Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Bango  (Read 3039 times)

bango

Bango
« on: 15 September, 2009, 10:56:04 pm »
Hello everyone. I thought I had better introduce myself to you all. But first of all I would like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome over the past couple of days.

Anyway, down to business. Bango Twinkletoes at your service, burglar, tinker and general glutton. I'm East Farthing born and bred, my old pa was a Boffin but I was given the nickname "Twinkletoes" on account of my ability to sneak around unnoticed! Very handly for a bit of scrumping. I've certainly seen a lot of goings on since I first left home all those years ago but nowadays I seem to spend much of my time in of Lothlorien with the Elves, who certainly know how to lay on a good spread of an evening. If only my old Pa could see me now!

I've also got one or two acquaintances that you might want to keep an eye out for. Apparently I've been told that others call them "Alts"...

1. First off, there's Derringdole, a young hobbit lad from the North Farthing who's good with a bow and at whittling away at bits of wood. He's not the brightest, but he has got a good heart.
 2. Another hobbit I know is Litella. She's a feisty young hobbit lass from the West Farthing who has trained to be a Warden! She is out to prove to her brothers that hobbit lasses can be as good as lads! I certainly wouldn't want to tell her otherwise!
 3. Now we've got the first of the "big people". Ragaig is a bard and minstrel from the far-flung fields of Rohan. He had retired but has taken up arms again to fight.
 4. Hesa is a proud champion of the Westfold and desperate to rights the wrongs done to her family by the marauders of Isenguard.
 5. Elinarien is a young and studious Elven Lady who is studying with the scholars of Rivendell who apparently can defeat her enemies by showing them bits of rock & stone! Would you believe it!
 6. Last but not least is Ranaf of Breeland and guardian. He found the fighting in Moria too tough and, weary from his wounds, now spends much of his time with the dwarves making metal and leather armours.

Now then, before you go wandering off, you ought to know a bit about some of the things I like to get up to in my spare time. There's this odd-little place called the Ettenmoors, where I often go to give those nasty orcs & goblins a whack on the head with my old mace. Now I know that some of you (yes you Aldegarn!) think that this is a bit odd, but I likes it and that's that!

Well, that's enough about the old hobbit. I guess I had better get back to my pint!

Ok - back to the real world. My name is Mike, I am 41, have a wife and 2 children and live in eastern England and work in IT. LOTRO is my first MMO that I've stuck with but my real passion is with the old pen & paper RP games (MERP, AD&D, Call of Cthulu, Rolemaster, Runequest etc etc) which is pretty much where my youth went. Having a family means that "AFK" is my favorite phrase but I hope to try and keep to hours where at least I can get the odd hour or two uninterrupted.

I know Berry, Aldegarn and Elrissa from two previous kins but I do look forward to meeting you all. If there is anything I can do to be of assistance then please do let me know.

[raises his beer mug and shouts] All the best!

Bango.

Offline Eovina

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Bango
« Reply #1 on: 15 September, 2009, 11:56:59 pm »
Welcome to Shadows Bango  Nice to have you in the kin...

Eovina-HNT lvl 75 Thinuwiel-RK lvl 75Chelestina-BURG lvl 85
Celebrianna CAPT- lvl 76  Immerandir- WRD lvl 75 Lilliathel- LM lvl 85
  Riwennor-MINS lvl 75Welin- CHP- lvl 75 Amaryllia-GRD-lvl 75

Offline Lithia

• Mrs. ZombieB
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Bango
« Reply #2 on: 16 September, 2009, 12:33:34 am »
Welcome Bango, I hope you'll like it with us

LOTRO: Lithia (81 Hunter pew pew) / various alts at all levels

No, I do not have a playernote on Lithia, and may I quote myself: Neverr!!!

Offline daimon

• Lumberjack & Paranoid Sling Swinger
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
  • Milkaway
    • http://www.facebook.com/sami.kulmala
Bango
« Reply #3 on: 16 September, 2009, 01:15:57 am »
Welcome Bango. Really nice "application."

Offline Dirtball

• Father Sithmas
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
Bango
« Reply #4 on: 16 September, 2009, 01:16:00 am »
Welcome to The Shadows and MoX, Bango.

Your two week trial has now officially begun. Remember to post back here after two weeks asking for sponsors should you wish to become a full member and get access to all the secret stuff.

