Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: WoW application MiÐaz lvl 80 rogue  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Midaz

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
WoW application MiÐaz lvl 80 rogue
« on: 22 January, 2009, 12:19:21 am »
ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
Nick:
Midaz
Class:  Rogue
Level: 80
Server: Grim Batol
Professions: Mining / engineering - none maxed but lvling mining fast atm to gain a steady and decent income for raid flasks etc
/played (type it in WoW): 40 days just about

Do you have Teamspeak? (voice communication is essential to our raiding, although it is not necessary to have a mic):
I have a mic, TS and an A+ in english

Would you be willing to change your build for the guild?
I am currently utilizing a combat pve spec that im quite happy with as it fits my gear really well, but i have been itching to try a muti/HaT spec for some time so wouldnt mind respeccing at all.

How often do you play WoW (typical weekly playtime and which hours)?
Most days evenings, mondays n wednesdays + a few thursdays once in a while i prolly wont be able to make raid times, but the rest of the week it shouldnt be an issue to attend raids.
Our Raid times are from 20:00 to 0:00 server time with invites starting at 19:30, are you able to be available for the whole duration? Sir yes sir!
Have you been in another guild? Which one(s)?  
Gimp and Lege Artis, both of em lacking a decent core and environment to make a player want to stick around. Hope to get some "casual serious" raiding in, and some good wow buddies.
Post a link to a profile so we can see your equipment, or post your equipment along with your application. World of Warcraft Armory is sufficient in most cases.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...mp;n=Mi%C3%B0az

Resistance gear of note:
Dont have any mentionable res gear

Please list your relevant raid experience, stating which encounters you have personal experience of in Black Temple, Mount Hyjal & Sunwell
Cleared MH, BT and done 3 bosses in SWP so i have some hardcore tbc raiding exp
As for wotlk i have cleared naxx 10 and done up to thaddius naxx 25, killed malygos 10man and sarth + archavon ofc

IMPORTANT:

Now when you´re done with the "basics", we´re on to what´s important in the application! Here we want you to explain a little about different aspects of your character and the game, so we can ensure you are suitable.

So, write a few sentences about:

Talents:
My current spec is 15/51/5 which is the optimal combat fist pve dps setup
Explain why you´re using the spec you are, what specs you´ve tried, and why you came to the conclusion that this specs suits you the best.
My current spec suits me best cause it scales brilliantly with my gear and stats, furthermore i've played a combat rogue for a long while so i know the damage rotation and can sustain a high dps in raids.

Gear:

Talk a bit about what gear you´re aiming for, this is EXTREMELY important for those without good gear. Basically just give us a list of what gear you´re aiming to get (what you think is the best possible gear for your class+spec). Where is your current equipment lacking now?
My current gear isn't lacking anything (without sounding like a smartass) besides for some minor flaws (occational enchants and poor boots/cloak) I have almost achieved the optimal gear setup for the current wotlk raid content. My expertise is capped, hitrating is very closed to the poison hit cap (315, mine is 310) and i have some replacement gear for a spec-change. (extra exp and hit). Of course my gear could use upgrades but it is more than suitable for naxx and start ulduar raiding. Ofc i have some desires etc, the main thing for me right now is new boots + cloak and (very unlikely) the optimal combat weaps ingame thus far, Calamity's Grasp and Webbed death. Furthermore there are few available upgrades such as the malygos ring, sarth +2 drakes 25man legs and some spread other stuff. But i really don't have any dire flaws in my gear.

Guild:

Why you want to join MoX, what type of guild you´re looking for, and what you´re looking for in a guild.
I'm looking for a semicasual and thought serious guild, meaning that i don't expect to raid more than 1-3 weeks as the content is right now but when i raid im looking for a serious atmosphere with a certain amount of swiftness and teamwork that can provide me with finally seeing kel thuzad dead on 25 man along with malygos 25. I'm furthermore looking for fellow players that are friendly and sarcastic(danes ftw) so i can mess em up without em caring too much about it  In short term a stabile, big and cool community in wich i can enjoy my wow experience with fellow players.

WoW:

What are your goals in wow, what do you want to achieve and how long do you plan to keep playing?
My goal is to see some serious raid content and have a blast while doing it, without completely ignoring my IRL in the proces. Hence my wants for a "slacpro" guild and community  - I don't have any date on when i quit since i have been pretty good at maintaining both irl and url hand in hand for some years now.

Additional Information:

Confirmation that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the MoX Charter:
Yes

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your application or that you would like us to know?                                       
                             Anything worth mentioning would be that i am a serious player and know when to mess around and when to shut up. I have an overview and knowledge of the game that i feel could benefit most guilds (that lack rogues) - I also want to thank anyone who reads this and possibly sponsors me  On a sidenote i should mention that my comp went down while doing this since a family member accidentally cut the internet, so this remade version was a bit shortened

Anyways hope to hear from you soon
/MiÐaz

Offline Dariah

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #1 on: 22 January, 2009, 08:31:57 am »
I've played with this dude somewhat when i was in Gimp myself, sound guy and decent player. Didn't know he was a dane though, until yesterday

Anyway, i see no reason why we shouldn't give him a chance to prove himself worthy. I definitly see some hidden MoX potential there

- D

Offline Carym

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: 22 January, 2009, 10:59:22 am »
I will point my recruitment officer & rogue class leader this way if they do not look in before this evening.
85 Druid

Offline Norn

• Regular
    • http://ourkidpauluk.bebo.com
« Reply #3 on: 22 January, 2009, 05:00:08 pm »
Midas, are you going to ask all rogues when you organise a mox heroic to pass on loot for you like you did for a mox rogue when he tried to go on your Vault raid yesterday?

