May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 [2] 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: BF2142 player  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Khamele0n

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
BF2142 player
« on: 14 July, 2007, 05:27:24 pm »
BD recruit:
Hi, i'm part of Black Diamond, and am here about the amalgamation of the unit into MoX's BF2142 squad. My details are:
Name: Ben Underwood
Ingame Name: Khamele0n, ThePacifist (coh)
Games Played:BF2142, cov/coh and CS

Ask 'Infinitron' for a reference.

Thanks for your time;
Ben

I'm gonna keep the coke and the fries but I'm gonna send this burger back. And if you put any mayonnaise on it, I'm gonna come over to your house, I'll chop your legs off, set fire to your house, and watch as you drag your bloody stumps out the door.
(The Whole Nine Yards)

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
BF2142 player
« Reply #1 on: 14 July, 2007, 05:31:00 pm »
Hey Ben, thanks for signing up.

This guy is one of my best mates, known him for 7 years now, and he goes to Uni with me n all, doing the same course. He's part of the original 5 of us who started Black Diamond, a great player, and a decent guy. He will be valuable to the BF team, and if he ever resubs to CoH, maybe a great hero again.

Of course i vouch for him, and leave it to you to deliberate his fate in similar circumstances to Cpt. Millers.

Thanks guys,

Inf.
« Last Edit: 14 July, 2007, 05:31:33 pm by Infinitron »
Still alive (as of 31/10/2016)

Raging Speedhorn

BF2142 player
« Reply #2 on: 14 July, 2007, 07:22:04 pm »
Lo Kham. You therefore looking to join MoX and wear MoX tags?
« Last Edit: 14 July, 2007, 07:22:23 pm by Raging Speedhorn »

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
BF2142 player
« Reply #3 on: 14 July, 2007, 07:50:39 pm »
This is being discussed with Durin at the moment, we hold BD very closely in our hearts, as its a tight knit group of friends. This is to boost the bf2142 numbers, and to help out with ladder matches; so Durin and I proposed that we join forces, and the BD members [me, miller and kham here] will have the tags [MoX.BD], being both loyal to MoX and our origins. If this isn't acceptable by you, then i apologise and we will scrap the idea, but we think it is the best idea for the situation, and will be a great way to make a mark on the BF2142 scene.

Thanks for your consideration,

Inf.

Offline Wilbur Spoons

• Class in a very tall glass
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
BF2142 player
« Reply #4 on: 14 July, 2007, 07:53:17 pm »
I seem to remember that the Ozarks did a similar thing when we merged with them.

Offline Durin Danark

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
BF2142 player
« Reply #5 on: 14 July, 2007, 08:11:17 pm »
Bare with me guys I'm working out the kinks and trying to come to a conclusion here?

DD

Aion: Expert Tailor 440/Alchemy 399.

Offline Wilbur Spoons

• Class in a very tall glass
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
BF2142 player
« Reply #6 on: 14 July, 2007, 08:12:45 pm »
Quote from: Durin Danark
Bare with me guys I'm working out the kinks

DD

Oo er Matron!

Offline Durin Danark

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
BF2142 player
« Reply #7 on: 15 July, 2007, 02:25:40 am »
Right I have been working really hard guys to come to an agreement!!

First a little background: I myself have only been playing online games for only 2 years and have come to MoX with a new head and new look at things, and from what the more experienced MoXies have informed me of is that alliences very rarely work and can cause problems they have had them in the past.....not to say that we don't want you guys to join MoX god guys I really do REALLY REALLY DO want you to join and with the prospest of ladder matches and some great teamplay with you guys would be great. I know you guys have a lot of pride about your clan and I know you want to keep the name, so I also understand if you don't want to join and i will respect your choice.

TBH I hope you guys join MoX!! Inf and I have been talking about this for a few days and I was hoping to secure some ladders within the next few weeks, so if you can find it in your hearts to rememeber and honour the memory of your clan the Black Diamonds and make a giant step to joining MoX then I would be sooo happy as well as the rest of MoX, but at this time we would not be able to have an allience due to bad experiences again I hope you can make the switch and enjoy the time I hope we can have but again if you do not then I understand and respect your choice!

Please have a think and talk between yourselves about this then get back to me. send me a PM or come onto TS to have a chat about this. I hope here and now I have shown enough passion and respect for you guys that you make the jump. If you do I promise you will enjoy your time here and you will relise that MoX is for Life we are in the end one big happy family.

But if you do choose to make the big leap then:

Welcome to MoX no no a big welcome to MoX!!!

please read and dont forget the peanuts!!

Welcome to MoX, Recruit!

Our minimum entry age is 18.

If not done so already, please:
1. Read This
2. Get this
3. Sign Up to This

4. This is also strongly recommended. (My user name is ‘clintros’. Feel free to say hi.) You can use this to join friends into any game or teamspeak.

We are a multi-gaming clan. Because of this, you should not be a member of any other gaming clans for games we already play as it would be perceived as a conflicting loyalty.

