Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 [3] 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: [Lotro application] - Trisbor  (Read 7526 times)

Offline Trisbor

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
[Lotro application] - Trisbor
« on: 16 April, 2011, 10:43:02 pm »
Greetings :)

I'm Trisbor, submitting my application for a membership with The Shadows.

In real life I'm a man in my 30s and I come from Norway. My game companions have mostly been chocolate and coffee. Which is all good. However I seek a more social foundation, and I think The Shadows might be the right place for me. I'll not stop indulging in chocolate and coffee though.

I have played Lotro since July 2008 with a lifetime subscription and an army of alts. I spent some of that time in a kinship with a friend, but my friend left and I was stuck with a kinship all by myself. Which was okay, but did not give me many benefits beyond having an (empty) kinhouse.

I've long been on the lookout for a proper kin to call home, but it has to be the right one - a kin that fits my personality, play style and real life schedule. The Shadows might be the right candidate, thus my application for a membership.

In real life I work a lot. I am on a rotating schedule and might face last minute changes, and therefore cannot plan my gaming activities in too much detail. Sometimes I can play 5-6 hour long sessions straight each day for a week, other times I might be unable to do anything for 2-3 weeks. It varies a lot.

When I do play, I have an easy and laidback approach. Most of my time in Lotro I've played alone or with a friend, and I enjoy the quests and the progress for the lore, rather than shiny rewards. I find the music system in Lotro very intriguing and enjoy non-combat tasks such as crafting, fishing and housing just as much as I love facing mobs.

I've not had any raid experience at all in Lotro, nor do I have proper dungeon experience (beyond duoing small fellowship and epic quests). Well actually I ran through the entire Great Barrows dungeon one single time before the F2P revamp, soloing it with a level 65 character I have. Hardly worth mentioning, heh.

Trisbor is my newest alt. I have eight others too. One of them is level 65 character. The rest are levels 9-25, covering all races and most classes. I would be happy to bring all of them along to The Shadows, should I be lucky enough to be accepted as a proper member.

I do not really RP, but enjoy being surrounded by others who do RP. I do enjoy festival times in-game and I fancy collecting odd deeds and titles.

My MMO experience started with WoW in February 2004. I have spent a lot of time there, doing lots of dungeons and raids, and being a guild officer, but eventually it became too time consuming. My gaming CV also includes Warhammer Online (the only place I've felt comfortable doing PvP... still not tried Lotro's version of PvP... might have to do that some day!).

I'll mention some other games too: Star Wars Galaxies, Age of Conan, EVE Online, Star Trek Online, Fallen Earth, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Champions Online, DC Universe Online, Everquest 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Earthrise, Xsyon, and Rift. There might be even more, but these are the important ones. I'm on and off some of these once in a while, but Lotro has been, is, and will be my main game for as long as Turbine holds the license and the servers are running. I'm a Tolkien fan (but no lore geek).

I hope to be able to contribute to the kin, with crafting, quest help and anything else, to new and old kin members alike. I've read the charter and agree with it. If there's anything else you want to know, just ask. Thanks for reading :)

Offline Thaumatur

• 02. Captain
  • Veteran
Re: [Lotro application] - Trisbor
« Reply #1 on: 16 April, 2011, 11:35:39 pm »
Welcome :)

Fantastic post Tris !! *everyone gets a short name here*

From your post you sound perfect for the Shadows ...Hope to meet you in game soon and we can group up :)

I'll mention the official part:

This post starts your official trial, which will last for two weeks. If after that trial you'd like to become a full member post back here, or start another thread, for votes from kin members (3 by the way)

Group as much as you can (be pushy in kinchat!)  as it gives you a chance to get know us better and vice-verse

« Last Edit: 16 April, 2011, 11:38:02 pm by Thaumatur »

Offline daimon

• Lumberjack & Paranoid Sling Swinger
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
  • Milkaway
    • http://www.facebook.com/sami.kulmala
« Reply #2 on: 16 April, 2011, 11:36:34 pm »
Welcome Trisbor. Were nice application as I said in-game already. Pleasure to have you

Offline ZombieB

• Administrator
  • Addict
« Reply #3 on: 16 April, 2011, 11:39:49 pm »
Great application indeed.

Happy to see you here and glad you've taken an interest in The Shadows :)

How is Xsyon anyways? I and a couple of workbuddies have tried "Wurm Online" during our lunch breaks, and Xsyon looked a bit interesting.

