May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 [2] 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: SWTOR - Application  (Read 9747 times)

Offline Gahrret-Amell

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
SWTOR - Application
« on: 04 March, 2013, 10:54:06 am »
Well, as my first post I wanted to give some info about myself and also write an application, so here we go.

About me

Name: My name is Aritz.
What other games apart from SWTOR do you play?: Many others.
A bit about yourself (interests, hobbies etc): The usual hobbies, but I mainly like to play videogames.

About my characters

Character names: Many.
Class: Many.
Spec: Many.
Level: Diverse.
Professions: Pretty much all of them.
How often do you play SWTOR (typical weekly playtime and which hours)?: Every now and then.
Why did you choose the class you are now playing and the professions you selected?: My reasons.

About me as a player

Do you have Teamspeak? (It is not very important, but this is our current Voice Comm server, so if you want to join in on the chat, it sure is handy!) Yes, I use TS3.

Have you been in another guild? Yes, a few.
Which one(s)? And why did you leave? My reasons.

Feel free to list your experiences in the game:

Explain a little about what you like to do in SWTOR:
Find a guild I can commit myself with and experience any current and new content.

Me and the guild

Do you know anyone in MoX who can vouch for you? (eg. Friend, relative etc): No.

Explain a bit about why you want to join MoX: I've heard a lot about the guild and the fact that it has been around for years, so it kinda offers some bit of stability, not to mention that it seems highly popular on SWTOR and I felt like trying to be a member of it.

What type of guild are you looking for?:
RP-Pve, not hardcore raiding but some events could be nice.
Do you have any alts? (Empire and/or Republic): Yes.

Additional Information

Confirmation that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the MoX Charter (Yes/No): Yes.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your application or that you would like us to know? I can't think of anything else, but I'm willing to answer any questions.
« Last Edit: 11 February, 2015, 10:56:23 am by Gahrret-Amell »

Offline Elisa

• Unworthy scrub
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Re: SWTOR - Application
« Reply #1 on: 04 March, 2013, 11:06:59 am »
Hey welcome to Mox.

Just a couple of quick questions as they didn't seem to be answered in your original post (or they were and I'm too blind to see them)

Which toon is your main?

Can you describe your reasons for leaving darkstance a little more, I started in DS myself and would just be interested to know your reasons?
Please be my light in the dark and show me how to be a happy pony!

Offline Gahrret-Amell

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #2 on: 04 March, 2013, 02:42:21 pm »
Greetings and thanks.

Gahrret is officially my main char, although I spend most of my time playing on Aritz since the Sniper's play style seems more attractive to me.

I joined Darkstance when some of us in Consuming Darkness felt frustrated about the high inactivity, the lack of events, raids, content and whatnone, even a few other officers were considering the idea of leaving and joining somewhere else, that's when I asked Vee (Badvee, Veebee, Ken'neth, ...) if I could join, which I did for a few days. After a while the former and the current GM of Consuming Darkness contacted a friend and myself asking if we could go back to help fix things, try and get the guild back on track, so to say. We left DS and rejoined CD for a few months, then a certain person came over and started a 'relation' with Eternal-boss, the former GM, which concluded in that he wished to recover his old rank, and for that purpose he quit CD alongside with some of the other members, who ripped the bank off and started Chaos Batallion, which is, ironically, the guild that merged with Hell Guards to make Consuming Darkness. In conclusion, my time on Darkstance was good, but I wished to try other guilds before making my decision.

That's for the 'short' and 'official' version of all that happened, but the thing is that:

(click to show/hide)

I recommended three persons to join Darkstance, and it has always been a possibility for me too, but as I've said (and I know that I'm overly repeating myself), I wish to try and have as many options as possible.

That sums it all, but I can answer any other questions you wish.  :D

Regards, Gahrret.

Offline Elisa

• Unworthy scrub
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #3 on: 04 March, 2013, 02:53:15 pm »
Well thanks for the answers (still not sure what class gahrret is tho lol, but just so that you know when it comes to ops we don't currently have a mara main...and we'd love one)

As long as you understand mox is somewhat stricter than DS when it comes to leaving and rejoing I don't see there being a problem.

