Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: reason for leaving  (Read 8120 times)

Offline Gunganator

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
reason for leaving
« on: 04 June, 2009, 01:16:06 pm »
well i'll try keep this short and sweet, don't want to bore you all do i.

i joined mox over a year ago for the COD4 section, it didn't last forever as expected with any game of it's nature. however i found once it had ended i was feeling less like a member of mox. there was very few people i spoke to in caparison to the numbers of mox members to start with, this however just seemed to get worse and not better. I tried on several occassions joining in with other games being played by mox. this didn't help in the slightest, as i felt like even more of an outsider because i was playing catch up. the only game where this didn't occur was WAR! but i had to stop playing that due to RL issues.

So after a year my only real attachment to mox was EVE. I no longer frequented TS as much as i used to because the people i knew were either in other games, or they just didnt come into TS themselves anymore. and on the occassions i did find some people in TS to talk to they were sharing the channel with some people whom i might say had attitudes and ways of voicing themselves that was less than desirable.

So EVE it was, i found myself on many occassions having a laugh with the other mox members in the mox channel, and quite happy with that. of course i wanted more but it was better then nothing. At every chance i had i attempted to improve the game for new members of mox trying the game, whether it was advice or isk or actually help with misisons etc. this sometimes came at a considerable cost to myself (don't worry platic i forgive you the loss of my golem  ), but i never complained or bitched about it.... much.

well recently with the acceptance as EVE an official game of mox everything looked like it was actually going to be more fun with mox than ive had in a year or so. however with the way some have behaved within EVE recently expecially when you are only trying to help them. and they refuse to explain themselves properly and get nasty with you because it turns out they are suffering in the end not from a game bug, or a glitch etc. they are actually in fact suffering from an intented game mechanic, and because they dont like it getting aggressive with people like myself because they genuinely thought it was a bug they were refering to. and they dont like it when you explain it isnt a bug but intended and easily avoidable if they just pay a little attention.

I took the decission to leave at that point, I have no patients for that in the one game i have always played since 2004. i refuse to allow members of mox to destroy that game for me too. there are members that have stopped me from playing other games due to their attitudes. there are definately members that helped me decide not to frequent TS anymore. and to be honest it will only get worse. you can sweep this under the carpet and forget i ever posted it. you may even delete this and make out like it was never posted. but it wont change one simple fact. Mox is going to die a slow painful death over the coming years unless changes are made, and made for the better. it would seem from some of the personal messages i have recieved i am not the only one feeling this way. there are others whom have been in mox far longer then me, and that is the only reason they havent left yet.

So take this as a warning, all is not well in mox. and people are feeling like myself but it is only some hope things will change that is keeping them from following me. Suppose if i had been a member for several years i wouldn't of been so quick to jump ship, but i suspect i won't be the last.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

If brain power were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to run an ants go-kart around the inside of a doughnut

Offline Farrow

• Administrator
  • Addict
reason for leaving
« Reply #1 on: 04 June, 2009, 02:05:25 pm »
Gung, if you've had people being agressive or nasty in any way to you, could you please give some details to myself or another councillor?

We can't get rid of bad apples if people don't tell us who they are.
I don't care who you are. When it comes to flying a Galaxy - better you than Ryu.

Offline Tinbum

• Hair Captain
  • 04. MoX News Team
  • Regular
  • Keep away from the WoW cave!
reason for leaving
« Reply #2 on: 04 June, 2009, 02:17:12 pm »
Nice to see you posted mate and didnt just dissapear. You have been a huge help to me and i appreciate every bit of advice you have given. You have gone out of your way to help members of mox and for that you have my full respect.

Again im sorry to see you go and i understand your reasons fully.

Offline Bluejak

• Token, PhD
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
reason for leaving
« Reply #3 on: 04 June, 2009, 04:22:30 pm »
When you left, no body knew why. I wondered why you left, and then I figured that the only reason you left was the same reason nobody that plays eve and that is in mox would join our corp. The reason was they have much more to do and have much more fun in a settled corp. Why leave a corp when you actually have a group of people who can do the same thing as you. Its hard to run a corp of just new players and soloing hard missions by yourself or wanting to be a pirate in 0.0, or having a large mining ops fleet.

