May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Gimhra - Priest application for WoW  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Dariah

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
Gimhra - Priest application for WoW
« on: 12 December, 2009, 10:20:57 pm »
Hey guys, posting this on behalf of a friend. Seems like he has some trouble registering on the forums.

D

---

Application for Gimhra, Holy Priest and abuser of AH

Character name: Gimhra
Class: Priest, Troll
Level: 80
Server: Grim Batol
Professions: Enchanting 450/ Tailoring 443   
/played (type it in WoW):
- way too long time... 83 days, 17 hours, 45 minutes and about 40 days on other chars.

Do you have Teamspeak? (voice communication is essential to our raiding, although it is not necessary to have a mic):
- I got Teamspeak, Ventrilo and Skype and can get anything else…

Would you be willing to change your build for the guild?
- Yeah sure. I don’t mind in which specc I’m healing as I like both discipline damage-mitigation healing and the holy AoE healing. Not a big fan of shadow but can specc into it if required.

How often do you play WoW (typical weekly playtime and which hours)?
- At the moment I play a few hours a day with the exception of Wednesday. I can play almost any time required. Usually I’m online from 17.00 to I get bored or something else comes up.

Our Raid times are from 20:00 to 0:00 server time with invites starting at 19:30, are you able to be available for the whole duration?
- Yes!

Have you been in another guild? Which one(s)?
- I was in a guild called SoH back in the TBC days but other than that I haven’t been in any guild on Grim Batol. I’m in a guild called “The Unit” on Nordrassil where I’ve been raiding WotlK content with my Death Knight on alliance side.

Post a link to a profile so we can see your equipment, or post your equipment along with your application. World of Warcraft Armory is sufficient in most cases.
- http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...ol&n=Gimhra
Resistance gear of note:

Please list your relevant raid experience, stating which encounters you have personal experience of at the current level cap.
- I’ve cleared all 10 man content except ICC and ToGC (and EoE as noone cba to go there) and done 3/5 25 ToC, 25 Naxx and 25 VoA.

IMPORTANT:

Now when you´re done with the "basics", we´re on to what´s important in the application! Here we want you to explain a little about different aspects of your character and the game, so we can ensure you are suitable.

So, write a few sentences about:

Talents:

Atm I’m deep holy specced with Divine Guardian as I’ve recently rediscovered the awesomeness of the holy tree. I’m also Discipline PvP specced for the occasional fun stuff in BG’s and arena.
My holy specc is just an ordinary specc without lightwell but with all the stuff required to make some good AoE heal and some big heals for sigle target healing.

Gear:

I love to raid and I therefore venture towards the best gear I can get in time, though not hardcore I still want to improve when able to. Being (holy) priest the stats I’m aiming for is spirit, SP, crit, haste and int on my gear. I always gem and enchant my gear with the best available (except the low lvl stuff I still have).  With all that being said I’m there for the fun and see the bosses die rather than gear (though I do love those silly purple items).

Guild:

I got a few friends in Mox, some which has been with you a while, and they all talk about a really cool and social guild with a big member base reaching from casual social people to a more determined raiding-oriented core of people. I ofcourse want to be with my friends but in general I think that the whole concept is cool and it’s awesome you can make it function. I wish to Raid and gear up and take all the ICC bosses down and I want to be part of a social guild were people actually talk to each other.

What are your goals in wow, what do you want to achieve and how long do you plan to keep playing?
- I intend to play until Blizzard throw down their hands and there is nothing left to play. My goal is to see the new content and enjoy my time with friends online, that being farming heroics, achievement hunting, raiding etc.

Additional Information:

Confirmation that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the MoX Charter: Yes

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your application or that you would like us to know?

I’m not a hardcore raider at all but I consider myself a skilled and an experienced player trough all aspects of the game. I’ve been tanking, DPS’ing and healing almost all of it and I know how to use my brain and wits when I play. I would love to join your guild and get to learn a lot of new people and players and to have fun and be with my friends alike.

Gimhra

Offline Dariah

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #1 on: 12 December, 2009, 11:45:03 pm »
Needless to say, i'm vouching for this guy. RL mate of mine, and my roomie atm. He's doing wonders with his ally DK, and is improving his healing skills and gear over here by the day. Most importantly though, i'm sure he has some MoX spirit hidden away just waiting to pop out and sing on TS

Hope you make it through mate!

Offline Carym

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: 13 December, 2009, 12:23:59 pm »
Yes due to spammage from bot account ctreation, validation is set to manual so it does take a little longer & we generally have to know someone is coming so that it gets flagged for the admins to validate.

I have done said flagging & the account should be validated soon.

Once he is able to please get him to post a hello in this thread & we can see what's what.

Also in the mean time, get him to try catch myself, Dobs or Paul in game for a chat about what he's after in terms of raiding & such.
85 Druid

Offline Behindu

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 13 December, 2009, 01:14:00 pm »
Account should be validated now

Offline Gimhra

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • Voting for more radiation in cereal products!
« Reply #4 on: 13 December, 2009, 01:36:53 pm »
My problem was that after getting the registration email I couldn't even log in at all, and have read how it should function, I thought it was bugged since I expected to at least being able to log on to my account according to the manual validation.

And totally understandable about the manual validation...

Well...Hello and hi and nice to finally be here

As written in the application I'm gearing myself up for raiding atm since I'm really enjoying it, but my only real experience is in 10 man raiding where I've cleared all pre-patch content.  It would be awesome to get to raid 25 man content at some point, and with the raid times and attendance you require I hope it will be possible as the guild progress.

Sorry about being impatient and getting Dariah to post for me I just got fed up with pug raiding yesterday and got a total meltdown, rushing to your forum to sign up

So...looking forward to hear from you and I'll get Dariah to point you out ingame for a chat.

Gimhra
« Last Edit: 13 December, 2009, 03:16:06 pm by Gimhra »
Slowly taking over the Philippines.. gangnam style!

Gimhra - lvl 85 Priest .. THE priest, not like the rest of you wannabees! (feeling sligthly overconfident)

Offline Gore

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #5 on: 13 December, 2009, 05:08:20 pm »
A big vouch from me aswell.

Apart from knowing him on real life, i have also been running alot of hc's with Gimhra the last couple of months. Based on (almost) never dying, despite Dariah's suicide dps'ing, i can highly recommend him for the guild. Plus he is a cool and relaxed guy, and... he can actually make cookies!!

Only real drawback is that he has played a gnome... bit hey, noone is perfect.
« Last Edit: 13 December, 2009, 05:10:33 pm by Gore »
Goresh - 80 Resto/Balance druid
Gorelag - 80 Prot/Arms warrior
Anarith - 72 Ret/Holy paladin
Kaelthar - 71 Frost mage

Offline Carym

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: 14 December, 2009, 12:53:07 am »
Trial started 13/12/09