May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: CoX Application  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Eisis

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
CoX Application
« on: 17 June, 2008, 09:58:26 pm »
Hi there

Think I may have done things a bit backwards but joined MoX on Union server a couple of days ago and now am requesting full membership (or at least the trial!) )

Played with several MoX members over the past couple of days and seem to be the friendly and active SG that I've been looking for.

Global Name: @Eisis
REAL Name ): Geoff
Main/usual in-game name: Shrill Kill and Meddik (both members of MoX (Union)) and, to a lesser extent, Boy Avenger and Killer Joule
Age: 35 (but don't be fooled, I'm a complete noob at all this - only been playing since Feb 2008)
Name of the game the recruit is applying to: predominantly City of Heroes (haven't really given City of Villains much of a go)
Gaming interests: first MMORPG that I've ever played as have always been more of a comic geek than fantasy fan so, along with an interest in strategy/sim/shooter games,  CoX fits me to a tee.  Enjoy straight playing than badge hunting, power levelling,etc...but happy to help others who ARE into the other aspects of CoX.  Other than that, have playing Star Wars: Empire At War/Forces Of Corruption and Empire Earth 3 (simple but fun, what can I say?  i was big Populous nerd on the Atari ST!  THAT ages me) )
Details of any other guilds/clans the recruit is currently a member of: none
Why the recruit is applying to join MoX: Have been looking for a friendly, helpful and active SG since I started in February and MoX seems to fit the bill perfectly.  Been good to play alongside a team that obviously get along, and are patient and helpful with newer players which, despite being one myself, ties in with how i play the game.  Also seem like a good bunch of people and it would be great to increase my circle of contacts on CoX so as to mutually benefit both MoX, the team I'm on, and my own play.
What the recruit can offer MoX: I'm a willing team player, on reguarly, and willing to team up with pretty much anyone who needs a blaster or a healer (as I explained before, I play for the fun, social aspect, and enjoy helping out newer/lower level players in the same way that I have been helped).  Have a good sense of humour (but a bit dark and sick but am used to people telling me if i have gone too far) )  Also, am not motivated by getting trhe most influence or greatest enhancements I can, and so am willing to give out what i have if it is in the best interests of the team I'm on, or (in this case) the SG I'm in.  Gave away a recipe to someone who wanted it and then found it would have been worth about 60million Inf.....was i bothered? not in the slightest.  my only 'extravagance' with Influence is Single origin enhancements and costume parts (we have to look good don't we?)
Confirmation that the recruit has read, understood and agrees to abide by the MoX Charter.: 'tis done

think that's it.  let me know what my next step is and may probably see you in Paragon City soon!  As i said, im a bit of a noob to MMOs inn general so if i have forgotten anything, drop me a line.  also, have downloaded Teamspeak but have no idea how to use it but I will cross that bridge should i come to it.

Geoff

Offline Tinky

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
CoX Application
« Reply #1 on: 17 June, 2008, 10:16:14 pm »
id like support this as he a friendly helpfull person that works as a team

can i be the first to say hi and nice to see you make it to the forums
if there's anything i can do to help this Geoff make full member ship pls PM me and ill be happy to help

and welcome Geoff the CoX is short a Cap at the min so this may be a little piss balling round but pls bear with it.

tinky
You laugh because I'm different...........
I laugh cause I just farted!

Offline Black Momma

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
    • http://
CoX Application
« Reply #2 on: 17 June, 2008, 10:46:45 pm »
Welcome mate nice to see you here...You know me as Ellevise.

Teamed with Geoff a few times now and he seems like a really nice chap, and is always happy to help out.

Look forward to teaming with you again.

See you in game x

Offline Infinitron

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Hero for hire
CoX Application
« Reply #3 on: 17 June, 2008, 11:53:45 pm »
Ok first off, lovely application.

Quote from: Eisis
Hi there
...I'm a complete noob at all this - only been playing since Feb 2008...
...predominantly City of Heroes (haven't really given City of Villains much of a go)...
...costume parts (we have to look good don't we?)...