Also known as Bullborn.
The cake is real, but there is no spoon.
"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential" - Winston Churchill

Offline Eovina

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #4 on: 16 April, 2011, 11:54:02 pm »
Velkommen til Shadows  :)

Eovina-HNT lvl 75 Thinuwiel-RK lvl 75Chelestina-BURG lvl 85
Celebrianna CAPT- lvl 76  Immerandir- WRD lvl 75 Lilliathel- LM lvl 85
  Riwennor-MINS lvl 75Welin- CHP- lvl 75 Amaryllia-GRD-lvl 75

Offline Lithia

• Mrs. ZombieB
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #5 on: 17 April, 2011, 12:09:00 am »
Welcome to the Shadows and MoX Trisbor, nice application, seems like you have experience from various games there - I really hope you'll like it with us! :)

LOTRO: Lithia (81 Hunter pew pew) / various alts at all levels

No, I do not have a playernote on Lithia, and may I quote myself: Neverr!!!

Offline Achazia

• Songsmith of Xibalba
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/achazia74
« Reply #6 on: 17 April, 2011, 11:24:44 am »
lovely Application Trisbor.
I also loved the first letter you gave me (I had to post it in our Shades forum) I am glad you didn't mind :)

From what I read from you application. I think you are perfect for the Shadows. Our Kin is a very relaxed one, that contains many people with family and has works that cause people not to play that much.
Our Kin is a mixed one, but thats what I love about Shadows. It contains people playing the game because of the end game content, Some people just quest now and then aswell, and people like me RP quite a lot..
.But we respect eachothers playerstyle, and thats what so good about this Kin I think :)  Depending on my mood a certain day I can do what I want in Shadows..
I have heard people classify us as  light-RP Kin/non-RP kin on Laurelin.. But that really does not bother me. I am verty proud of The Shadows/and the Shades. And many apreciates us (well we will see tonight if thats true .. hihi)

Welcome to The Shadows. Don't hesitate to poke me if you have questions Trisbor.

Oh I only have one criteria Trisbor when it comes to The Shadows : Have fun! ;)
« Last Edit: 17 April, 2011, 11:29:55 am by Achazia »

Playing both LOTRO and TSW at the moment.

Offline Yuroo

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
    • TorilMUD
« Reply #7 on: 17 April, 2011, 12:17:42 pm »
Hi and welcome Trisbor!

Indeed a very nice application and hopefully you'll like it with us.
Currently only playing...with myself...

Offline Wicked Mouse

• 03. Full Member
  • Addict
  • You haven't lived a day if you haven't laughed.
    • WickedMouse.com
« Reply #8 on: 17 April, 2011, 06:08:59 pm »
I hope you won't regret what you got yourself into :D Welcome to the madhouse, Trisbor :hi:

Won MoX Meet Awards: BBQ Master MM4 2007; War Photographer MMX 2008; The David Beckham Award MM5 2009

Offline Dirtball

• Father Sithmas
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 17 April, 2011, 06:29:58 pm »
Welcome Trisbor. As others have pointed out a very nice application indeed.

I'm current inactive due to moving house and organising a wedding. However as soon as my internet is up and running again I hope to get back online so look forward to meeting you.

Offline Trisbor

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #10 on: 17 April, 2011, 08:22:13 pm »
A big thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

@ Thauma: Worry not, I'll get used to everyone getting a short name. It always happens to me in other games, so it would seem out of place if I was not treated the same way here :D

I'll ask in kinchat to group up for quests, deeds and whatever else, to get to know each other better.

@ ZombieB: Xsyon is the kind of game that would make you go mad if you're not equipped with the most important trait of them all: Patience. It is a game with potential. However it is brand new and there might be a lack of desirable features. The indie devs seem busy enough though, and I am quite certain that the game will be closer to its true potential in a few months time. Remember this is a sandbox game: No introduction to the game. You're on your own and can either team up with others in tribes (kins/guilds) or be a hermit and face dangers on your own (including PvP). I know that Wurm and Darkfall players have taken interest in Xsyon.

