May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 [2] 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: AoC Application  (Read 10269 times)

Offline Azzer

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
    • http://www.bushtarion.com
AoC Application
« on: 11 May, 2008, 08:00:52 pm »
Obviously with Age of Conan not being out yet, there's no formal application thingummy for it, so I'll just steal the WoW one and see what I can put in! I hope it's alright to apply for membership at this stage, even if any potential "trial" membership can't even start for another week yet!

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
Nick: Azzer (although a bug in AoC prevents names starting with 'Azz', so it was 'Azer' in the open beta, I hope they fix it...)
Class:  Demonologist
Level: N/A
Server: Still no server name lists out yet!
Professions: Possibly Alchemy.
/played: All through the open beta

Do you have Teamspeak? (voice communication is essential to our raiding, although it is not necessary to have a mic): Nope but it's easily downloaded & installed!

Would you be willing to change your build for the guild? Yes but we don't know much about feat-builds in AoC yet! I'll be going fire-based at first up to 80 - pure DPS.

How often do you play AoC (typical weekly playtime and which hours)?  It'll be lots. I'm self-employed, work from home, and have relaxed hours. I tend to play games a lot day and evening between coding.
Our Raid times are from 20:00 to 0:00 server time with invites starting at 19:30, are you able to be available for the whole duration? Certainly!
Have you been in another guild? Which one(s)?  Nope

IMPORTANT:

Now when you´re done with the "basics", we´re on to what´s important in the application! Here we want you to explain a little about different aspects of your character and the game, so we can ensure you are suitable.

So, write a few sentences about:

Talents: Pure fire, for DPS - true 'glass cannon' I did a fair whack of PVP'ing at the end of the closed beta and while I was quite squishy, given a tank my DPS was awesome. Obviously balance changes will go in during the first months and we'll all find out what's good/bad as people slowly level to 80...

Guild: I'm looking for a guild of players that can play seriously when it needs to be done, but who can relax and have fun the rest of the time, and can always have a laugh with eachother - so it does still always feel like gaming rather than a job. I want to join MoX for two reasons - the first is honestly because I want to get in to Age of Conan "properly", from day 1 launch day, and think starting up with a guild of experienced gamers in general is going to be a fantastic way of doing this, and 2 because I was watching a group of players from MoX in the wilderness on the last day of open beta for a while (I was stalking them), liked what I saw (we even battled a little bit in all the crazy PVP fighting going on with it being end of beta), and joined up with them for a while to do some exploring of the zone, a bit of hunting, questing, and chatting. I can't remember everybody's names and I don't know if they are recognisable (ie if they keep the same name) from other games/the forums here, but three names I remember were Claw, Tiksi (who pointed me here when I asked about joining MoX for Age of Conan) and Maisie.

Goals: I plan to play for a long time, and my goals are to enjoy it the whole way through

Additional Information:

Confirmation that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the MoX Charter: I have!

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your application or that you would like us to know?                                        I've been playing  MMO's (as have a lot of people here it seems, lurking around the forums) since the early days - for me it started with PVP'ing on "Hack & Slash" - a text based game "pre-MUD", played on BBS systems (pre-internet!), and also having multiplayer games of "Gloom" on the Amiga (an FPS like Doom).  I've at least tried out if not played actively in the vast majority of MMO's and  online FPS games that have come out over the past 10 years or so, and even develop games for a living (browser based games - www.bushtarion.com is the core of my business at the moment, and I am busy developing an epic browser based role playing game currently). PVP wise I love fighting other players and don't mind being killed over and over (I don't get stroppy or angry ), but I like to PVP from a "good" side - eg never throw the first punch, help  a stranger out if they are being picked on by gankers, that sort of thing. I have a very sarcastic and dry sense of humour and generally laugh at everything bad or good, don't tend to be very negative. And I can chat the hind legs off a donkey. Hopefully these are positive rather than negative aspects for the sort of members you guys like to have!

Oh and also - if there is going to be the possibility to join up with MoX for Age of Conan, then we (you guys with me listening in!) will need to find out the server names (still not released last I checked), and decide whether we play a "normal" PVP server (which AoC are calling PVE servers - but they aren't, they have whole PVP border kingdoms, sieges, PVP minigames etc.) or a "PVP" server (which is Free for all - anyone can attack anyone, anywhere, anytime - and in the open beta this included zone-killing, res-spot camping/killing etc., you can even attack guild members... the only people you can't attack are group members, and probably raid members but raid groups weren't in in the open beta so couldn't test raids out... basically no rules, no factions, no nothing). Also have to sort out grouping up right from the start to help eachother through the early stages and get questing.

Even if a formal application for MoX can't be decided/accepted for a while until MoX is established in AoC (which I accept!), it'd be nice to group up with some other like-minded players again as I did last night with the MoX open beta players, and get to know some new people in a new game - I don't like to play a new game without knowing anyone in it at all!

That's my waffle over!

Offline ilky

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
AoC Application
« Reply #1 on: 11 May, 2008, 09:25:58 pm »
Hi Azzer, I was there too yesterday (Bruna).