Loving this man already!
I been playing for 2 years of paid time (4 years on and off) and am still much noob in many aspects. I'm a CoH man myself - i like being good.
And dont even get me started on costumes, i spent more on cozzies than Evil does on IO's (you'll understand that soon enough).

Welcome to MoX, catch me @infinitron, said hello tonight; i'm an SG leader hero-side. Saw you were teaming with Pious, he's not MoX, but is a great guy; so your getting some good contacts.

Hope to team with you soon, and feel free to ask any questions if you have them, pretty darn friendly bunch.

Inf.

Tentatively Starting Trial (still unsure if i'm allowed to atm) - 17/06/2008
Still alive (as of 31/10/2016)

Offline Rawhide

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • Live it, love it!
CoX Application
« Reply #4 on: 18 June, 2008, 06:42:23 am »
Glad to see you on here mate, Im @rawhide or @rawhide2  you know me only as Elli Mental at the moment, but you'll soon come to learn that I'm a full on Altoholic with many alter ego's on both sides of the fence.

I'll put in word for official sponsorship now if i may, Geoff has been nothing but polite(1)*, funny(2)* and an excellent team member(3)* so far and I have no reason to doubt he'll fit in with MoX as if he'd always been here.

We'll get you on teamspeak soon enough - even if you don't have a mic you can listen to us moan about our tank's and healers

*  I numbered the reasons in case anyone missed them

"I have always been a small Flan" - Maxwell

Offline Durin Danark

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
CoX Application
« Reply #5 on: 18 June, 2008, 09:07:04 am »
Hi matey I teamed with you a few times with your healer you seem nice and helpful, easy to get along with and have a laugh. I'd like to sponsor you for sure.

@Durin Danark

If you need anything give me a shout, Inf, team, or just for a laugh

DD

Aion: Expert Tailor 440/Alchemy 399.

Offline Raging Speedhorn

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
CoX Application
« Reply #6 on: 18 June, 2008, 12:33:10 pm »
Welcome to MoX mate, you'll fit in fine with an attitude like that. My global is @Raging but you'll recognise me as all my characters are called Raging [insert name here] and they all look the same, that's extreamely cooler than anyone else, ever.

Offline Sparks

• Can't find sprint
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Love many, trust a few learn 2 paddle ur own canoe
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/carisone
CoX Application
« Reply #7 on: 18 June, 2008, 01:09:58 pm »
Welcome!

Teamed with you yesterday and look forward to teaming with you more.

My global is @Sparks.

« Last Edit: 18 June, 2008, 01:10:21 pm by Sparks »
'I'd far rather be happy than right any day'

Offline Evil Menace

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
CoX Application
« Reply #8 on: 18 June, 2008, 01:51:11 pm »
Hi and welcome mate, we teamed a few times and it's been good fun. You'll catch me on Cryonix or Mentally Insane on Hero side or a dozen of Villains.

My Globals : @Evil Menace and @Golden Rage

Have fun and i'll cya around

Evil

Quote from: Infinitron
i spent more on cozzies than Evil does on IO's

LOL Inf

Offline Eisis

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
CoX Application
« Reply #9 on: 18 June, 2008, 02:46:40 pm »
cheers me dears!

hope to be on later so may team with some of you then, if not tonight, sometime soon. as i said, although its only been a few months, i have tried other SGs that claim to be active and friendly, yet THIS is the only one that has followed through (that sounds so wrong...)  (i mean, of course, 'on the promise of friendliness and activity', not in the 'bio-related' way, though if thats your thing, all power to you)!  

cya all soon, and feel free to nick my insps and enhancements and salvage and recipes, just 'keep your filthy paws off my silky drawers' (as it were) as my cossies cost a bomb at the Striga Isle Dry-Cleaners.

geoff
@Eisis (actually named for my Ice Tanker - she's rubbish but ... bless her ... she tries)
« Last Edit: 18 June, 2008, 03:45:32 pm by Eisis »