The MoX corp would have never taken off as you thought it would, theres only 3, maybe 4, active eve players. And you was asking to have those 3 or 4 people carry a game that is just not supported by the larger crowd. To make mox corp in to a corp that is settled and as good as the other corps in game takes years to become good and able in Eve.

You could have just left on a good note. But no you just couldn't.

MoX will never die. Members come and go, you can't stop that from happening, but there will always be friends that will never leave because they have a place they can talk, play games, and have fun. Just because you didn't make friends, doesn't mean others can't. In a large community as this, you have to treat it as RL, you just have to be sociable to be successful.

Have fun on all your Eve adventure and future gaming.
Hope one of these months, probably take years, I can do the high level stuff and play the "real" side of Eve.
« Last Edit: 04 June, 2009, 04:27:57 pm by Bluejak »
Optimist: "The glass is half full."
Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."
Engineer: "That glass is twice as large as it needs to be"

I love noodles

Offline Tinbum

• Hair Captain
  • 04. MoX News Team
  • Regular
reason for leaving
« Reply #4 on: 04 June, 2009, 04:54:30 pm »
Quote from: Bluejak
When you left, no body knew why. I wondered why you left, and then I figured that the only reason you left was the same reason nobody that plays eve and that is in mox would join our corp. The reason was they have much more to do and have much more fun in a settled corp. Why leave a corp when you actually have a group of people who can do the same thing as you. Its hard to run a corp of just new players and soloing hard missions by yourself or wanting to be a pirate in 0.0, or having a large mining ops fleet.

The MoX corp would have never taken off as you thought it would, theres only 3, maybe 4, active eve players. And you was asking to have those 3 or 4 people carry a game that is just not supported by the larger crowd. To make mox corp in to a corp that is settled and as good as the other corps in game takes years to become good and able in Eve.

MoX will never die. Members come and go, you can't stop that from happening, but there will always be friends that will never leave because they have a place they can talk, play games, and have fun. Just because you didn't make friends, doesn't mean others can't. In a large community as this, you have to treat it as RL, you just have to be sociable to be successful.

Hope one of these months, probably take years, I can do the high level stuff and play the "real" side of Eve.

Blu id just like to point out the corp is running just as intended and we have a few more than 3 or 4 active players, and i dont think it will take years, it will just take dedication and team-work

Offline Gunganator

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
reason for leaving
« Reply #5 on: 04 June, 2009, 08:02:37 pm »
Quote from: Bluejak

WTF! if i read that right you have some sort of misguided impression it is related to mox corp being crap or something. well all i can say is why you even in the corp if that how you feel about it?

let me make this VERY clear for you bluejak and anyone else whom may have been misguided, i didnt leave mox because of the corp, i didnt leave mox because it will take work and effort to build up the corp. I left because the last bastion of fun i have is gonna end up being spoiled by people with bad attitudes, that i would just like to kick from the corp and can't because they are members of mox and it needs doing through proper channels etc. TBH i play a game for it to be fun, and my idea of fun was to build a corp from scratch. i didnt want to spend more time mediating or going through hell to get people whom are spoiling the game removed. than actually playing the game, so i removed the problem the easiest way i could, I LEFT Instead.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

If brain power were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to run an ants go-kart around the inside of a doughnut

Offline Exigo

• Pit Master
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • I'm Gonna Tolerate & Love The SHIT Outta You
    • My deviantArt page
reason for leaving
« Reply #6 on: 04 June, 2009, 08:09:17 pm »
I would like to know who these ppl that have behaved badly are. Hopefully this can be solved peacefully. On that note can ppl please read what you intend to post twice so that you dont offend someone
"Incoming fire has the right of way." | "Friendly fire - isn't."
"If at first you don't succeed, call in an air strike." | "Recoilless rifles - aren't."
"Sniper's motto: reach out and touch someone." | "Suppressive fire - won't."

