May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Hello Everybody  (Read 3118 times)

Unlife

Hello Everybody
« on: 25 May, 2007, 11:33:09 am »
Hello everybody!

I would like to start with thanking you for inviting me to your SG, and then continue for with thanking you for taking the time to read this.
I am a 30 year old boy from Norway that pretty much never really grew up. I got hooked on computer games when I got my first PC, a commodore 64 back in 1984, and I have been ever since. I have strayed into various other interests like bigband, karate, inline blading various kinds of ballsports, and creating music on my computer over the years. I was well known in an underground community called Trax in Space with 70 000 registered musicians where I uploaded my music and helped the staff review other music. My handle back then was Wight.

I got my hands on CoH the first time when it was released in Norway some years ago. Back then there was no european servers, nor was there any CoV. I quickly got recruited into a SG that I sadly have forgotten the name of, but I was second in command, and I was known under the handle Crimson Wrath.

When WoW was released I quit playing CoH and started playing there. To make a very long story as short as possible, I became friends with a man there during the WoW beta, and when WoW went retail we together build up a Guild That now is one of the 2 top guilds on the server that they play. My skills are motivating people, I was functioning pretty much as a janitor. When people fought I was the one that cleaned up the mess, and when people had to be booted I was usually the one that got the task of doing so. However I had big flaws as well I still have. I am a slow learner. The guild progressed faster than I could keep up. Allthough the guild was thankfull for all that I had done for it, I had outplayed my role. I was weight and found to light and was gradually demoted all the way from co-founder and second in command to guild friend where I was no longer wanted in raids. Understanding their decition to wanting to have someone usefull around that was clearly more skilled than me, I still felt a bit upset and dissillutioned.  One thing lead to another and suddenly I am back here in CoH/CoV.

I will do my very best to help out in any way that I can here in your guild. If there is anything you wonder about, or anything that you need help with feel free to contact me.

Offline Rawhide

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • Live it, love it!
Hello Everybody
« Reply #1 on: 26 May, 2007, 11:01:11 am »
Hi Unlife, You'll know me as Dark Orgasmo.  Its been a pleasure teaming with you over the last few days and I really feel you are going to fit in well and enjoy it here.
Your 2 week trial starts from your original post date, after the 2 weeks are up, all going well, you will be granted full access to the forums.

You'll need Teamspeak and Setup Instructions.

It also worth reading This to get a feel for the MoX / Horde Structure and the massive part we play as a community on Union.

any questions, just yell - I'll send you a MoX Comm invite today so you can chat to heroes and villains alike.
« Last Edit: 26 May, 2007, 11:01:40 am by Rawhide »

"I have always been a small Flan" - Maxwell

Offline Deathstouch

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Hello Everybody
« Reply #2 on: 26 May, 2007, 01:23:21 pm »
hi unlife m8y, welcome to mox and the horde, in game im known as lord illusion, touch, frozen wasteland, ventres, lady touch and finally hidden terror.

need any help give me a tell.....

Unlife

Hello Everybody
« Reply #3 on: 29 May, 2007, 01:15:48 pm »
Thank you all for making me feel welcome. I was very lucky that met you guys. This was pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I was hoping I would find something like this SG, but didn't really think that I would be able to find it. I will do my best to be as helpfull as I can in any possible way. BTW as I said in the SG chat, you guys must not weight to much into the things that I say in the SG chat. I am a quirky loonie that joke about everyone and everything, and I love a good discussion. If I cross the line, don't be afraid to let me know, I can take it

Oh, and I have set up Teamspeak, and pulled out my headset/mic. So I am ready to hook up whenever needed.
« Last Edit: 29 May, 2007, 01:17:18 pm by Unlife »

Offline Rawhide

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • Live it, love it!
Hello Everybody
« Reply #4 on: 09 June, 2007, 02:45:59 am »
Unlifes Trial is over, He has been a superb recruit, always forming teams, always chatting and pretty much always online.

I would love to have him as a MoXie, and I think you'll struggle to find anyone that disagrees.

"I have always been a small Flan" - Maxwell

Offline Golden Bull

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
Hello Everybody
« Reply #5 on: 10 June, 2007, 09:00:31 am »
Hello Unlife

Welcome  to MoX.

Have fun

Offline The Flange

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • In Space, no one can hear you fap!
Hello Everybody
« Reply #6 on: 10 June, 2007, 03:57:45 pm »
Welcome to Mox Unlife.
Remember that the thing with mox is the community....help as much as you like when you are able....back off a little when real life prevents participation.....The community can and will cope if you take a break.  Just saying that so that you don't make the mistake of 'burning out'. I'll see you in game sometime soon....my CoH is broken since the latest patch but.....  
I R watching my virtual test pc finis..
Son of a bitch it just errored halfway that sentence....

binomial-cheese