WoW - Cornholio(80,Druid), Hyloth (80, Priest), Norn (80, Hunter)
Semolina Pilchards, Climbing up the Eiffel Tower!

Offline Amirub

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #4 on: 22 January, 2009, 06:11:07 pm »
Drama!

Anyway, try and catch me tonight or tomorrow at noon as i wont be on the following week because of ski vacation.
I go BOOM BOOM in my ROOM ROOM!

Offline Realm

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #5 on: 22 January, 2009, 06:26:55 pm »
MoX lootrulez ftw they apply for every1. No need to pass since dkp is king problem solved.

Offline Pebbles

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #6 on: 22 January, 2009, 06:28:34 pm »
Can i cut his balls now or do i have to wait

Offline Midaz

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #7 on: 22 January, 2009, 10:32:28 pm »
Well about the archavon heres the way i look at it. I organize arch n other pugs atm since i dont raid 25 mans. The sole reason for organizing these pugs are loot so i try to limit the number of rogues in em (only me if possible) so i have the biggest chance possible for rogue loots. But any rogue who i can make a deal with concerning loot distribution is welcome  - know it might sound could but pugs take an eternity to get organized and functioning so cba losing a roll when i finally get to the point where an epic is in reach. Ofc for naxx and sarth my mindset is different but for vault my sole reason there is loot. And its pretty twisted logic to ask me if im gna get ppl to pass loot for me in guildraids. My motivation for guildraiding and vault pugging are two different things. Raiding with a focused and skilled raid grp is pretty much worth the effort for me, but killing a large stoneguy who pretty much falls over by himself isnt anything i want a medal for  on the other hand i just want his helm:)

- hope you dont misunderstand this to interpret me as a cold mofo and i hope you get my point..

Offline Dariah

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #8 on: 23 January, 2009, 12:31:12 am »
There's always some amount of favoritism when a raidleader chooses members in PuG's, wether they'll admit to it or not, which is perfectly fine. The guy who knows the fight, leads the ppl and makes decisions with raidsetups should in all fairness get "something" for the effort. The guy proclaiming that everyone should have equal rights to every lootdrop is most likely the one who's done the least amount of work.

Anyway, i don't see why this is an issue, since A) It's a PuG event... we've come to accept the crapiness and random'ness of this already, and  As said before, DKP is king. The guys who works the hardest, will be granted with a higher oppertunity to get loot (which imo is an extended effect of whatever Midaz already did in the mentioned situation)

Anyway, anyway... I wasn't there and i really don't know Midaz that well. I think you're a cool guy, just try not to piss off too many members before i toss in my vouch will ya?

- D

Offline leary

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #9 on: 23 January, 2009, 03:23:06 am »
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]There's always some amount of favoritism when a raidleader chooses members in PuG's, wether they'll admit to it or not, which is perfectly fine. The guy who knows the fight, leads the ppl and makes decisions with raidsetups should in all fairness get "something" for the effort. The guy proclaiming that everyone should have equal rights to every lootdrop is most likely the one who's done the least amount of work.[/quote]

Yeah they should get something for the effort I agree, but our raidleaders are more than happy to see something go to someone else, its just a bit greedy if were honest! Id be more than happy to invite another rogue to my raid and see a piece of loot go to him that I needed! Even when ive made all the effort to start it! The guy proclaiming the equal rights to a loot drop was me actually, the raid i got invited on instead I put in a lot of effort and was top on the dps by quite a bit. Im not trying to brag about it but I put in a lot of work, as I have in our raiding in MoX

Well im not gonna say anything else about it, just felt I needed to mention my view on things, and lets see how things go!
« Last Edit: 23 January, 2009, 09:06:10 am by Carym »

Offline Midaz

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #10 on: 24 January, 2009, 03:29:12 pm »
leary in my case it was not a guildraid - I wont hold down any fellow guildmembers from looting if i gain the ability to, but in this case it was a pug - im not happy to see any loot go to a greengeared player who does 500 dps on archa but sometimes that happens. You cant compare the two as the environments described are completely different. and tbh i wouldnt really go through the trouble of emoscreaming at 25 ppl on /rw to get em to move their fat asses unless i had a fair chance of gaining something. In a guild raid the environment, players and motivation are all different from pugging.

I can see your point leary but non compatible with my actual situation that day in the archavon pug. and tbh lets nok make a fuzz about such an easymode boss.. feels like this has been blown a bit out of proportion

Offline Carym

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 25 January, 2009, 07:20:56 pm »
As Amirub is on holiday at the moment I will get another officer to speak with you. Sorry for the delay in responding.
85 Druid

Offline Midaz

• 03. Full Member
  • Lurker
« Reply #12 on: 25 January, 2009, 07:41:41 pm »
No probs im not in a hurry

Offline Carym

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 26 January, 2009, 09:34:11 pm »
Trial started 26/01/09.

Please re-read the pinned topics at the top & make sure you have all relevant raiding mods before attempting to raid.
« Last Edit: 26 January, 2009, 09:34:49 pm by Carym »
85 Druid

Offline Realm

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #14 on: 26 January, 2009, 11:59:34 pm »
Moved to the private forum
« Last Edit: 27 January, 2009, 10:30:11 am by Carym »