Offline Bluejak

• Token, PhD
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
reason for leaving
« Reply #7 on: 04 June, 2009, 09:28:32 pm »
Sent a PM instead.
« Last Edit: 04 June, 2009, 09:28:46 pm by Bluejak »
Optimist: "The glass is half full."
Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."
Engineer: "That glass is twice as large as it needs to be"

I love noodles

Offline War

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
reason for leaving
« Reply #8 on: 05 June, 2009, 12:39:46 am »
Shame you have to leave mate, but best of luck in future gaming, was fun talking to you when you were on TS back in the Cod4 days.  
« Last Edit: 05 June, 2009, 12:40:05 am by War »

Offline Civill

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
reason for leaving
« Reply #9 on: 05 June, 2009, 02:01:57 am »
Quote from: Exigo
I would like to know who these ppl that have behaved badly are. Hopefully this can be solved peacefully. On that note can ppl please read what you intend to post twice so that you dont offend someone

Amen, would prefer it if things were solved and not have members leaving  for unclear reasons, leaving us wondering wtf happened :S

Offline Raglaum

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
    • http://
reason for leaving
« Reply #10 on: 05 June, 2009, 12:06:58 pm »
Shame to see you go that soon, we just getting started
But could you plz explain a bit what you mean with people with a bad attitude ?
As far I have seen, there haven't been any problems, everyone is having fun, everyone tries to help eachother.
Ok, we could start more interacting with eachother, but that will come soon.

Offline Avocaz

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • This is not the Moxie you are looking for
    • Age of Avo
reason for leaving
« Reply #11 on: 05 June, 2009, 03:00:35 pm »
i can confirm that there has been some not-so-nice behaviour and i know for a fact other people have noticed it too....              

TOONS:
Planet Side: Avocaz  |  WoW: Avocazarr  |  WaR: Avocaz 
BF2/BF2142/BFBC2: Avocaz   |  AO: Avocadikus / Shivalara
EvE: Avocazo / Avo Lina / Karla Koppela / Bootaki / Spunkius Haratu
PSN : Avocaz | Xbox Live : Avocazz

Offline ZombieB

• Administrator
  • Addict
reason for leaving
« Reply #12 on: 05 June, 2009, 03:04:17 pm »
Quote from: Farrow
Gung, if you've had people being agressive or nasty in any way to you, could you please give some details to myself or another councillor?

We can't get rid of bad apples if people don't tell us who they are.

What he said.
Also known as Bullborn.
The cake is real, but there is no spoon.
"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential" - Winston Churchill

Offline Civill

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
reason for leaving
« Reply #13 on: 05 June, 2009, 05:14:25 pm »
Quote from: Avocaz
i can confirm that there has been some not-so-nice behaviour and i know for a fact other people have noticed it too....

We playing charades avo?

Offline Tinbum

• Hair Captain
  • 04. MoX News Team
  • Regular
reason for leaving
« Reply #14 on: 06 June, 2009, 01:53:50 am »
Yeah man, that bloody Garista chap and his brothers keep shooting at me.....if you guys could do something id love you for ever  

Gung...i miss you

Offline FallenEncore

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
reason for leaving
« Reply #15 on: 13 June, 2009, 08:48:59 pm »
Gung if you read this any time soon im doing the trial my charas called Ariolin got a kestrel atm
I should have WTF!? tattooed on my forehead

"Curse you Sudden but Forseable Betrail"->Wash Firefly[/color]
Winner - MoX Non-Stop Talk Radio - MMX 2008
Winner - MoX Duel Syncronize Loss of Glasses on  a water slide - MM 2009

Offline Gunganator

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
reason for leaving
« Reply #16 on: 13 June, 2009, 08:58:02 pm »
i dont read these forums anymore because nobody loves me.

Albert Einstein

Offline FallenEncore

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
reason for leaving
« Reply #17 on: 13 June, 2009, 09:05:03 pm »
Quote from: Gunganator

i do.. just not in a Graham Norten way
I should have WTF!? tattooed on my forehead

"Curse you Sudden but Forseable Betrail"->Wash Firefly[/color]
Winner - MoX Non-Stop Talk Radio - MMX 2008
Winner - MoX Duel Syncronize Loss of Glasses on  a water slide - MM 2009

Offline Civill

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
reason for leaving
« Reply #18 on: 13 June, 2009, 10:20:10 pm »
Quote from: Gunganator

Come back you melodramatic mong  we miss you...w're running missions together now.

Theres like 5 people doing missions in the same system...just done a level 3 with tinbum tanking and me maxwell trav and Chip doing damage.

Offline Gunganator

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
reason for leaving
« Reply #19 on: 13 June, 2009, 10:33:06 pm »
OMG chips playing, well im quiting. not playing same game as him he's a jynx, any game he plays dies.

Albert Einstein