May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
[5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Request To Join Mox!  (Read 8098 times)

Offline jzf

• Noobler
    • http://
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #20 on: 25 January, 2008, 06:14:58 pm »
Quote from: Farrow
it's not just FPS.

Oh come on Farrow!  That's my exactly point.  I understand the need for these great measures of filtering and elitism in the WoW Guild, really I do.  You've got to filter out the time wasters and players who won't stick with you for very long, but our 2142 wing is no comparison at all.  We don't have resources to waste.  Any time we get a player to sign up who is squad friendly, then at least we get a good player to play with for that day.  Yes, it does matter when we're talking about Clan v Clan match ups, but that's got nothing to do with TS access (which is what this whole sign up crap is about).

If these rules were just for the FPS wing, then I'd never have joined.  I play this FPS for fun, I've got no illusions of grandeur and certainly no taste for elitism.
 I could have written a bullshit apology and this would have gone no further.  
I didn't.
I spent a lot of effort trying to explain myself.
That's respect.

Offline Carym

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #21 on: 25 January, 2008, 06:35:15 pm »
Quote from: jzf
Oh come on Farrow!  That's my exactly point.  I understand the need for these great measures of filtering and elitism in the WoW Guild, really I do.  You've got to filter out the time wasters and players who won't stick with you for very long, but our 2142 wing is no comparison at all.  We don't have resources to waste.  Any time we get a player to sign up who is squad friendly, then at least we get a good player to play with for that day.  Yes, it does matter when we're talking about Clan v Clan match ups, but that's got nothing to do with TS access (which is what this whole sign up crap is about).

If these rules were just for the FPS wing, then I'd never have joined.  I play this FPS for fun, I've got no illusions of grandeur and certainly no taste for elitism.
The 'sign up crap' as you put it is there for gaining access to MoX, not for access to a nice handy TS server.

If that is the only reason you are part of MoX, then I think you need to have a serious think about your reasons.

In many ways this sponsorship & trials system is actually more important for FPS than in MMORG due to the nature of the chat systems in game.
85 Druid

Offline jzf

• Noobler
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #22 on: 25 January, 2008, 06:37:40 pm »
That sounds like a fantastic idea.  So where do I send my mates to join the TS without bothering with the forum access?
« Last Edit: 25 January, 2008, 06:46:38 pm by jzf »
I didn't.
That's respect.

Offline Carym

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #23 on: 25 January, 2008, 06:42:00 pm »
That sounds like a fantastic idea.  So where do I send my mates to join the TS without bothering with the forum access?
You dont, we are not a free TS server.
85 Druid

Offline jzf

• Noobler
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #24 on: 25 January, 2008, 06:46:47 pm »
Just to clarify, I very definately only joined MoX because of the MoX players I met in Planetside, and I'm very definately only bothering to stay with MoX because of a very select few people who I enjoy spending time with.  MoX, the guild has always been a nightmare straight out of pencil pushing hell.  I had to actually convince my lot that Durin and co are worth the time and effort it takes to get in.

(he really is).
I didn't.
That's respect.

Offline Durin Danark

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #25 on: 25 January, 2008, 06:53:25 pm »
Again JZF the public forum is not the place to be discussing this mate and we should have a talk tonight to iron out your issues please try to keep the public area public and friendly and the private to discuss issues and tactics

DD

Aion: Expert Tailor 440/Alchemy 399.

Offline Farrow

• Administrator
  • Addict
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #26 on: 25 January, 2008, 08:11:32 pm »
I had to actually convince my lot that Durin and co are worth the time and effort it takes to get in.

Err... naa, that's too easy.

Sponsorship is in place for one main reason. If the person is worthy of getting into MoX, the people they play with can vouch for them and sponsor them. That way, we prevent people bad apples from getting in simply by not doing anything wrong, and instead get good applies that make a contribution and good impression to the membership.

We are aware of the situation regarding small games with few members, and those applications will possibly be treated slightly differently. I must say, however, that you've kinda been shooting yourself and your friends in the foot here, it doesn't make for a good impression.
I don't care who you are. When it comes to flying a Galaxy - better you than Ryu.

Offline Thorvid

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #27 on: 25 January, 2008, 09:00:32 pm »
That sounds like a fantastic idea. So where do I send my mates to join the TS without bothering with the forum access?

Just to clarify, I very definately only joined MoX because of the MoX players I met in Planetside, and I'm very definately only bothering to stay with MoX because of a very select few people who I enjoy spending time with. MoX, the guild has always been a nightmare straight out of pencil pushing hell. I had to actually convince my lot that Durin and co are worth the time and effort it takes to get in.

(he really is).

Then its settled I think.
I hope you will find a guild that suits your goals better.

