, what do you want to achieve and how long do you plan to keep playing?: Mostly just want to enjoy some decent objective based PVP, with good folks. Ill probably be here a long while, so long as they don’t kill the game with some stupid patches, it feels a lot like MAG which I played quite a lot on the PS3.

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

Offline Plastix

• Plastix Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Proud MoXie since 2003!
Re: Planetside 2 application
« Reply #1 on: 04 September, 2013, 04:49:05 pm »
Hang on.  Aren't you already a Moxie?

"Where the wind of the argument leads there we must follow without fear"   -    XboxTag = Plastix 3000
Winner - The Most Fanciable MoXie Award - MMX 2008

Offline Gnuko

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #2 on: 04 September, 2013, 04:59:19 pm »
By the looks of his post history he used to be more active from 2007-2010.
But then with a baby etc he asked for his membership to be removed.
I don't know what the rest of the story is but that is what it was from a quick post history check :D

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #3 on: 04 September, 2013, 05:09:43 pm »
By the looks of his post history he used to be more active from 2007-2010.
But then with a baby etc he asked for his membership to be removed.
I don't know what the rest of the story is but that is what it was from a quick post history check :D

Pretty much this. I requested my membership be removed a while back. Now I have more time to play games :)

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

Offline Plastix

• Plastix Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Proud MoXie since 2003!
« Reply #4 on: 04 September, 2013, 06:00:59 pm »
Once a Moxie always a Moxie.  Did you not get the memo?

"Where the wind of the argument leads there we must follow without fear"   -    XboxTag = Plastix 3000
Winner - The Most Fanciable MoXie Award - MMX 2008

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 04 September, 2013, 06:16:06 pm »
Hey Guppet, Muppet... whatever ;)

Your membership was never cancelled, and as far as I can tell you left out of choice and not removed for any reason, so welcome back to being active, and we'll sort you and invite into outfit.

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #6 on: 04 September, 2013, 06:40:52 pm »
Yeay, nice one. Do I need my status changing to get full forum access back?

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #7 on: 07 September, 2013, 07:39:42 pm »
Right joined guild in game. Was only on for a few mins today, so couldn't really do anything. But will be on tomorrow night to hopefully see how we do things.

Can I get full forum access please :)

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

Offline Roop298

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
  • We're all gonna die.
« Reply #8 on: 09 September, 2013, 12:28:51 pm »
Quote:
**Not a problem, but if I’m just on for a quick blast during the day, i can’t be on TS as I need my headset for work **

I bought an earphone/mic combo from Poundland for 99p last week.  They must be having a sale on so I'd get over there quick before they sell out.

Also, what about looking at Archy's comments on K4's application vis certing into sundies?
« Last Edit: 09 September, 2013, 12:30:27 pm by Roop298 »

"The pen is mightier than the Sword", but I've always found a gun works better.  Except for writing with.

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #9 on: 09 September, 2013, 05:06:58 pm »
Quote:
**Not a problem, but if I’m just on for a quick blast during the day, i can’t be on TS as I need my headset for work **

I bought an earphone/mic combo from Poundland for 99p last week.  They must be having a sale on so I'd get over there quick before they sell out.

Also, what about looking at Archy's comments on K4's application vis certing into sundies?

I have got the Sunderer squad deploy cert and the squad respawn beacon :)
Cant decide what my main is now, most roles are pretty fun (shooting planes particularly so). Its kind of expensive for a free game, if your impulsive like me. Still i have spent all i need for now (well maybe a shotgun after paydey:))
So far I have the AMS and squad deploy beacon.
I have bought the following weapons-
AMR-66
Anti-Vehicle Mana turret
RAMS .50
SABR-13
T2 Striker
NS-44 Commisioner
NS-7 PDW
Hellfire Rocket pods (not that I like flying things)
Along with various scopes and supressors. I woudl nothave bought as many if I had actually known about the VR training earlier, but I created my character when the game 1st came out (not a clue why I did not get into it back then), so never had any training.

Really is a very cool game ad it just gets better with a group that know their shit (I dont yet but ill get there :)) Very wierd operating within a group when I have been flying solo for years in most things, but wierd in a good way.

Anyways, just need my foums acess :)

Also, no way I would plug something into my PC that cost 99p, ergh.
« Last Edit: 09 September, 2013, 05:40:32 pm by Guppet »

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

Offline Pirate Cat

• 02. Captain
  • Regular
    • AJT Images
« Reply #10 on: 09 September, 2013, 06:48:18 pm »
SABR-13 = Godlike laser of accuracy, and if you are going to pick up another Assault Rifle I would reccomend the TAR for that "dont need to ADS till mid range" feel

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #11 on: 11 September, 2013, 06:25:05 pm »
Just discovered the fun of infiltration with a supressed smg. You can even hold the fire button before you uncloak, so the lead spays as you uncloak. Its hillarious :)

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

Offline Squishling

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #12 on: 11 September, 2013, 11:14:55 pm »
You can even hold the fire button before you uncloak, so the lead spays as you uncloak.

Ohh, I didn't know that, I must try that out.

/squish

(click to show/hide)

Offline Archangel

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 12 September, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »
Just to keep things above board with recruitment, we need to put this as a normal trial.  So your trial started on 4th Sept, and is due to finish on the 18th sept.  So remember to sponsor him if you want to guys.

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #14 on: 13 September, 2013, 11:26:15 am »
No worries. I had kind if assumed that would be the case, when I first filled out the app form.

Anyways, I'll be on tonight, so hopefully get to do some more outfit based insurgency. I should be more use now too, as I have some mid and close range gear now :)

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #15 on: 14 September, 2013, 09:26:24 am »
Well who knew recon darts were so cool. Guess I'm gonna stick with infiltrator from now on. Claymores are cool too, but well more easy to spot than Betties (I want bouncing Betties :()

And I know this is probably teaching grannies to suck eggs, but don't ever use a suppressor at long range, it massively adds to bullet drop, dear god my headshots have improved since removing that god awful thing.
« Last Edit: 14 September, 2013, 12:29:33 pm by Guppet »

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

Offline Pirate Cat

• 02. Captain
  • Regular
    • AJT Images
« Reply #16 on: 15 September, 2013, 07:09:20 am »
recon darts are fantastic, and quite honestly vital for good teamwork.

Offline Guppet

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #17 on: 15 September, 2013, 11:06:55 am »
Following on from suppressors being guff for long range. When would a suppressor actually be useful. I have them on all my weapons, for the stealth factor, but am I gimping myself? Is the only time to use it on an infiltrator smg?

Moi Kilmer VR9 Templar
Kilmer VR3 Night Blade

binomial-cheese