Offline Berry

• Pie Mistress
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • You're never alone with a rubber duck
    • Tales of Arda
Bango
« Reply #5 on: 16 September, 2009, 06:44:47 am »
*waves and hangs on to her pies* Welcome Bango  Good to have you here - I hope you'll like it!

Berry
Life is about loving and learning - and not taking yourself too seriously ~Berry

Offline Aldegarn

• Noobler
    • http://
Bango
« Reply #6 on: 16 September, 2009, 01:03:09 pm »
Bango and his cursed "wife dread", *goes over and makes some hope tokens*

Glad to have you here, buddy (i know i know, im not your buddy, friend)
Aldegarn, fuck yeah!
 Comin' again to save the motherfuckin' day, yeah,
 Aldegarn, fuck yeah!
 Captain is the only class, yeah,
 Radiance, your game is through,
 'Cuz now you have to answer to;
 Aldegarn, fuck yeah!
 So lick his butt and suck on his halberd,
 Aldegarn, fuck yeah!
 Whatcha' gonna do when he comes for you now?
---
Also...Ledenbar

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
Bango
« Reply #7 on: 16 September, 2009, 06:13:21 pm »
Hey Bang!

Nice to have you in the kin and indeed the most interesting app so far!

SWTOR:
-=Paad'm 65 (BH Merc) - Paam'd 55 (Sniper) - Pluk 51 (Sorc)=-
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
-=Human Torch 33 - Black Widow 35 - Cyclops 39 - Silver Surfer 46 =-
DIABLO3:
-=Paadm 70 (P208) Wizard - Paam 70 (P208) Barbarian - PadmOne 70 (P208) Monk - Padmoon 70 (P208) Demon Hunter - PadCrus 70 (P208) Crusader =-

bango

Bango
« Reply #8 on: 28 September, 2009, 11:11:28 pm »
I thought I would let you all know that I have decided to finish my time with the Shadows now rather than draw it out any further.

Before I go any further I would like to thank all of you for a very warm welcome. You are a great bunch of people and the good reputation you all have is well founded.

I've decided to leave because unfortunately there are some similarities with EAL (the kin I left) and I think the time is right now for a complete change. So instead I will be looking for a larger kin where I can be a smaller cog in a bigger machine.

Since I have been here I've mentioned to a few of you in chat or mail as to whether there is anything I can do to be of assistance. Of course this offer still stands but I also extend it to you all. So if I can be of help to any of you guys then do let me know and I would be more than happy to oblige.

Of course I will be keeping in touch with some of you - yes that includes you Aldegarn

Best wishes and take care.

Offline Berry

• Pie Mistress
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • You're never alone with a rubber duck
    • Tales of Arda
Bango
« Reply #9 on: 29 September, 2009, 06:37:57 am »
I hope you find what you seek, Bango  Good luck and don't be a stranger!

Berry
Life is about loving and learning - and not taking yourself too seriously ~Berry

Offline Aldegarn

• Noobler
    • http://
Bango
« Reply #10 on: 29 September, 2009, 08:16:03 am »
Quote from: bango
Of course I will be keeping in touch with some of you - yes that includes you Aldegarn

Awww, that's so sweet  And sure, mate, please do, we're just a /tell away
« Last Edit: 29 September, 2009, 08:16:19 am by Aldegarn »
Aldegarn, fuck yeah!
 Comin' again to save the motherfuckin' day, yeah,
 Aldegarn, fuck yeah!
 Captain is the only class, yeah,
 Radiance, your game is through,
 'Cuz now you have to answer to;
 Aldegarn, fuck yeah!
 So lick his butt and suck on his halberd,
 Aldegarn, fuck yeah!
 Whatcha' gonna do when he comes for you now?
---
Also...Ledenbar

Offline daimon

• Lumberjack & Paranoid Sling Swinger
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
  • Milkaway
    • http://www.facebook.com/sami.kulmala
Bango
« Reply #11 on: 29 September, 2009, 08:24:32 am »
Sorry to lose you Bango. I do hope you find what you're looking for from elsewhere though  Take care.

Offline Dirtball

• Father Sithmas
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
Bango
« Reply #12 on: 29 September, 2009, 10:01:51 am »
Was nice to get to know you, Bango. Good luck in your search and hope to see you around.

binomial-cheese