Thanks for the application (nice & complete so far).
We're currently still discussing the servertype and our stance (pk or anti-pk) for AoC - so most likely we won't be recruiting before we decided on that (should be anytime soon though ), so we can get a confirmation that you can live with the outcome.
Our history was one of anti-pk (so not just killing anyone that sits in your way, but kill the killers, the 'bad' guys - not playing by the rules may result in a guild-kick); so you can already give it a thought if that fits your playstyle or not (from our short conversation last night & your application it looks like it ).

stay tuned!
« Last Edit: 11 May, 2008, 09:28:52 pm by ilky »

Offline Civill

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
AoC Application
« Reply #2 on: 11 May, 2008, 09:54:36 pm »
Hey there nice to see some people already noticing MoX in aoc
I'll be playing (along with about 40 other moxies i believe) so w'll probably accept your trial the day the early access starts.

W'll most certainly have reached an decision about the serverchoice on the 14th or the 15th, still some discusing going on.

Hope to team with you soon!
« Last Edit: 11 May, 2008, 10:14:12 pm by Civill »

Offline Danju

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • http://
AoC Application
« Reply #3 on: 11 May, 2008, 10:09:27 pm »
think we are abit full when it comes to englishmen,
we now only recruit gentlemen living in africa.

aka Link

Offline Mion

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEMEBBwO6J8
AoC Application
« Reply #4 on: 11 May, 2008, 10:21:14 pm »
Hey Azer, nice to see you found here. I'm the guy who played the indian in a ghillie suit, Tiksi.
Hoping to see you getting trialed the day the retail servers open!

Btw we now have Azreale, Azaril and now you, Azer. Pretty sure I wont be the last one to get confused when you join the group:P
mion mage, tiksi - priest, potus - druid - on wow grim batol

Offline Epoch

• Regular
AoC Application
« Reply #5 on: 11 May, 2008, 10:23:49 pm »
hiya Azer

Ep=claw

I'm grumpy.

Offline Arken

• 03. Full Member
  • Addict
AoC Application
« Reply #6 on: 11 May, 2008, 10:38:11 pm »
Hiya Azzer, nice post.

-
<Insert awesome and amazing signature here>

Offline Lazarus

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • Also known as Varkolaak
AoC Application
« Reply #7 on: 11 May, 2008, 10:55:57 pm »
Hello Azer.

Just seconding what Ilky has written.  I will let you know what decision we reach regarding servertype and ethics (around the 14th/15th) and then you can decide if you still wish to join us.  

If your taking part in Early access from 17th onwards I see no reason as to why we can't start your trial there and then.

Laz

Ps. I'm stealing your application as an example to show some of the lazier people that apply to us.

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
AoC Application
« Reply #8 on: 11 May, 2008, 11:17:23 pm »
Hi, nice to see we are getting interest already. A very nice application.

Will hope to see you ingame when it all kicks off for real. I'll be there as either sommin beginning with 'Inf...' or 'Omega'.

May Crom smile on you.

Inf.
Still alive (as of 31/10/2016)

Offline Civill

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
AoC Application
« Reply #9 on: 11 May, 2008, 11:23:31 pm »
Quote from: Infinitron
May Crom smile on you.

Crom doesn't smile fool, he laughs at your weakness, he does not smile.

Offline Amirub

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
AoC Application
« Reply #10 on: 11 May, 2008, 11:59:02 pm »
I hear Ep joins MMO's for pure RP, ugh!

I go BOOM BOOM in my ROOM ROOM!

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
AoC Application
« Reply #11 on: 12 May, 2008, 12:31:41 am »
Quote from: Civill
Crom doesn't smile fool, he laughs at your weakness, he does not smile.

He smiled when i told him the one about the cat. He's a darkplace fan.
Still alive (as of 31/10/2016)

Offline Azzer

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
    • http://www.bushtarion.com
AoC Application
« Reply #12 on: 12 May, 2008, 01:16:15 am »
I'm cool with decisions as to whether to be pk or anti-pk, and likewise what type of server (PVP, PVE) - because both server types are PVP really, it's more a choice of "free for all" or, well, not free for all! I'll lurk around and check up on the 15th and 16th or so to find out about the server choice so I know where to make my character - the thing is even if I end up not being able to join, since I know nobody else that plays it makes little difference what server I end up on!

BTW, I'm already half way through downloading the headstart client, well 45% complete now!  Shame it's going to be useless until the 17th

Offline Civill

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
AoC Application
« Reply #13 on: 12 May, 2008, 02:16:43 am »
Quote from: Infinitron
He smiled when i told him the one about the cat. He's a darkplace fan.

Crom likes your darkplace?

Think you've been reading the wrong type of fanfiction mate

Offline Bluejak

• Token, PhD
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
AoC Application
« Reply #14 on: 12 May, 2008, 05:09:40 am »
Quote from: Civill
Hey there nice to see some people already noticing MoX in aoc

How?
Optimist: "The glass is half full."