May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Membership request - Ryu  (Read 12591 times)

Offline Tinbum

• Hair Captain
  • 04. MoX News Team
  • Regular
  • Keep away from the WoW cave!
Re: Membership request - Ryu
« Reply #40 on: 19 November, 2011, 12:40:09 pm »
, because you already had made up your mind. You might as well just have left without saying anything, because you didn't discuss anything with any of us..

You have to ask permission to leave wow now?!

Offline szemere

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
  • Purple Kittens.
« Reply #41 on: 19 November, 2011, 12:46:00 pm »
, because you already had made up your mind. You might as well just have left without saying anything, because you didn't discuss anything with any of us..

You have to ask permission to leave wow now?!

As an officer, usually that's something you discuss :)

Offline Kletsnat

• Diplomatic Envoy for peace in WoW
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • Artifex
« Reply #42 on: 19 November, 2011, 12:57:04 pm »
If you're a core Raider and officer and the rest of the group is highly dependant on you, then yes. I do think it would be appropiate to announce it upfront. It's even in the MoX charter that if you wish to resign, you need to do so upfront and not just 5 minutes before quitting.

d. Resignations

i. If any existing Council, Captain or Forum Officer wishes to resign they should inform the other MoX staff.
ii. There will be a 2 day cooling off period where the officer has the chance to reconsider.
iii. If they still wish to resign, they will be demoted to Member rank. As their last act, they should inform the members that they are standing down.
iv. Replacements, if required, will be facilitated using the above procedures.
v. The resigning officer is free to re-apply to any officer role they feel they meet the criteria for in the future.
Guildmaster of Artifex
Klets - Zipora - Segev - Sagiv

Offline Ryu

• P.I.T.A.
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #43 on: 19 November, 2011, 12:58:47 pm »
The last thing I need from any of you is to create a flame topic out of this. As much as I love people fighting my corner.  :D

Although its like everthing in life, negatives outway the positive, even if there is one major event. But I did do allot for MoX as well, instead of this one mistake. As Squared would like me to say "I brought peanuts!"

Offline Xan

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
  • If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
« Reply #44 on: 19 November, 2011, 01:07:07 pm »
Right. I've had enough. My fuse has only ever been so long, and that just pushed me over the edge.

Sagiv, you're all about "the rules" but did you ever stop to think about how your now being a complete hypocrit? You've said "Yeah for second chances" now it's "Oh but the rules say this that and the other" now you're just making it almost impossible for him to have a second chance - so rather than pointing out things that have been discussed, re-discussed and back again please make a post relevant and new.

If you'd like to be technical, you've noted "Council, Captain or Forum Officer" I would like to point out that neither I nor Ryu were any of those things at any stage. Ryu was a Raid Leader, and I was Recruitment Officer. So please, before quoting double check your facts.

Naril, I want to say thank you, for you're the person that has actually stated something that a lot may not know, and that is the length of time I sat in MoX being abused through Guild Chat, and not just the odd word, but full blown accusations and I hadn't even left, I hadn't even decided on whether I was leaving and because Ryu made a decision I was forced out - and yeah yeah, I've had the "well you wouldn't have left him" but that was MY choice, and I didn't even get a chance to make it.

I'm done with this conversation, I'm bored with people digging up pointless comments, and I want the flaming to stop. Ryu deserves a second chance, and if I don't get one, then I don't - but I am not sitting here reading people continuously making comments about all these things "he could have done" when they said themselves to give him a second chance.

It's in the past, he doesn't want to play a game you play. So either move on and let him stay in contact with his friends, the reason he's reapplying, or keep out of the thread. Your annoying posts when he would probably never be in contact with you again seems stupid. Does it really bother you that much you just need to troll?

Formally known as Alie.

Offline Nobz

• Robonobz
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #45 on: 19 November, 2011, 01:11:22 pm »
Well, since they won't be playing WoW, there is no point in arguing about WoW related stuff anymore.

It'll just turn into something none of us wants.

