Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: MoX in Space  (Read 2954 times)

Offline ZombieB

• Administrator
  • Addict
MoX in Space
« on: 10 June, 2013, 12:26:03 am »

Kerbal MoX Program

A few brave MoXies have decided to go where no.. only some others have gone before. To space! Almost anyways. Ok, fine.. its a game. But! Its a pretty difficult game. That has to count for something right? Anyways, if you have ever wanted to walk on the moon, make your own spacestation or die in a spectacular crash. This is your chance to do so with the fine company of MoX.

Head over to: this thread (members only) and give me some pointers so I can make a spacecraft worthy of destroying Farrow's spacestation. What are you waiting for? Go!
« Last Edit: 10 June, 2013, 09:29:20 am by ZombieB »
Also known as Bullborn.
The cake is real, but there is no spoon.
"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential" - Winston Churchill

Offline Farrow

• Administrator
  • Addict
Re: MoX in Space
« Reply #1 on: 11 June, 2013, 01:24:16 pm »
One of my favourite games of all time, I must say! So many hours have been spent playing this game...

It can be frustrating when you finally come to the realisation that the design you've been working on, adapting and testing for hours is just not feasible, and you've wasted all that time. But of course, that's balanced with the amazing sense of accomplishment when you manage to pull off your goal, be it an orbit target, docking, interplanetary transfer or landing.
I don't care who you are. When it comes to flying a Galaxy - better you than Ryu.

Offline Tabasco

• Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 11 June, 2013, 04:57:28 pm »
I second Farrow on this one. It may have a somewhat steep learning curve but after you get the hang of this game is fun on so many levels. You may choose just to build rockets/planes and try how they work out for a casual fun. Or you might choose to put in the time and effort and plan sophisticated return missions to other planets. It may take up so much time, but no other game managed to convey the kind of accomplishment feeling this game does.

When I planned my first manned Duna mission I spent almost a whole day with just a paper, pencil, a calculator and google to figure out things. And I had so much fun. But if you are not interested in calculations then don't worry, the game features lots of aids (even more with mods, although I prefer vanilla) that make all these things easy enough without any need of number crunching.

I wholeheartedly recommend this game to everyone who ever looked up to the stars and wanted to travel to space.

Tab

Offline Farrow

• Administrator
  • Addict
« Reply #3 on: 15 June, 2013, 12:55:27 pm »
If there are any budding space adventurers out there, KSP is on sale this weekend!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/
I don't care who you are. When it comes to flying a Galaxy - better you than Ryu.