Though I have to admit of never hearing about have the guilds you mentioned including CD

I assume someone has already thrown you and invite ig, if not grab myself, maglev, malth or jox and we'll get it sorted

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 04 March, 2013, 03:19:01 pm »
Hola Gahrret, que tal?

Welcome to MoX and hope to see you ingame soon ;)

Pads

SWTOR:
-=Paad'm 65 (BH Merc) - Paam'd 55 (Sniper) - Pluk 51 (Sorc)=-
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
-=Human Torch 33 - Black Widow 35 - Cyclops 39 - Silver Surfer 46 =-
DIABLO3:
-=Paadm 70 (P208) Wizard - Paam 70 (P208) Barbarian - PadmOne 70 (P208) Monk - Padmoon 70 (P208) Demon Hunter - PadCrus 70 (P208) Crusader =-

Offline Dirtball

• Father Sithmas
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 04 March, 2013, 03:35:22 pm »
That's certainly some drama fest going on there! In MoX we try to steer well clear of drama and just have fun. After all we're playing a game and who needs all that crap?

Like Elisa said poke one of us for an invite in game and we can then get the trial started.

Offline Gahrret-Amell

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #6 on: 04 March, 2013, 05:48:41 pm »
Well thanks for the answers (still not sure what class gahrret is tho lol, but just so that you know when it comes to ops we don't currently have a mara main...and we'd love one)

As long as you understand mox is somewhat stricter than DS when it comes to leaving and rejoing I don't see there being a problem.

Though I have to admit of never hearing about have the guilds you mentioned including CD

I assume someone has already thrown you and invite ig, if not grab myself, maglev, malth or jox and we'll get it sorted

Powertech, tank. :p And my mara is highly undergeared, but I could get into gearing him up if needed.

I didn't plan to join for then to leave, but I need to see how is the guild's atmosphere before finally deciding if I should stay or not, yet I'm willing to try. :)

It comes along with the people the guild socializes, some Aeshma members belonged once to CD, some Supremacy Members belong once to MH, yet not everybody knows about Aeshma, MH or Supremacy, despite being among the main raiding guilds nowadays. CD hasn't done anything terribly remarkable unless it's on RP.

Not yet. :D

Hola Gahrret, que tal?

Welcome to MoX and hope to see you ingame soon ;)

Pads

Buenas tardes. Bastante bien, ¿qué tal te va?

Danke, I look forward to joining. ;)

That's certainly some drama fest going on there! In MoX we try to steer well clear of drama and just have fun. After all we're playing a game and who needs all that crap?

Like Elisa said poke one of us for an invite in game and we can then get the trial started.

Definately... and it was all of a sudden, which made it quite worse. My thoughts exactly, I play to relax and have fun, not to cause drama or try and bother others, it's a game and it's meant for ludic purposes. :)

Thanks again for the welcome!

Best of luck, Gahrret.

Offline Aduilas

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #7 on: 04 March, 2013, 07:19:11 pm »
Hey Gahrret and welcome to MoX..

It does seem that you have had some bad luck with guilds in the past and hopefully we can provide you with some fun and stability.. The only thing i noted in your application is that you are looking for an RP-PvE guild and i just want to let you know that we don't do a lot of RP, in fact it's close to none.. But that shouldn't stop you from doing RP and perhaps getting some of our members to join.. :)

Anyway good luck with your trial and i will see you ingame soon, i hope..
- Aduilas

Steam: Lindn

Offline Gahrret-Amell

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #8 on: 04 March, 2013, 09:10:57 pm »
Hey Gahrret and welcome to MoX..

It does seem that you have had some bad luck with guilds in the past and hopefully we can provide you with some fun and stability.. The only thing i noted in your application is that you are looking for an RP-PvE guild and i just want to let you know that we don't do a lot of RP, in fact it's close to none.. But that shouldn't stop you from doing RP and perhaps getting some of our members to join.. :)

Anyway good luck with your trial and i will see you ingame soon, i hope..