Offline Wilbur Spoons

• Class in a very tall glass
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #28 on: 25 January, 2008, 09:26:42 pm »
Just to clarify, I very definately only joined MoX because of the MoX players I met in Planetside, and I'm very definately only bothering to stay with MoX because of a very select few people who I enjoy spending time with.  MoX, the guild has always been a nightmare straight out of pencil pushing hell.  I had to actually convince my lot that Durin and co are worth the time and effort it takes to get in.

(he really is).

Corny old saying but 'Love it or Leave it'. I for one am glad that the new measures are put in place to weed out people who want to take take take from MoX without wanting to give anything in return.

Offline Zarr

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #29 on: 25 January, 2008, 10:22:47 pm »
if anybody has anything to say, lets discuss this behind closed doors please  splato started a thread i think.

i realise these sponsorship measures may seem harsh, but THREE people really is not a lot. a recruit CAN activley get to know people and ASK for sponsors.
were looking for a bit of maturity and intelligence, not a "OMG LET ME IN KK" recruit.

Offline Chip

• 04. MoX News Team
  • Regular
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #30 on: 26 January, 2008, 12:09:11 pm »
Jni I will extend your Trial by 1 more week this would have been a 4 week trial at the end of this point.

So far only 1 sponcer has come forward and that is Durin. I would recomend trying to find me and having a chat with me on TS within this week i am on after 21:00 every week night and 1800 at weekends.
Chip AKA John in Real Life.

Offline Durin Danark

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #31 on: 26 January, 2008, 03:58:26 pm »
MikeNravo and JZF also sponsored him!!!

DD

Offline Chip

• 04. MoX News Team
  • Regular
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #32 on: 26 January, 2008, 04:56:05 pm »
Quote from: Durin Danark
MikeNravo and JZF also sponsored him!!!

DD

please read private chat!!

Neither have posted Sponsor posts mike has said he can sponsor but gave no reaons as required and JZF hasnt given either a request to sponsor or reasons.

Offline jni

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #33 on: 26 January, 2008, 05:05:01 pm »
Ive PM'd Mike asking him to post some reasons, and I'm sure JZF will when I get hold of him.

Offline Durin Danark

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #34 on: 26 January, 2008, 07:40:35 pm »
not a problem hope to see you tomorrow

DD

Offline jzf

• Noobler
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #35 on: 27 January, 2008, 10:20:56 am »
Okay two reasons to sponsor my own flesh and blood:

He's got this survival based attitude and a defib on hotkey.  He's never said that he's the best shot in the world, he never talks about headshots and dogtags, but every time I'm getting teabagged, he's no more than five feet away.  He deals with the problem, then he picks you up.  He's genuinely not a killwhore, and thats rare.

He's got Solid Snake on the brain.  He idolises the concept of The Good Soldier.  You've got a plan, he's in, no questions asked, he's already poking through cover towards the flag.  He doesn't drop what he was doing, he was waiting for a order because that's what his game is about.  At the moment he only tends to log on when I'm on, because he wants squadplay more than he wants to play the gme itself.

Flesh and Blood were two pretty good reasons.  He also knows were to find the spell checker, and he's got a cool sig.
I didn't.
That's respect.

Offline The Flange

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • In Space, no one can hear you fap!
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #36 on: 27 January, 2008, 01:10:11 pm »
They sound like good enough reasons to me.  
I R watching my virtual test pc finis..
Son of a bitch it just errored halfway that sentence....

Offline leary

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #37 on: 27 January, 2008, 07:54:49 pm »
Indeed, anyone with Solid Snake on the brain is a good player

Snake ftw!

Offline Syrilix

• Lurker
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #38 on: 28 January, 2008, 02:42:34 am »
Sponser

We need more players, players who can listen and players who can play as a team, both of JZF's brothers are nice lads and there a larf aswell as learning fast, more squad members the better.

@JZF.. All the regulations and council stuff, dont let it work you up mate, hell i bet not one of the council know me but ive been here for a good few months playing and pretty much all the FPS crew know me, it happens in larger gaming clans theres no point in ripping peoples heads off about it, move along people!

*picks up gun, gives WoW players a sword, some fireball spells, and tosses in Nefarian along with some Naxx + Hyjal and Kara bosses*

Sorry im late on this JZF, you know what im like, slow as hell! But i came through... i think
« Last Edit: 28 January, 2008, 02:48:00 am by Syrilix »
Better than Durin, JX, Nazgul, Mike selotaped together :D

Queen For the win! :)

Offline Chip

• 04. MoX News Team
  • Regular
Request To Join Mox!
« Reply #39 on: 28 January, 2008, 10:16:37 am »
Ok Recruit you have now received your third sponsor Congratulations When the admins wave thier Magic wand you will be allowed to enter the magical world of MoX on a Probationary Period.

Welcome