I do, however, hope you two can come back ;)

Offline Kletsnat

• Diplomatic Envoy for peace in WoW
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
    • Artifex
« Reply #46 on: 19 November, 2011, 01:20:43 pm »
Apparently Tinbum needed an explanation of why it is appropiate for people to share the fact they're quitting MoX WoW, which is why I wrote what I wrote. I merely used Ryu as an example of how not to do it.

Also I think that these rules that apply to the forum ranks, should just as much apply to in-game ranks.

And I will still stick to what I said, which is that I'm all in for giving second chances.
« Last Edit: 19 November, 2011, 01:25:48 pm by Kletsnat »
Guildmaster of Artifex
Klets - Zipora - Segev - Sagiv

Offline Ramsay

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #47 on: 19 November, 2011, 02:30:06 pm »
Right. I've had enough.

The last thing I need from any of you is to create a flame topic out of this.

Just lock the thread and discuss it moderators, it's getting abit out of hand.
"Major kudos to those who still play healers, your ability to deal with the changes is truly amazing. I wish there were more of you but there is not, and we are all suffering because of it"

Offline Yam

• Yummy Yum Yam - protector of the cake!
  • 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #48 on: 19 November, 2011, 02:32:45 pm »
Well i don't know for sure what went down in wow when Ryu and Xan left us only heard a few things after, however that being said they still deserve a second chance because they have done many good things for the community in the past (before your time Sagiv)

I have had many good times with Ryu in different games, he was the Captain of Aion, he was my duel-partner in healing in WotLK, he was also the guy who also recorded the awesome pirate-night in wow. I haven´t had so much time with Xan yet (because Ryu keeps hogging her) but they are a blob these days so buy one get one for free.

I salute you for using the rules Sagiv because the rules are there for a reason but this time i think its safe to say that you can take the rules and shove em! (i mean this as a joke) even thou he did a bad thing i kind of counter the good with the bad and the good wins in this case. People will always leave in anger (i think i have the record btw) but that doesn´t mean they are all bad people just makes them people, and good people deserves a second chance (i have gotten a few btw probably record there to!)

Sorry for the wall of text and i hope you get what im trying to say! (writing is not my best skill, talking is thou!)

:D :P

Offline Farrow

• Administrator
  • Addict
« Reply #49 on: 19 November, 2011, 03:21:59 pm »
RyuKain, ye galaxy pilot of little skill, on behalf of the council I'd like to be the first to say welcome back. Your reapplication has been accepted, you are a member once more.

Now, no more silliness, you hear? :)
I don't care who you are. When it comes to flying a Galaxy - better you than Ryu.

Offline Nobz

• Robonobz
  • 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #50 on: 19 November, 2011, 03:25:47 pm »
Wooo! Welcome back ;)

Offline Joxer

• 03. Full Member
  • Veteran
« Reply #51 on: 19 November, 2011, 03:28:08 pm »
Excellent! Very glad this decesion was made, welcome back Ryu! :D

Now go preorder SWTOR, and start re-reading that Galaxy Pilot's Manual ;)

Offline Great Maw

• 03. Full Member
  • Regular
« Reply #52 on: 19 November, 2011, 03:37:50 pm »
one word rank

If you want a full explanation ryu and xan then PM me will be happy to let you know what I think.

Try not to wash my laundry in public

Offline Wilbur Spoons

• Class in a very tall glass
  • 03. Full Member
  • Addict
« Reply #53 on: 19 November, 2011, 03:51:09 pm »
Ok, well welcome back in Ryu, this was a unaminous decision, however, please take into account the bad feeling you may have left with some people during the time you quit and at least try to make peace with them, if you think they deserve to be upset or not. Xan, if you would also like to come back then please apply as Ryu has done and you will be afforded the same respect and discussion regarding this.

For anyone unhappy, the decision has been made, forgiveness is a tough thing, but its also a liberating thing, I suggest that you try to let bygones be bygones and continue enjoying being a part of MoX regardless.

Everyone see this as a new start with Ryu, and we'll all get on just fine.

Thread closedarooney!