Hey, thanks!

No, well... it was good while it lasted, it's not like every single moment I spent on that guild was bad, only that the ending was a bit disappointing... heh... I just remembered Mass Effect 3's ending/s. I'm not a hardcore RPer and I certainly don't try it often, just whenever I wish to have a good time with friends, I'm not really into politics like the plots that are held on Korriban for example.

Yeah, I just noticed you were doing TFB, so good luck. :D

Kind regards, Gahrret.

Offline Fethalen

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: 05 March, 2013, 08:40:36 pm »
Welcome to mox mate :)

Offline Gahrret-Amell

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #10 on: 06 March, 2013, 09:14:08 am »
Welcome to mox mate :)

Thank you very much, I hope we can spend some time together ingame, I mainly do FPs or sometimes raids, both as DPS or Tank... although I would recommend not to trust my skills as a tank... don't say I didn't warn you. ;-)

Have a good day, take care and see you later.  :D

-Gahrret.

Offline Dirtball

• Father Sithmas
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 06 March, 2013, 09:56:11 am »
As promised I've signed you up for Friday night's drunken ops run. Don't expect too much seriousness as there won't be much! :D

Oh and by the way, Aduilas runs what he calls a Codex night on a Thursday. It's basically a do anything kind of night depending on who turns up and what people fancy doing. Anything from datacron hunting, world boss killing to weekly ops missions. Level is generally not a requirement and people are welcome to drop in and out as they please. If you want signing up I'll add you to that as well.

Offline Gahrret-Amell

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #12 on: 06 March, 2013, 10:20:33 am »
As promised I've signed you up for Friday night's drunken ops run. Don't expect too much seriousness as there won't be much! :D

Oh and by the way, Aduilas runs what he calls a Codex night on a Thursday. It's basically a do anything kind of night depending on who turns up and what people fancy doing. Anything from datacron hunting, world boss killing to weekly ops missions. Level is generally not a requirement and people are welcome to drop in and out as they please. If you want signing up I'll add you to that as well.

Alright, thanks. I never expect much seriousness, we are here to have fun, aren't we? ;-) I tend to be joking most of the times, unless it's a formal matter and/or situation. :D

Coolio, Splato told me a bit about the events as per: Monday & Wednesday are for raid progress; raid for fun on Friday and PUG during weekends, so, as I said, I could join in as DPS or tank depending on what's needed, let me know if you wish to check my chars's gear to get an idea of what I might or might not be able to do. I did a cron hunt on my own once, but it could be nice to have company; I'm okay with the WB hunt, I tend to join up for weekly raids and whatever other events there are, I pretty much like everything. :)  And yes, sign me up if you may be so kind.  :D

Regarding the Marauder topic... mine is not properly geared, not to mention I'm currently using Carnage, yet the highest DPSing Marauder on The Progenitor, Frulmyst from Mandalorian Hunters, is Annihilation, which is the tree I used to level up; so I could respec back, gear up and then maybe give it a try until I manage to get another Mara char I'm planning to work on until 50.

-Gahrret.

Offline Elisa

• Unworthy scrub
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #13 on: 06 March, 2013, 11:25:32 am »
There mara was really just a suggestion as we don't have a main that's a mara, gearing up isn't an issue either as we are only a matter of weeks away from 2.0

Offline Gahrret-Amell

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #14 on: 06 March, 2013, 03:16:33 pm »
There mara was really just a suggestion as we don't have a main that's a mara, gearing up isn't an issue either as we are only a matter of weeks away from 2.0

Noted.

