May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Hello Read want to ask u all somthing :/  (Read 3182 times)

Offline Thering

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
Hello Read want to ask u all somthing :/
« on: 06 November, 2008, 07:56:32 pm »
Hey i have been thinking much abut this but i still not know how to tell u guys
but i have a feeling that u guys dont want me around here or somthing like that
and u guys dont speak so much to me  :/
i dont know how this happend if all things change after my Accident or other things :/

Sorry my english

Offline Gunganator

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #1 on: 06 November, 2008, 08:30:08 pm »
well i would say the big issue is exacly what i could claim. but in all fairness to everyone else they can only interact as much as you allow. look at both our post counts they are not exactly the largest. i do suspect if you posted more you would get more people talking back. unless there is something that i dont know about, i would really think it's your own doing.
« Last Edit: 06 November, 2008, 08:31:38 pm by Gunganator »

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

If brain power were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to run an ants go-kart around the inside of a doughnut

Offline Thering

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #2 on: 06 November, 2008, 08:53:15 pm »
yes  i know but i dont have much to talk abut
:/

Offline Wilbur Spoons

• Class in a very tall glass
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
« Reply #3 on: 06 November, 2008, 08:56:06 pm »
What? So we are just supposed to randomly post messages to you for the sake of it now to help you with your ego?

Huh?

Offline Joxer

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 06 November, 2008, 09:39:08 pm »
Not sure if your fairly new to MoX as, ironically I have not noticed you about on the forums before

I understand though if you are new that it can be tricky sometimes to find your place within a community of people who have known each other a while and built up strong bonds.  

<< TRUE STORY ALERT >>

Had a similiar experience with a guild I joined on WoW many years back.  For the first month I kept my head down, and was very careful what I said for fear of being misinterpreted or drawing negative attention to myself.  As a result I ended up saying very little at all, alienated myself and generally felt a bit excluded.  

After 2 months of raiding with them, and a raid attendance of 100%, my Class Officer still had not promoted me to "Raider Rank" and I only had two people in the whole guild I spoke to, so I decided I would be more social within the guild rather than worrying about how I came across.  

I started posting a lot on forums, joining in with conversations in guild chat and taking part in the usual friendly banter and piss taking.  Within six weeks I had actually been given the position of Rogue Officer Assistant, and two weeks after that when the Rogue Officer switched his main to Shaman, I was nominated by him and the other guildies to take over his Officer position.  Also made a lot of really great friends, some of which I still talk to now, despite leaving the guild a long time ago.

<< STORY ALERT ENDED >>

I doubt very much that people "don't want you around" and I do agree with Gung.  Post more on forums, maybe get involved in a couple of other MoX games to meet more people.  If you don't have much to talk about then find something to talk about.  Chat about a new game that's coming out your interested in, or politics or maybe a hobby..or even just post funny pictures of lolcats...everyone loves lolcats!!

DISCLAIMER: Joxer will not be held legally or morally responsible for any mass spamming of lolcatz threads as a result of this post.
« Last Edit: 06 November, 2008, 09:54:21 pm by Joxer »

Offline Wilbur Spoons

• Class in a very tall glass
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
« Reply #5 on: 06 November, 2008, 10:38:45 pm »
Ring has been round for a few years Joxer, however he is too young to access the member forums and as a result pops up on the public from time to time to check in on us. Recently he had a life threatening accident, and has, I am pleased to say, recovered from it.

However, as I say, he hasn't got full access as he isnt officially a member of MoX and will have to game with us and apply when he reaches the required age.
« Last Edit: 06 November, 2008, 10:39:52 pm by Wilbur Spoons »

Offline Joxer

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 06 November, 2008, 10:45:16 pm »
Ah I see, in that case just be as active in game as possible, get involved in groups and discussions whenever you can and help people out with stuff.

Offline Dr HR

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #7 on: 06 November, 2008, 10:52:30 pm »
Quote from: Wilbur Spoons
I am pleased to say, recovered from it.

^^ Aye glad to see u still alive n kicking

i can understand where everyone is coming from. its one of those weird things even i suffer from (depending on situation).

but i do argee tht perhaps gaming with more people can help. i mean thts what happened to me in cox, at first i was only taking to the odd person or 2 then spoke abit more. (normally about jipper japper ) and got to know more in game. then spoke to others on forums. i know ur situation is different, so maybe u could speak to ppl on posts tht u might have a thought of.
for example if u read other ppls posts u must have some sort of thought even if its "lol true" it might not be much but gets u going.
it isnt cos we dont want u. if none of us liked u we wouldnt go about ignoring u till u left. we'd talk about it.
« Last Edit: 06 November, 2008, 10:52:55 pm by End Newt »
Playing City of Heroes/Villains or Going Rogue? Then PM // Add me @hardRider

binomial-cheese