***IMPORTANT BIT***IMPORTANT BIT***IMPORTANT BIT***
You only have access to the public forums during your trial. YOU MUST REQUEST ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE FORUMS AFTER TWO WEEKS. To do this, post a request in the 'Membership and new recruits' section, you will then have access to the private forums..
***IMPORTANT BIT***IMPORTANT BIT***IMPORTANT BIT***

A useful guide to logging onto out TS server can be found here.

All Server information on MLE site

Any questions just ask, and don't forget the peanuts.

Your two week trial starts now.
« Last Edit: 15 July, 2007, 02:47:26 am by Durin Danark »

Raging Speedhorn

BF2142 player
« Reply #8 on: 15 July, 2007, 02:45:43 am »
I second Durin's post here. Back when BFV was new and spangly in 2004 we had a similar experience when a group of friends joined, they had their own clan name too. Most are still here, some in v v senior positions. We all found that any segregation in MoX just caused unessessary barriers. We're not about that, as Infinitron I am sure will testify. It's important as it's you name, I know, but we do have a lot to offer.

Offline Durin Danark

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
BF2142 player
« Reply #9 on: 15 July, 2007, 02:49:33 am »
BTW if you do join as you are friends of Inf you get access to the full forums right away but still have the 2 week trial

Offline Afro

• Noobler
BF2142 player
« Reply #10 on: 15 July, 2007, 11:37:48 am »
Hi and welcome to mox

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
BF2142 player
« Reply #11 on: 15 July, 2007, 12:29:51 pm »
OK well i'll put it to them, and see what they decide, im sure they won't mind; as its our friendship that bonds us, not the fact we are tinthe same clan, that was a bi-product. Black Diamond will live on in our memories and in the other games we play (how cheesy does that sound?). Anyway lets see what happens and I hope we will all be playing with you very soon.

Inf out.

Offline Farrow

• Administrator
  • Addict
BF2142 player
« Reply #12 on: 15 July, 2007, 12:34:34 pm »
You won't be alone. We've assimilated a few smaller clans in our time and as far as I can tell, none of them have regretted it.
I don't care who you are. When it comes to flying a Galaxy - better you than Ryu.

Offline Khamele0n

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
BF2142 player
« Reply #13 on: 16 July, 2007, 12:08:29 pm »
The decision made seem fair enough, so hell im up for it. Long live BD on local lan nights anyway (miss those  red bull fuelled rampages with 8 computers to a table. Although im sure we could fit more now everyones got lcd's    hmmmmmmmmm...)
We work well as a team, unfortunately the 3 of us at the moment cant take on an entire server to much effect. So im looking forward to tonight when we'l be flying the flag for Mox!

Thanks for accepting black diamond, and me into your clan. 

I'm gonna keep the coke and the fries but I'm gonna send this burger back. And if you put any mayonnaise on it, I'm gonna come over to your house, I'll chop your legs off, set fire to your house, and watch as you drag your bloody stumps out the door.
(The Whole Nine Yards)

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
BF2142 player
« Reply #14 on: 16 July, 2007, 12:24:01 pm »
1 down, 1 to go.

Welcome to MoX Ben, and man those lan sessions were good.

Offline Khamele0n

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
BF2142 player
« Reply #15 on: 16 July, 2007, 02:40:03 pm »
Sweet, whats the Mox clan tag? [MoX] im guessin, and whats the game and ts server for tonight?

Cya later guys
« Last Edit: 16 July, 2007, 02:46:23 pm by Khamele0n »

(The Whole Nine Yards)

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
BF2142 player
« Reply #16 on: 16 July, 2007, 02:47:35 pm »
Tonights game is Battlefield Vietnam, dunno if you have it?; kinda of a retro night of fun, but tis normally 2142 night.

[MoX] is indeed the tags, and i'll phone you later and sort you out on ts; or if someone has access to the ip and password, could they PM him the details and talk him through it; and post here that they have done. If not, i'll do it later.

Anyway i'll give you a call later for a chat.

BTW, can an officer please start the official trial and give access please; thanks.

Inf.

Offline Khamele0n

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
BF2142 player
« Reply #17 on: 16 July, 2007, 02:53:48 pm »
Thanks tron, nah i never got into bf that early unfortunately. No worries il spend some time on 2142 unlockin something to stop those bloody goliaths!!
Sweet, I had a ts server at one point so i understand how to do it just dont know the password and stuff.  

Have a good battle tonight

ps. Oh u wna go see die hard or sumthin i'l drive?

(The Whole Nine Yards)

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
BF2142 player
« Reply #18 on: 16 July, 2007, 03:00:18 pm »
Quote from: Khamele0n
ps. Oh u wna go see die hard or sumthin i'l drive?

yeah defo, we'll discuss when when i phone you later.
 Peace,

Inf.

Offline Durin Danark

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
BF2142 player
« Reply #19 on: 16 July, 2007, 03:09:59 pm »
Admin can you give Kameleon, full access to forums!!

Kam you still will be on trial but you will have full access to forums.

Welcome again to MoX you will not regret it plus I play COH with Inf as well so should be fun!!!

DD

binomial-cheese