May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Resto druid OR Blood/frost tank dk  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Testjee

• Lurker
Resto druid OR Blood/frost tank dk
« on: 23 February, 2010, 04:12:30 pm »
Hey guys, at first thanks for taking time to look at my topic. I got two characters I want to apply with, but I can only raid with one. They are both quite equally geared and ofcourse equally skilled . I just want to know which char you prefer in the guild. Cheers!

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
 Character name: Testjee / Nekschot
 Class:  Druid / Death Knight
 Level: 80
 Server: Grim Batol
 Professions: Skinning-Enchanting / Mining-Blacksmitting
 /played (type it in WoW): 40 days / 11 days (at this lvl)

Do you have Teamspeak? (voice communication is essential to our raiding, although it is not necessary to have a mic):
 I do have Teamspeak + Ventrilo + Microphone + Voice + Braveness to speak

Would you be willing to change your build for the guild?
 Ofcourse

How often do you play WoW (typical weekly playtime and which hours)?  
 I play it a lot, also when I am being half AFK (for instance if I have to make something for school). The actual playtime in raids should be around 20 hours I think, and then mostly when I am done with school, after dinner (so starting from around 19:00)

Our Raid times are from 20:00 to 0:00 server time with invites starting at 19:30, are you able to be available for the whole duration?
 Yes I will, though I may be late on sundays but that is very rarely

Have you been in another guild? Which one(s)?  
 Hmhm, in Tribal, Volunteer Work and after some small and 'fast' guilds...

Post a link to a profile so we can see your equipment, or post your equipment along with your application. World of Warcraft Armory is sufficient in most cases.
 Druid:
 http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...&cn=Testjee
 Death Knight:
 http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...amp;cn=Nekschot

Resistance gear of note:
 ?
 Please list your relevant raid experience, stating which encounters you have personal experience of at the current level cap.
 Got experience of the first two wings of ICC (so that is till Putricide). For the rest I did ToGC10 till last boss and all the lower raids including a full clear of Naxx and Ulduar (except for 2 bosses).

IMPORTANT:

Now when you´re done with the "basics", we´re on to what´s important in the application! Here we want you to explain a little about different aspects of your character and the game, so we can ensure you are suitable.

So, write a few sentences about:

Talents:

Explain why you´re using the spec you are, what specs you´ve tried, and why you came to the conclusion that this specs suits you the best.

Druid:
 Hmm well I have been trying out several specs and also looked at other specs and in the end this one looks the best. It has some nice mana regeneration and also took the Nature's Grace talent from the balance tree to roll my hots faster.

Death Knight:
 Well this char doesn't got an offspec, because I need to use both my specs ^^. Frost is a nice spec for trash, it was a quite easy to make build and it includes good defensive stats and it takes longer before my health goes down. Blood on the other side gives me more HP and also more survivability because of Vamipiric Blood and the ability to selfheal.

Gear:

Talk a bit about what gear you´re aiming for, this is EXTREMELY important for those without good gear. Basically just give us a list of what gear you´re aiming to get (what you think is the best possible gear for your class+spec). Where is your current equipment lacking now?

Druid:
 My gear isn't really lacking, but i am aiming for the tier 10.5 (264) - set. People say it doesn't got a good bonus but my thoughts are really different about that. The chance to let the Rejuv jump over is pretty low yes, but if you calculate how many ticks you make with rejuv over the whole fight is mathematically pretty good. Oh I forgot to say, I am aiming to get the Sliver of Ice trinket from the first boss in ICC because my trinket i got now is pretty... bad

Death Knight:
 The only piece I am really missing are the hands, which are 'low' atm (232). I am hoping to find a drop in VoA for that. I am not really longing for set bonuses on my DK, so I will just grab what i need. Though i am focussing on getting my Parry higher

Guild:

Why you want to join MoX, what type of guild you´re looking for, and what you´re looking for in a guild.
 WoW:
 I have been in several guilds now. In most of them I spend some time in it to get to know people and bringing good raid experience (I even was the GM of the guild Volunteer Work). Sadly all the guilds I have been in have been disbanded... So I am looking for a long(er)-lasting guild to join so I at least don't do a lot of work for nothing. Oh and ofcourse to just start good raiding again and have fun .

What are your goals in wow, what do you want to achieve and how long do you plan to keep playing?
 I want to at least clear ICC one time and finish my Ulduar hardmodes, besides that I am pretty casual. It's ok for me if i lose a roll or that I am not getting gear, they are just 'graphics' hehe. No but seriously, I am playing this for fun and I hope to achieve a good time . And I am not even close to thinking of getting bored, so I won't stop playing it soon

Additional Information:

Confirmation that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the MoX Charter: Yes

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your application or that you would like us to know?                                       

Yeah, me and Yrrech got a bromance :$

THANKS!

Offline Testjee

• Lurker
« Reply #1 on: 26 February, 2010, 05:49:31 pm »
am i gonna get any responses?

Offline Carym

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: 26 February, 2010, 07:03:47 pm »
We apologise for the delay, the reason being that your application was being discussed. As you will know from reading the info at the top of this forum we are an 18+ guild, your application plus the fact you already know someone (albeit on trial himself) led to us giving you consideration where you would normally have not had any.

However seeing that it is still 5 months until you turn 18 we will regretfully say that we cannot offer you a trial at this time, however if you are interested we would be happy to start a trial at or a couple of weeks before your birthday.

Again sorry for the delay, but this was only so that we could discuss your application.
« Last Edit: 26 February, 2010, 07:05:19 pm by Carym »
85 Druid

Offline Testjee

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: 27 February, 2010, 12:47:00 am »
Oh.. I see

No problem, didn't know my age would play such a big role into this as i have seen people over 20 who acted like teenagers but it's fully your call

Thanks for the reply!