@ Achazia: Thanks for the kind words. Of course I did not mind you posting my letter :)

Looking forward to tonight's concert now. See you all there :)

Offline Padme

• He's the Daddy
  • 11. SWTOR Officer
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 17 April, 2011, 11:51:23 pm »
Welcome Trisbor (probably the last time i use your full name too ;) ) and i hope you will like it with us... you just got the cherry on the cake (i hope i got that right!) tonight with the Shades concert so sadly i have to say it just CANT get any better than this... or can it!? :p

SWTOR:
-=Paad'm 65 (BH Merc) - Paam'd 55 (Sniper) - Pluk 51 (Sorc)=-
MARVEL HEROES ONLINE:
-=Human Torch 33 - Black Widow 35 - Cyclops 39 - Silver Surfer 46 =-
DIABLO3:
-=Paadm 70 (P208) Wizard - Paam 70 (P208) Barbarian - PadmOne 70 (P208) Monk - Padmoon 70 (P208) Demon Hunter - PadCrus 70 (P208) Crusader =-

Offline Aduilas

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #12 on: 18 April, 2011, 09:32:31 am »
Welcome to the Shadows, Trisbor.. :)
- Aduilas

Steam: Lindn

Offline Yasura

• Noobler
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: 19 April, 2011, 04:50:10 pm »
Welcome :) Hope you like it with us!

Offline Trisbor

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #14 on: 23 April, 2011, 10:21:18 pm »
Hello guys, thanks for the kind comments and the warm welcome. I'd just like to update this post a wee bit. Today I've been a trial member for exactly one week. During this time, the most memorable event was last Sunday's The Shades concert. In other news I've gained new levels and achieved the undying title (and continued to level 23, still without dying - wardens are OP haha), and generally have had lots of fun, as intended.

All well so far. Now, the reason I'm updating this is to let you all know that I will be away from the game for the next days ahead. I won't have time to play at all again before Monday 2nd of May (which is a week and two days into the future from the time of writing this). I am aware of the fact that the trial is supposed to last for two weeks. Thus, with me "missing out" on the second week, I would assume that I can make up for this by continuing the trial's second week, starting Monday 2nd of May...

Oh and PS - I logged off early tonight (Saturday) due to drowsiness from pollen allergy remedies. Yes, it is that time of year again... I informed the few who were online. The rest of you can read this :p

I'll be available on this forum the coming week though, it is only the game itself that I'll have no time to log on.

See you all later  :)

Offline Thaumatur

• 02. Captain
  • Veteran
« Reply #15 on: 23 April, 2011, 10:40:07 pm »
Not a problem at all Tris,

There is plenty of precedent for an extended trial and I'm sure this qualifies, looking forward when your back to continue your trial.

Thanks again for keeping us informed :)

Thau

Offline Trisbor

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #16 on: 26 April, 2011, 09:48:10 pm »
Thank you Thau for the extended trial. I'll look forward to be back in game on Monday. Just too much work for me this week (seven days straight...) to even allow me to log on and say hello.

This might not be the right place, but I do not have access to other parts of this forum, and some of you may already have received the news earlier today... Turbine will take over all of Codemasters' EU based Lotro services from the 1st of June:

http://www.lotro.com/news/pressreleases/1160

Not going to derail the application thread here into a Codies vs. Turbine discussion, so I'll just leave it at that. I'm sure we'll get the needed details in due time so our characters will safely make the transition journey :)

Offline Thaumatur

• 02. Captain
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 08 May, 2011, 10:13:07 am »
Great to see you back Tris :)

I've extended your trial to Saturday 14th as I know real life stuff is cutting down time you can be with us at present and I want to give you the best chance to get to know kin members

*To Shadows kin*

Tris and Raven are low to mid level at the moment, so please make an effort to group up as much as you can with your alts in the same level range

Offline Trisbor

• 03. Full Member
  • Noobler
« Reply #18 on: 08 May, 2011, 07:44:54 pm »
Thank you for confirming the trial extension. I'll of course be online as much as possible during the remaining trial time until Saturday :)

But allow me to complicate things just a little bit...  :p Tomorrow, on Tuesday and on Wednesday I will be able to come online only very late at night (logging on close to midnight). Busy days and eveninings these three days. That's why. But luckily the kin has its fair share of active members also at such vampire friendly hours, so all should be well :D

Offline Morbeleg

• 33. Friends of The Shadows
  • Noobler
« Reply #19 on: 09 May, 2011, 04:42:13 pm »
Daylight burnsss..
Morbeleg (CHM65)
Alt harem:
Gisulf (GRD65) - Hurdagnir (WRD65) - Berennor (HNT65)- Belerog (RNK65)- Dharnak (CPT65)- Evalen (LRM65)- Berigrim (BRG65)- Dharmon (CPT27) - Rurp (MNS65) - Nimroc (CHM65) - Svindler (LRM65)

binomial-cheese