Offline Maglev

• Pie Eater
  • 21. SWTOR - Ingame Officer
  • Regular
« Reply #15 on: 07 March, 2013, 08:22:42 am »
Hi and welcome to mox, I have played a PT both DPS and Tank for quite some time now, so if you need any help just ask.  The Mara would be good as the only other we have is Concretes alt who puts out really good dps.
I would be interested to see the spec of the top rated power tech dps on the server to see if I can squeeze a bit more dps out

Offline Gahrret-Amell

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #16 on: 07 March, 2013, 08:57:54 am »
Hi and welcome to mox, I have played a PT both DPS and Tank for quite some time now, so if you need any help just ask.  The Mara would be good as the only other we have is Concretes alt who puts out really good dps.
I would be interested to see the spec of the top rated power tech dps on the server to see if I can squeeze a bit more dps out

Hello and thanks, I could use some tips on the Powertech's tanking... I personaly think that aggro became odd since 1.4, yet PT DPSers pull insane aggro. I could get to gearing my Marauder or Marauders when 2,0 hits, as Elisa suggested; I don't really see the point right now since any gear I might adquire would become useless in a not so distant future.

It's always something related mostly with Pyrotech's full tree with perharps some tank perks to add to your survivality and get the extra +9% Aim, if not, it would be the Advanced Prototype setting and it's bleeding effects, causing Bleed+Fire, but I'll ask this afternoon since I'm not quite sure myself. That's regarding 1.7, on 2.0 the king of the settings is a certain Adv Proto/Pyro hybrid, which made a Powertech hit 3k on the Ops dummy, whereas most Marauders managed around 2,6-2,8k, if what Krehea from Mandalorian Hunters and Venimeuse from Aeshma say is right.

I'm betting it would be something like this tree, althought it lacks any defense perks at all:  http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsMZfhbbdGhM.2
I'll be sure to send this friend of mine a mail asking, then I can either post the details here or on a PM, it's your call.

-Gahrret.

Offline Gahrret-Amell

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #17 on: 08 March, 2013, 07:39:41 pm »

Hi again, I've been speaking to Bledge and well... I noticed you have way higher stats, so I bet Krehea was a bit dreamy and exaggerated the parse.

He basically told me this:

Tree: Pyrotech, either full on if the boss fight has adds or try and get the +9% of Aim for some other bosses. (Probably the first for the TFB and the second for the likes of Karagga)
Rotation: Incendiary missile, Railshot, Flame Burst and then Rocket Punch. Keep using Flame Burst until Incendiary wears off to maintain combustible gas cylinder, also, use Rapid Shots if get to 25 of heat. The easiest bursting bit is Flame Burst + Rail Shot. 

So it's either full Pyro with some perks here and there to boost Fire or the spec I posted before.

I hope it proves useful. :D

-Gahrret.

Offline Maglev

• Pie Eater
  • 21. SWTOR - Ingame Officer
  • Regular
« Reply #18 on: 09 March, 2013, 01:22:34 pm »
Thanks m8 that is almost the spec I have but is a interesting variation, I think I will try it and see how my dps goes with it,  as for the tanking I have quite a bit of experience with a pt tank and I think we have a easy time with the aggro compared to other tanks as we can shoot from range quite well if needed.  If you need a hand poke me in game and I will talk you through my build etc

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 09 March, 2013, 04:38:05 pm »
What we seemed to have forgotten is to officially start you trial... sorry for that :P

Your two week trial officially has begun as of march 4th . Please use this period to get to know people in the guild and to allow them to get to know you. Once the two weeks are complete, should you wish to become a full member please post back here or start a new thread requesting sponsors. Once you achieve three sponsors, full membership will be granted and all the secret stuff on the forum will open up to you.

Good luck and most of all have fun!

Trial started 4/3/2013

SWTOR:
-=Paad'm 65 (BH Merc) - Paam'd 55 (Sniper) - Pluk 51 (Sorc)=-
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
-=Human Torch 33 - Black Widow 35 - Cyclops 39 - Silver Surfer 46 =-
DIABLO3:
-=Paadm 70 (P208) Wizard - Paam 70 (P208) Barbarian - PadmOne 70 (P208) Monk - Padmoon 70 (P208) Demon Hunter - PadCrus 70 (P208) Crusader =-

binomial-cheese